[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP cont."THE YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

HELP cont."THE YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH" Empty
PostSubject: HELP cont."THE YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH"   HELP cont."THE YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH" EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 5:02 pm

Sony at it's finest is just out for the almighty(no offense) buck. not only that they also pass said buck back onto us the consumer. you see even though i read entire manual, took three hours to do so twice just to be sure i didn't miss anything, so i fully understood my newly purchased nearly thousand dollar investment to better take care of it.....i am still in the wrong. be vigilant my friends. and be very afraid the yellow light knows no color no creed no mercy. don't believe me google ps3 yellow light of death. playstations official stance on this issue is outta warranty period it's gonna be 149.00 (165.00, on the cc bill). what ticks me off that if sony is making a defective product that they officially state is only 6% defective why aren't they honoring us as valued consumers because if any of you are like myself the playstation is probably the cheapest parts of our collection... if you add all of the games that you purchased first day out at 60 plus bucks a pop... additional controllers... head sets... keyboards... tv's and surround sound systems... it's a virtual extortionists wet dream either i fork over the onefiddy get my refurbished, someone elses refurbished or a new 80 gig( ahhhh the 80 gig lottery, the only reason i opted for thier services was for the chance to get my system back or a new one) or last but not least,buy out right another brand new 80 gig for 450.00( which i did and took back in favor of the 150.00 80 gig lottery, hey saved me 300 bucks and the only inconvenience is not playing my ps3 for omg 2weeks best case scenario) the frustrating thing is if they make a defective product they should honor a warranty that's longer than a just a year( i mean knowing it's defective that is). i mean it's black mail. what do they care right??? they already got thier money from me all told about a lil over 4500 total just to sony and before you scoff count up all those games you have that aren't used and remember that they do cost over 65 dollars a piece. i mean i personally feel that sony should repair our ps3's for free just for customer satisfaction because before this happened i was going to easily blow much more than that on myself not to mention the kids this xmas season alone. it would have spoken volumns to me about consumer sovereignty( customer is king ) that i did matter to them. the way i am looking at it now is that the after this last purchase screwed themselves out of 400 dollars from this one consumer this season alone...and from all future purchases. why am i so upset??? they want to argue warranties one that costs 2.5 new games i had at least 7 on my must have list that is now blank. ef them, i did everything, right proper maintenance, placement for air flow, no expense too much for the care of that 700 dollar paper weight..... i will miss it dearly while it's away, oh yeah to top it off warhawk is stuck inside... see you in a few weeks ya'll i wish you happy gaming til then. oh yeah see you here whatelse do i have to do...lol
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: HELP cont."THE YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH"   HELP cont."THE YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH" EmptyWed Nov 26, 2008 8:51 pm

I feel ya.... and now I'm uber paranoid....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: HELP cont."THE YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH"   HELP cont."THE YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH" EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 5:11 am

BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID......
Back to top Go down
garwar
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
garwar

Post # : 239

PostSubject: Re: HELP cont."THE YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH"   HELP cont."THE YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH" EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 12:12 pm

What is this yellow light?

Standing
Garwar
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

PostSubject: Re: HELP cont."THE YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH"   HELP cont."THE YELLOW LIGHT OF DEATH" EmptyThu Nov 27, 2008 3:23 pm

The "Yellow Light of Death" is the PlayStation take on the "Red Ring of Death". When an Xbox gives out (as many of them do) you get a red ring instead of a green one. Our PS3's are only supposed to show blue, green and red lights, when your shit turns yellow, SAY A PRAYER!!! No

Now in your case Gamer, when you get the YLOD, it's a good chance it's a power supply problem. They cost as much as $50. Now it could be something else, but run this by Sony customer service.