[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Firmware Update 3.0

Go down 
+3
Hells
pranc2
GeneraLee27
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

Firmware Update 3.0 Empty
PostSubject: Firmware Update 3.0   Firmware Update 3.0 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 5:56 pm

Back to top Go down
pranc2
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
pranc2

Post # : 553

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Update 3.0   Firmware Update 3.0 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:51 pm

it will probably piss me off until i use it enogh..lol
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Update 3.0   Firmware Update 3.0 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:03 pm

Screw all that. They should make it so you can invite friends and watch movies with them... and maybe set it up so you can talk to each other with the mics while the movie is playing. The update looks ok though.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Update 3.0   Firmware Update 3.0 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 11:19 pm

updates are always a pain in the ass the first week they are implemented
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Update 3.0   Firmware Update 3.0 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 12:00 am

Quote :
Hi everyone, PlayStation 3 (PS3) firmware update (v3.00) adds a number of great new features that we’re excited to share with you. The latest update incorporates changes that improve navigation on your PS3. First, you’ll notice some cosmetic changes to the design of the XMB (Xross Media Bar). We’ve enhanced the look and feel of the XMB so that it’s easier and even more intuitive to use. We’ve also added network improvements and personalization options to help enhance your PS3 experience.

Additional highlights from update 3.00 include:

“What’s New” – The “Information Board” will be replaced with a “What’s New” section, which allows you to enjoy interactive PlayStation news every time you start the PS3 system. Located under the PlayStation Network icon, “What’s New” displays the latest and greatest game, video, PlayStation Network and PlayStation news and releases, as well as your recently played games, in a sleek, new animated format.

Status Indicator – In the top right corner we’ve added an indicator bar, which displays your user icon, friend icon, the number of friends you have online and a small message icon to let you know if you have any new messages. The indicator also includes a scrolling ticker that features the latest news from PlayStation Network. In addition, when you press the PS button, the battery life indicator will no longer cover up the clock.

Friends List – Now your PlayStation Network friends will appear in a slightly redesigned format on your Friends List. Also, messages will now be viewable from each of your friends’ respective profiles.

PlayStation Store Shortcuts – We’ve added a handy shortcut icon to the PlayStation Store under both the Game and Video categories so you can access the latest content quickly and easily.

Personalization – Personalize your PS3 with new dynamic custom themes and avatars. Dynamic themes as well as free and premium avatars will be available through PlayStation Store. A dynamic theme takes your screen to a whole new level as it incorporates animated objects into the background.

Trophies – Showcasing your hard earned trophies just got better. Update 3.00 gives game developers the ability to modify how they display trophies for add-on content. Base and add-on game trophies will continue to be combined into a single list so you can see where you stand in a game as a whole. Within that list, trophies will be broken out into subcategories—base trophies and add-on trophies—that way, you can easily view the percentage of your base game trophy collection, and separately track your trophy progress in add-on packs. Look for this enhancement to be included in upcoming games.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Update 3.0   Firmware Update 3.0 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 10:13 am

the new stuff sounds cool... we're definitely in desperate need of new avatars... having to pay for them though kinda sucks
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: It's out....   Firmware Update 3.0 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 12:18 am

Quote :
The new firmware update has it, bringing new XMB functionality, a status indicator, a friends list redesign, dynamic themes, avatars, and much more.

Free and premium avatars show up in your status bar, but the most prevalent of the changes is a status bar in the top right of the screen, which shows your avatar, your user icon, what you are up to, and a mail icon, in case you have messages waiting. Messages from your friends now appearing in their respective profiles.

The games and video categories of the cross media bar will now feature shortcuts to the PlayStation Store, reflecting downloadable content and related items available.

Firmware 3.0 is supposedly the last major PS3 firmware update this year.
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Update 3.0   Firmware Update 3.0 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 1:23 am

I like it so far. The old crap was getting, well, old.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Update 3.0   Firmware Update 3.0 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 8:27 am

I'm still trying to figure it all out... dunno

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Update 3.0   Firmware Update 3.0 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:36 pm

Everything still pretty much works the same way. There's just more "windows" popping up for every icon than before.
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Update 3.0   Firmware Update 3.0 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:58 pm

It sucks
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Update 3.0   Firmware Update 3.0 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:09 pm

They actually added a lot of new stuff. I dig it, but I HATE the HUGE fonts and icons and the grey bars around the friends list is ATROCIOUS!! They need to add an option for large or small fonts and icons (the old ones were perfect) and totally redesign the friends list and gamer cards. Those bulky cards contradict the rest of the interface which is clean and streamlined.
Back to top Go down
TX11
Civilian
TX11

Post # : 112

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Update 3.0   Firmware Update 3.0 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:41 am

The Huge font sucks but i can live with it but i can not stand the new friends list. It blows big time.
Back to top Go down
pranc2
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
pranc2

Post # : 553

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Update 3.0   Firmware Update 3.0 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:33 pm

its ok i dont like that the friends list is a blocked out... i rarely like anything new anyway. at least right away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firmware Update 3.0   Firmware Update 3.0 Empty

Back to top Go down

Firmware Update 3.0
Page 1 of 1