[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Firmware 2.7 Speculation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

Firmware 2.7 Speculation Empty
PostSubject: Firmware 2.7 Speculation   Firmware 2.7 Speculation EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 11:27 am

This is a rumor until I can confirm.

• Friends List:
    - Voice Messaging is now available as an alternative to text after selecting a user on the friends list. Voice message recordings are capped at 30 seconds.
    - Home Integration: Saved Playstation Home avatar photos can be selected as photo ID for Gamer Card/Friends List.
    - Trophy number and Gamer Level are listed under Friend names for quick reference.
  • Gamer Card & Trophies:
    - Gamer Card layout has been changed to more closely resemble the Playstation Store aesthetic.
    - Past Trophy information can be viewed in detail by selecting “Recent Trophy History” option.
    - Newly aquired trophies auto-sync in the background
    - Server infrastructure for Trophies has been optimized. Resulting in faster retrieval time for Gamer Card and Trophy information.
  • In-Game XMB:
    - Loading time for In-Game XMB has been drastically reduced, resulting in a more seemless in-game experience.
    - “Theme settings” options while in-game is now available, allowing custom themes to be applied to the In-Game XMB.
    - Internet Browser can now be accessed while in-game.
    - Voice messaging and voice chat options can be used while in-game.
    - Options that cannot be used in the XMB during game sessions are grayed out (but still selectable) to eliminate user accessibility confusion.
  • Misc:
    - Other slight UI tweaks and enhancements.
Back to top Go down
trailside13
Civilian
trailside13

Post # : 819

PostSubject: Re: Firmware 2.7 Speculation   Firmware 2.7 Speculation EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 11:33 am

I know i'm not a wiz at all this stuff but wouldn't accessing the internet during a game make your ping go up on WH etc. ?
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Firmware 2.7 Speculation   Firmware 2.7 Speculation EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 11:44 am

Quote :
I know i'm not a wiz at all this stuff but wouldn't accessing the internet during a game make your ping go up on WH etc. ?
I wouldn't think so cause you're already connected to begin with. OR if so it may be VERY slight.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Firmware 2.7 Speculation   Firmware 2.7 Speculation EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 11:51 am

trailside13 wrote:

That's a good question...If you think about it, I would say possibly yes b/c it's pulling from your overall bandwidth of your connection. Just as you playing in one room...and someone else in another hoping on the internet. As Almighty mentioned, hopefully they have played around with this and have clevered a way to reduce lag...but if they can't...I wouldnt be surprised.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Firmware 2.7 Speculation   Firmware 2.7 Speculation EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 12:21 pm

Quote :
That's a good question...If you think about it, I would say possibly yes b/c it's pulling from your overall bandwidth of your connection. Just as you playing in one room...and someone else in another hoping on the internet. As Almighty mentioned, hopefully they have played around with this and have clevered a way to reduce lag...but if they can't...I wouldnt be surprised.
Yeah I would think HOPEFULLY it would be slight. Usually you can open up to five pages at once, so I'd think you would be limited to just one in-game. But lets just say that there's no way around higher ping, from Sony's perspective the type of game your playing would come into account.

9/10 you're not gonna hop on the Net during a multiplayer based game like WH, K2, COD and such. But say during LBP, SFIV and GTA you would pause the game and surf the net and it wouldn't effect gameplay. So in that way Sony would justify higher ping during in-game surfing without altering your gaming experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firmware 2.7 Speculation   Firmware 2.7 Speculation Empty

Back to top Go down

Firmware 2.7 Speculation
Page 1 of 1