[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Firmware v 2.70

Go down 
+4
GeneraLee27
bignasty-que
tuffmuff
JayGood
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 10:31 pm

Quote :
[b]PS3 Firmware (v2.70) Update

Posted by Eric Lempel // Director, PlayStation Network Operations
Hi everyone, we’re adding some great new features with the next PS3 firmware update (v2.70) that will continue to enhance your connected experience on the PS3. The 2.70 update brings a new Text Chat feature that enables you to communicate online with your PlayStation Network friends. Now, you’ll be able to chat with up to 15 online friends using the Wireless Keypad, on-screen keyboard, or other compatible keyboard peripherals. Not only can you chat with your friends instantly, but you can also access Text Chat while playing PS3 games and even participate in up to three chat rooms at once.
In addition to Text Chat, we’ve added a few more enhancements:
Friends list on the XMB (XrossMediaBar)

• Sort your friends via their online status
  • Attach larger files to the messages you send to your friends (file size will increase from 1MB to 3MB)

Video delivery service on PlayStation Store

• Video files you’ve purchased from the PlayStation Store can be backed up to an external storage device and then restored to PS3’s internal hard drive for playback – so you can clear up space on your hard drive and then restore the video anytime in the future
  • Videos you’ve purchased for PSP (PlayStation Portable) system can now be transferred to PS3 for playback

http://blog.us.playstation.com/

Dropped tonight. You can now have three different chat windows "text" with up to 15 different users...should be helpful with quick clan responses.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 8:21 am

coool...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
bignasty-que
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
bignasty-que

Post # : 284

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 1:43 pm

I DIDNT GET ONLINE OR ON PS3 YESTERDAY (4/1/09)....
didnt TRUST IT...

like P.E. said.......
CANT TRUST IT... NO, NO, NOOOOO
CANT TRUST IT!!!
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 1:53 pm

bignasty-que wrote:
I DIDNT GET ONLINE OR ON PS3 YESTERDAY (4/1/09)....
didnt TRUST IT...

like P.E. said.......
CANT TRUST IT... NO, NO, NOOOOO
CANT TRUST IT!!!

The worm or virus is only for "Windows" based OPS (Operating systems). Sony, particularly the PS3 or any of the consoles for that mater, do not use a Windows based OPS...such as XP, Vista, Windows2000, etc. With the PS3 using a cell processor, it's very...very difficult to write up a virus for the OPS Sony usues, b/c it's not common, such as one that uses windows...like your laptop/desktop computers. That's why it's safer to surf the net on your PS3, and not be infected...b/c the spyware, worms, viruses, etc...are written and designed for Windows based users. Technically the worm was sent out a while back...the virus that was supposed to be released yesterday was only to "enhance" it.

As for the worm...and the virus, you're fine if you're anti-virus protection is up to date. If it's not, whether you log on yesterday, or next Friday, you'll still be at high risk. It's in the actual lines of connection or internet...so once you start surfing, your computer is at risk...that's from a Network admin.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:19 pm

LOL BigNasty.. I was wondering where you were last night...

Major Fail Nasty... Major lol!
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:30 pm

tuffmuff wrote:
LOL BigNasty.. I was wondering where you were last night...

Major Fail Nasty... Major lol!

"Skid Rock"...lol

I guess he gets a pass for taking preventative measures...though they werent needed.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:32 pm

LOLOL I'm still cracking up about this
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:56 pm

this update is cool i looked at it this morning before school
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:13 pm

Official Mvmt Chat
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 11:27 am

That chat is pretty tight. I like how you can still stay logged in it while playing...and any updates come across come across the screen. Much easier than sending messages.

Still trying to figure out the copy/paste option.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 2:12 pm

Haven't been on since is came out Sad I'll have to get it on Saturday. Too much work.
Back to top Go down
Bouwser
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Bouwser

Post # : 173

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 5:23 pm

I didn't really get what was gone on ? jay you send a chat thing but I was not sure what to do, I have to investigate it some more. scratch

Work--Play--Game (Mvmt)Bouwser
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 5:44 am

are the ps3's psn still having functionality problems as far as locking up or server issues??? i mean are you still experiencing issues with the new download and can you tell me what new features ya'll are babbling on about all i can gleem from you conversations is some new chat feature, where at on our xmb bar before game play??? during and whatnot oh yeah what was that message thing you were talking about???
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:31 pm

GenXGamer wrote:
are the ps3's psn still having functionality problems as far as locking up or server issues??? i mean are you still experiencing issues with the new download and can you tell me what new features ya'll are babbling on about all i can gleem from you conversations is some new chat feature, where at on our xmb bar before game play??? during and whatnot oh yeah what was that message thing you were talking about???

Lol...check the very first post of this topic.

