[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yellow Light of Death

Go down 
+5
pranc2
JayGood
prboi400
GenXGamer
BME123
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BME123
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BME123

Post # : 73

Yellow Light of Death Empty
PostSubject: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 8:22 pm

What are the symtems for the Yellow Light of Death ( YLOD )
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:10 am

a definite sign is that a lite turns yeller and it stops working, finito, kaputt, etc, etc.....
there's also an other sign, 6 rapid beeps as it's shutting off once a fault is detected.
a common thread thus far is earlier models over heated very easily, they even had to audacity to imply that my PS3 failed because i turned the house's heat up so much that i burned it up......

if you feel that ur ps3 is about to crash, i have only one suggestion, back it up(copy your saved files off of the motherboard that are able to be saved because not all of them are capable of being copied), back it up and need i say????BACK IT UP!!! otherwise it's gone baby GONE........ no they cannot retrieve it from their factory after they have repaired your problem they have no concern with or about your games because they plainly state in the contract agreement that you were warned about this potential hazard.

In conclusion, keep it cool, back it up and as far as symptoms? I had no warning whatsoever so i lost all saved data, best of luck bro......
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Post # : 852

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:18 am

Overheating is the main cause Ive heard of mines been havin that problem. The ps3 was designed to shut off automatically when it overheats so therefore if your 3 ever randomly shuts off that means its probably overheating and you should let it cool off. Also mines been glitching in the graphics on some games where lines would be appearing out of the character and all over the screen, ive heard thats a sign of overheating or the cell processor is going bad.
Back to top Go down
BME123
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BME123

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:24 am

Well mines just freezes randomly in games, And i would have to hold down the power button and a couple of beeps would then follow. Would that be overheating?
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Post # : 852

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:30 am

Ya freezing can be caused by overheating and the 3 beeps after u hold the power button is normal. And wen it freezes always hold the power button to turn it off never hit the switch in the back that can also mess up your 3 and cause u to lose information.
Back to top Go down
BME123
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BME123

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 12:33 am

Yea i never do that. I always get worried thoe when that happens
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 1:41 pm

Which model do you have, and how long have you had it?

I got tired of being noid...so I recently traded mine end.

I also read that when your hard drive is giving...you will see more and more "corrupt" files when looking at them through the XMB...whether it be a picture or music. I had a few of those also. For me it was about getting rid of it...before it happened, and then having to purchase a whole new one, opposed to getting store cred for it.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
BME123
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BME123

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 2:08 pm

I have a 60 gig model.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 4:25 pm

Yep...me too. Unfortunately those are the ones with the highest percentages of YLOD. You may want to look into preparing to trade it in at game stop. They'll give you $170 for it now...you then can turn around and get the120GB or the 250 GB. You get more trade in value for the 60Gb due to the backwards compatibility.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
pranc2
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
pranc2

Post # : 553

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySun Feb 21, 2010 11:34 pm

i have had mine freeze in game and it wouldnt turn off no matter how long i held the button on the front. therefor i had to turn it off in the back but that only happened a few times. other than that my 40gb has never let me down. its really only got about 1000 hours on it and over 900 hours where on warhawk...
Back to top Go down
beachy437
Civilian
beachy437

Post # : 64

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:08 am

well im sad to say but last night my ps3 died.. ylod... i called sony and of course its going to cost $150 and i asked them if this happend alot and they said that they dont have to many problems with my kind. sooo itll be a few weeks before im up and running again until then dont forget about me lol
Back to top Go down
beachy437
Civilian
beachy437

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:10 am

oh and before it died it would freeze up alot and had a ton of network errors, turn off at times the sony rep said that those are the signs of ylod
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:27 am

Ugh that sucks... this is happening to A LOT of people I know lately. There are 6 people on FL right now with it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
pranc2
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
pranc2

Post # : 553

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:07 pm

sorry to hear that beachy..
Back to top Go down
BME123
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BME123

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:19 pm

Sorr beachy. Even though you don'y know me Razz
Back to top Go down
ckeithmcc
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
ckeithmcc

Post # : 46

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 4:11 pm

dayummm beachy.. not a good feeling huh?? shit jus goes *click* & thats a wrap... im sure glad im back in action... ... i didnt have all of those symptoms... jus a freeze here & there.. ya best bet is to do like jay did... cash in b4 its to late
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 6:02 pm

and another one gone, another one gone, ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST. which is a leading cause of over heating along with improper placement of unit in a manner that prevents the cooler air to reach it so it chokes on it' own heat.

