[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yellow Light of Death

Go down 
+5
LTMoney21
Hells
Jake1Jeckel
JayGood
Deebo133
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Deebo133
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Deebo133

Post # : 35
Status : The best sharpshooter, so dont bring a knife to my fight

Yellow Light of Death Empty
PostSubject: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyMon Apr 26, 2010 4:57 pm

Amazingly after 2 years with the ps3.. it has hit.. the Yellow Ligh of Death.
in the middle of a game of Mw2 my ps3 shut off. when attempting to turn it on it blinked red a few times.. green then yellow,
ive searched ways of trying to fix it, but the methods are too crazy.
so i may have to either get a new ps3 or send this one to sony, again.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyTue Apr 27, 2010 8:17 am

Damn man...hate to hear that. I believe you can have a computer tech repair it also...dont know what the price difference would be though.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
Deebo133
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Deebo133

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 5:07 pm

ill look into that, but i might just go ahead and get the slim.. got good grades so theres no denying it.
Back to top Go down
Jake1Jeckel
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Jake1Jeckel

Post # : 346

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:09 am

i fell victim to the yellow death light last night. it was stormin and my power flashed and it wont come back on.
when i try to turn it on it beeps once turns green beeps three times turns yellow pauses for a sec then starts blinkin red. i have to hit the switch to turn it off.
wose part...MW2 IS TRAPPED INSIDE!!! so i can use the other ps3 but cant play mw2.
and worrior just bought it.
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:25 pm

To get a the disc out turn the power off in the back of the PS3 then press the eject button and turn the power back on in the rear while holding the eject button. That should spit the disc out.
Back to top Go down
Jake1Jeckel
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Jake1Jeckel

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:58 am

thanks but it didnt work. if i do what you said it does the same thing as if i try to turn it on
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySat May 15, 2010 1:31 pm

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=1193

Quote :

What can I do if the disc will not eject or load to the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system?
Answer ID: 1193 Product: PS3™ system-Hardware

If a disc (Blu-ray Disc™, DVD, CD) will not eject or insert from your PlayStation 3, please try the following troubleshooting steps as they may resolve the problem.
If the disc will not eject / insert

* If you have a CECH-2001A, CECH-2001B, CECH-2101A, or CECH-2101B PlayStation 3, you can manually eject a disc yourself. Click here to learn how.
* Touch the eject button on the PlayStation 3 system front for 10 seconds or longer to force the disc to eject. After removing and before reinserting a disc into the PlayStation 3, turn off the system, and then turn on the system again to resume use.
* If the disc cannot be inserted, you may need to send your system in for service, please click on the service link below.
* Under no circumstances do we recommend you open the PlayStation 3 to remove the disc yourself. Doing so will void the warranty and the PlayStation 3 may not be accepted for service. If the stuck disc is a rental, we recommend notifying the rental store that the disc is stuck.
Back to top Go down
Deebo133
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Deebo133

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyMon May 17, 2010 4:15 pm

finally i may get my slim today,
Back to top Go down
LTMoney21
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
LTMoney21

Post # : 88

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:38 pm

the exact same thing just happen to me... with MW2 trapped inside. bad enough RDR locks up my ps3 i get this shyt... Seem like i have to get a PS3 Slim
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:17 pm

Ugh man I'm sorry - soooo many people I know right now are having issues with their old PS3's....
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
LTMoney21
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
LTMoney21

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 10:48 am

OMG i open up my PS3 and there was a mosquito on my cpu,gpu and thats what cause my YLOD........so gay anyways im almost done on fixing it
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Lol..that's crazy. Are you doing this yourself? Do they have anything online for home remedies for YLOD?

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
LTMoney21
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
LTMoney21

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:43 pm

yea they do Genx told me about it.... i did what they instruct but still got YLOD i think it might just be the Power supply..still stuck on what to do either send it in or get new one.
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 4:08 pm

Wow. Glad I got my PS3 of the ground now.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 9:39 pm

It just seems like its inevitable with the Fats. It had me noid for too long, until I needed peace of mind and just got a slim.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
manny2921
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
manny2921

Post # : 218

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 5:04 pm

wow this YLOD is getting to yall but i don't care cause as soon as i see it "mom we need a new PS3!" and she say "OK get it ready for best buy" so ya gust get the warranty for it.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 7:55 pm

Yeah...but the YLOD for the Fats usually outlasts the warranty, which can range anywhere from 1-4 years, depending on what you get and where. Then it's a matter of if you have a spare $300...lying around, lol. My advice for any and all that have a PS3 FAT...trade it in, before you end up making a post like this.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
Jake1Jeckel
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Jake1Jeckel

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 4:42 am

yeah but wouldnt you have to pay difference
Back to top Go down
manny2921
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
manny2921

Post # : 218

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 5:46 am

no they give back the difference say for instance you pay $450 for your ps3 but the now price of your ps3 is $200 you get back $250 in cash no store credit Smile
Back to top Go down
Jake1Jeckel
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Jake1Jeckel

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 5:47 am

hmmm....
Back to top Go down
TX11
Civilian
TX11

Post # : 112

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 4:23 pm

I have had a fat 60gb and had other problems with it suck as blu ray drive failing not playing gta4 without skipping or freezing but i have never had the YLOD. In fact i have a buddy who has a 60gb and he has had no problems other then the blu ray drive failing identically the same as mine. I think YLOD is hit and miss. But YLOD represents "General Hardware Failure" basically saying general means it could be anything. I have another buddy who's ps3 would play for about 15mins and then shut off with YLOD. Turn it off and then back on and it would work for another 15. The problem with his was the sound was all messed up crackling and all sorts of weird noises. I will say that it does seem that the fats have this problem more then the slims. I think I have avoided it in part due to having a refurb. It has already been sent into sony and repaired for whatever reason so hopefully they fixed what ever causes the YLOD in models they repair for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Jake1Jeckel
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Jake1Jeckel

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 9:02 am

mine was one of the first 60s that came out. trab got it on base as soon as they droped. he was active duty back then. it died when the power went out recently. it was even hooked to a power strip.
till that night it never once had a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Light of Death   Yellow Light of Death Empty

Back to top Go down

Yellow Light of Death
Page 1 of 1