[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Firmware 3.0 Speculation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

Firmware 3.0 Speculation Empty
PostSubject: Firmware 3.0 Speculation   Firmware 3.0 Speculation EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 4:41 pm

Quote :
It is rumored that Firmware update 3.0 will implement features that will rival Xbox Live. What features could those be? Its main advantage over XBL is the fact that it’s free, but unfortunately you can’t use that forever. The PSN is an impressive service, but it is still missing key features that the competition has had for years. GamesonSmash has compiled a list of what we would like to see in this upcoming update.

* More status options: Users should be able to pick from being Invisible, away, or do not disturb. I also think if you watching a Blu Ray movie the title should be under your name.

* Myspace like profiles for the PSN: Expand on the PSN profiles by making it more like Myspace or Facebook. Make it so that you’re not just a name.

* A reworked friends list: Taking another nod from social networking, have an option where you can have a top friends list. Change the friend list interface as well.

* More support for the in game screen shots that was introduced in firmware 2.43

* A top ten most played list: Most of us on the PSN want to know what the most played games are on PSN. In my opinion this would be a plus.

* YouTube for games: All Sony needs to do is making YouTube for all the games besides just Pixel Junk Eden. Just think of all the bragging rights you can have while the whole world is watching you destroy your friends over and over again.

* Video messaging: We can already record video with Eyecreate, why not send the videos to you friends and tell them what’s up?

* PSN/Playstation.com Integration: You can be on your PC and still message people on you friends list.

* Voice Messaging: An alternative option to sending a text message on PSN. It’s quicker and easier than text when you’re in the middle of playing a game.

* Custom Soundtracks: Motor Storm Pacific Rift lets you play custom soundtracks offline but doesn’t let you online. This needs to change for other games that do this as well. Also streaming your custom soundtracks from other storage media will be appreciated. That way I can save 10 GB of music on my hard drive space on my PS3.

* In Game Chat: It is a huge pain to be in a game and not being able to chat with a friend. Sony also needs to make this feature available in the background while you’re using the XMB, listening to music, and browsing PSN store.

..and there you have it. Hopefully at least some of these features make it in the update. Only time will tell, and until then I’ll see ya on the PSN!!

I can't say that there isn't one of these I disagree with. Sony knock at least half of these out in one shot with the next update.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Firmware 3.0 Speculation   Firmware 3.0 Speculation EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 8:22 pm

So is this a wishlist or is it actually happening?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Firmware 3.0 Speculation   Firmware 3.0 Speculation EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 8:23 pm

Nevermind... just reread the title... keyword: speculation... disregard my last comment
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firmware 3.0 Speculation   Firmware 3.0 Speculation Empty

Back to top Go down

Firmware 3.0 Speculation
Page 1 of 1