And in case you're new, and wondering how i can be so mean about the YLOD? i believe, if i am not mistaken, that my first ps3 was the first in the clan to go belly up, don't worry beachy and it took for freekin ever to get the refurbished one....
Back to top Go down
TX11
Civilian
TX11

Post # : 112

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 1:45 am

I am on my third and had no ylod mine was blu ray failure first time and constant freezing during grand theft auto 4 the second time. Thankfully i had all my data backed up. First one lasted 13 months second one lasted 5 months one i had now has lasted since then. Everytime sony fixed it for free. this makes you lucky in a way to send it in. Sony will fix the system and change out older parts for the newer ones they have invented since launch. A refurb runs quiter then a regular 60g. Therefore it runs cooler. Also since they don't make the 60g or 20g anymore when you send yours in they fix it and send yours back to you. My friend sent his in and get his same exact one back. They don't have 60gs just laying around. So they have no choice but to fix the one you sent. This is also why the turnaround time for repairs is longer on the 60g then the slim models.
Back to top Go down
beachy437
Civilian
beachy437

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:16 am

well mine lasted about 2 or 3 years i think but its going to cost me $150 and its only going to be a 90 day warranty on the new one so that kinda sucks... man it seems like this process is taking forever im soo bored
Back to top Go down
TX11
Civilian
TX11

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:12 pm

i felt the same way like it was taking forever. Boredom really starts to sit in by the 3rd day.
Back to top Go down
ckeithmcc
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
ckeithmcc

Post # : 46

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:33 pm

@ tx11....sony fixed yours for free?.... you musta got one hella phone game.... they didnt wanna hear nothin bout mines . they wanted $150.00 ... pretty much told me to take it or leave it.
Back to top Go down
TX11
Civilian
TX11

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:19 pm

@keith Yeah the first time it was just out of warrenty so i argued that i went on the forums and read that other people were having the same problem with the blu ray drive failing to read discs. At that time you had to send everything in cables controllers promotional items. I got a new six axsis new cables and brand new system. The second time was a joke i argued with sony because grand theft auto would freeze like 30 secs into the opening movie they said call rockstar. Rockstar told me they were lieing because they knew what the problem was it was the ps3 not the game. I called sony back got a supervisor and started yelling told em i wanted a refund i was buying an xbox with the money and i was serious. I was mad because they lied. So to compensate the supervisor ordered it replaced under his name and badge and he shipped me a box with a letter of apoligy. All i had to send in at this time was the console nothing else which sucked cause i thought i was getting a knew controller again. Anyways i still have that same grand theft auto disc and it works fine on the refurb they sent me still to this day. It was more luck then phone skills cause i was swearing and yelling and saying anything i could bad about playstation. I told the guy i paid $732.00 (you know $599 launch games and controller) for a 60g piece of shit that has to be sent in again i told him at least xbox had a 3 year warrenty if it broke. after that line he offered to fix it.
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:57 am

Sadder part about it is Beachy that you not only just shelled out 150 just shy 100 dollars more for a new PS3 that could be warrantied for up to two years if purchased for only 20 dollars more however if you don't wish to pay it you can still live with the automatic 1 year warranty that you get with purchase of new ps3 and instant gratification baby, no waiting for them to receive it or waiting on FedEx's asses to slowly deliver it with it's shitty ole 90 day warranty, next time mine goes belly up it's buying brand new for me, and make sure you return that thing for any hiccups, no kidding I am on my fourth refurb'd now past it's 90 warranty.
Back to top Go down
beachy437
Civilian
beachy437

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 10:07 am

well damn that makes me feel loads better lol i was considering on buying a new one but that just seemed like alot of money. i figured that a refurb one would eventually go out probably faster then a new one. its a gamble in i dont like gambling
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 am

lol yeah i come up craps all the time when i am counting on it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death Empty

Back to top Go down

Yellow Light of Death
Page 1 of 1