I haven't had any functionality or downloading problems though. So far so good.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 7:17 pm

Ahhh, boy do i feel embarrassed...... i think i mentioned it on another post last night was drunk posting, usually become more opinionated and appearantly sloppy.... maybe i was looking for some attention, lol..... meaning i will usually read an entire topic to try and get caught up with subject at hand and not jump in mid stream, however, this wasn't the case last nite.... funny part is still in the dark will just have to wait and see when i get my ps3 back from tech support.... so appearantly none of you have been having online issues or freezing up issues at all???? am so glad i sent it back for swap out, oh yeah tony knows about this but in case none of you have thought of it before now i would recommend you by a 20 dollar USB Flash Drive to back up your saved games before you ps3 freezes up on you and locks it down to where you cannot do this and lose ALL of your information.... Thanks to a clan buddy who was talkin' about his refurbished ps3 giving him headaches ie; freezing up online, offline as well, troubles login into PSN, losing ability to play blue ray discs and all of this happening close to when his limited 3 month warrenty was about to expire. the idiot that i am didn't call until 1 week past that time and they allowed it as a one time goodwill gesture to me, meaning at the first instance that the next one they send me starts acting up there will be no wait and see attitude it's going right back right away and will keep doing so until they get it right... and no am not doing the drunken posting thing again was just pointing out that i thought they came up with the new firmware update due to the problems i have been having, initially i just thought it due to Killzone 2 coming out and it would appear that it was only a coincidence after all.... Thanks again jaydog, i appreciated it and all that you do around here
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 10:38 pm

Gamer you may want to get with Nova...he's expieriencing problems with his P3 also...said that whenever he turns it on...it just turns itself right back off.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 3:56 pm

No, Not that, Not the Yellow Light Of Death..... ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Poor Poor Nova..... i think it was nova i was discussing this with which is why i reacted post haste and sent it away again, he was telling me of his refurbed ps3 and the problems that arose after the limited 3 month warrenty expired.... just couldn't remember who said it til now being all flustered over the whole ordeal and the fear of being stuck with another FUBAR ps3.... so i am now waiting for the return of said ps3.... like i said will keep on it til they get it right, know what i mean cause everytime they send ya a refurb it's warrentied for three months/90 days..... and it was nice when i first got it back all nice and quiet, no freezing or connection issues however froze periodically and really started tanking after KZ2 came out and attributed it to PSN errors..... oh well live and learn, from now on if it so much as sneezes am sending it back. oh yeah plan on getting that 500 gig harddrive to install it when it comes back.... see if that enhances it as well.
Back to top Go down
trailside13
Civilian
trailside13

Post # : 819

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Yeah I've noticed that my PS3 has been freezing up and losing connection alot more often over the past 3 weeks. Once I seen the yellow light on my PS3 but it still worked. So hopefully it won't happen again and actually do what yours keeps doing Gamer. Shocked
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:08 pm

All I know is... the Warhawk servers SUCK these days. Today when I first signed on it wouldn't let me into ANYONE's server... then it told me the network was down... then it kept saying "error" when I'd try to join a game. Everyone I messaged said their's was working fine.

After about 15 minutes and nearly throwing the machine across the room it let me connect to the MVMT room.

Not to mention the weird shit that happens regularly in games these days and getting knocked out of the server AT LEAST once for the night.

They should at least maintain the servers with as many people that are still playing the game. Its annoying.
Back to top Go down
hacknslash5
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
hacknslash5

Post # : 190

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 12:30 am

HA! i have one of the first 60 gigs and it only freazes when i have to many intrnet windows open or sometimes when im in a game with 20 or more ppl and the host has ntwrk error and shuts down. other than that mine cool. never even knew there was yellow light of death.
Back to top Go down
hacknslash5
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
hacknslash5

Post # : 190

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 12:33 am

check out my post in milli minded whoevers interested in big knives
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:20 am

OK OK OK i think it's KZ2 now that ya'll are coming forward with this info....was in a game with garwar and couple of other's from the clan and kept being kicked from the game with a game disconnected error or freezing up on me, to just log back in and the guys would tell me there were'nt experiencing any errors or troubles of any sort....have done the tuffmuff thing messaging ppl to see what was what and they said no problems here all was fine.... and if you have had the yellow light of death and the 5 beeps of doom that accompany it i would go out and buy a USB memory stick with at least a 1 gig capacity.... before sending the ps3 back to sony for repairs and whatnot ie; dieing all together. i copied all the games saved data i could.( was pissed it wouldn't let me backup street fighter 4, some games are locked and cannot be backed up at all). was definately worth it in my opinion because when i get it back i am going to install the 500 gig hdd, and one of the things they say can go wrong with this is that you sometimes have to manually load up the latest system update and it was very easy getting it from PSN on my PC to download onto my memory stick.... just feel better being able to backup my saved game's data so if'n it does freeze up on me i won't lose an entire two whole years of game data....
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 8:11 am

GenXGamer wrote:
OK OK OK i think it's KZ2 now that ya'll are coming forward with this info

I only have an issue when I'm playing Warhawk. I have no issues with my machine unless I'm in a Warhawk server. I never get kicked when playing KZ2 or can't get in a server... nor with SFIV.

If you ask me... I'd say its the Warhawk servers. IMO.
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:28 am

It's the update if anything have none of you learned from before Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:29 am

I was getting knocked out and having issues well before the update. Its Warhawk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Firmware v 2.70 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firmware v 2.70   Firmware v 2.70 Empty

Back to top Go down

Firmware v 2.70
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next