[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Starhawk Countdown thread....

Go down 
+18
Dok-J
manny2921
Bouwser
ckeithmcc
Jake1Jeckel
beachy437
trailside13
TonyAlmighty
GeneraLee27
TX11
BME123
prboi400
Hells
pranc2
garwar
tuffmuff
GenXGamer
JayGood
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:31 pm

This is looking like a different level of EPIC! I'm loving just about everything, especially the design of the guns, very unique, a lil different from other games. The sniper rifle looks crazy!
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Post # : 852

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:20 pm

Any pics of the guns?
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Just a good one of the new handgun on the official site. Otherwise, no detailed pics, just glances what I've seen in the vids.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:06 pm

The first game to perfect ground to air battles has finally received its official upgrade. Warhawk has created a huge following by offering a unique shooting experience. Now its sequel, StakHawk, is bursting at the seams with new modes, new weapons, and the most advance combat tactics ever seen in a shooter. After playing the game, fighting to survive in the online battle takes more than the maintenance of your kill to death ratio.

For those looking to fly the unfriendly skies, the dog flights in StarkHawk are very familiar and still extremely fun. Flying in Starhawk remains pretty much true to the original, give or take a few new weapons and control tweaks to make things feel fresh. However, jumping into a Mech and destroying everything on the ground, then transforming into a Warhawk styled jet just before you’re destroyed, can only be describe as one thing, Winning! Yes the Charlie Sheen winning. Well maybe not that winning, because that's more like losing. However, playing Starhawk is a lot like winning, the good kind.

LightBox wouldn’t detail what the rest of the flying vehicles were, but they did confirm that the Mech version of the StarHawk wasn’t the only way to fly. The official word is “we’re not talking about the other flying vehicles at this time”. The ground combat has received the greatest of changes, answering the call of those who complained about Warhawk’s overly arcade feel on the ground. Lightbox has re-adjusted how your character moves and function when he’s not in a vehicle. A slightly tighter third person camera, and some smoother animations make for a more realistic and immersive shooting experience. StarHawk features a very unique respawning system.

Instead of having you magically appear in a certain section of the map, you’re dropped from the sky in a drop pod. One of the coolest aspect of respawning from the sky, is choosing where in your base you want to land. It may not sound like a lot, but there’s a double bonus here. Respawn Dropping can only be done in areas you team currently occupies. We expect this to benefit the zone game type more than any other. If you’re struggling to hold a zone, and are in need of some help, just have a few of your teammates drop in. Be sure to have them aim their drop pods so they can crush most of the enemies coming against you.

This leads into the other part of pod dropping that adds to the fun. If you’re able to direct your landing you can pancake your enemies, sending them to their certain death. The drop of death, though very cool, isn’t easy to do, but if you can direct your drop onto some unlucky foes in the wrong place at the wrong time, it’s a priceless moment that will award you some additional rift energy, and a satisfying kill.
One other cool innovation in StakHawk is the transforming Mechs.

They are one of the more powerful weapons in the game and can be used as a great escape or to quickly rain down missile, to aid your friends in battle.

The Mech’s ability to transform changes how you use flight in Starhawk. Instead of being you’re escape to the sky’s, it’s now the feared beast on the ground. Flight in Starhawk felt very familiar, and maintains the same formula made popular by Warhawk. The strengths of the hawks are balanced by the cost of rift energy, and the cost to make more powerful vehicles. One weakness inherent to the Mech’s in StarHawk is the fact that the operator is exposed when using the vehicle in Mech form. If you’re a good sniper, one shoot could end the destructive reign of any user exploiting the power of the Mechs. StarHawk features a number of new changes that effect balance, many of which we’ve yet to get the complete spec’s on.

We did however, weasel a few additional morsels of info on StarHawk. Through some creative questioning one developer did confirm that the hawks are not the only flying vehicles available in the game. What the other flying vehicles are, is still mystery, but space ships do quality as other ways to fly, though from what were told, are not the full extent of how you will fly in the game. We will have more on Starhawk in the coming months. Currently StarHawk is set for a 2012 release date. Stay tuned for our complete interview with StarHawks producer, Harvard Bonin, in the coming weeks.

http://www.thegameheadz.com/games/playstation3/starhawk/tabid/852/vw/1/itemid/1319/starhawk-new-flying-vehicles.aspx

SMFH, just keeps getting better ad better! SO much thinking and strategy is going to go into EVERY facet of this game. The pods add another new innovation to spawning, like damn, you can steal a kill off a well placed spawn drop, SMH. And being able to snipe mechs will balance out their dominance on the ground.
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 pm

Good info keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 11:51 pm

Man I really wish all yall were on Facebook to vote. There's a vote right now on Player Ranked Servers....and it's not looking too good. I hope they dont go solely off this...

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
Bouwser
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Bouwser

Post # : 173

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 8:11 am

yo
hope they try to keep the online part the same or the menu the same but clean it up, i just find that WH is the best for getting a match, simple to use, easy to hook up with team mates. hope to get on the beta list, have not being play sony much lately, it work time for me but i'll be ready for SH. Hater Hurter

Work-Play-Game (Mvmt) ROCK ON
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 10:31 pm

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
BUDDAH2521
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BUDDAH2521

Post # : 157

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:20 pm

the build and battle is going to be beast and the new hawks are outstanding cant wait to get it.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:40 pm

SMMFH, this looks crazy. Some OTHER, shit. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
BUDDAH2521
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BUDDAH2521

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:00 am

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 6:10 pm

The dogfights look crazy and looks like they fixed backwards flying Ownage
Back to top Go down
BUDDAH2521
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BUDDAH2521

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 6:44 pm

we wont know till we get and im pretty sure if they did fix it noobs will figure something else out that makes us all mad know what i mean.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 2:32 am

Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 335282003Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 335280806
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 03, 2011 11:56 am

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 26740011

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 26050511

I love how the new jetbike resembles a horse.
Back to top Go down
BUDDAH2521
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BUDDAH2521

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 7:49 pm

now those are freaking sweet. Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 844314
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:55 am

Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:17 am

Hey guys, there's LOTS of SH info out there, Lightbox is being very forthcoming about things so far. One thing you can say is that SH is a very complicated game (in a good way), so even though they haven't shown everything yet, there's LOTS of info as to where they're at with the current build, and where things will go in the future. I'm gonna be updating some info Jay and I have seen in the next couple of days.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:36 am

Okay, Lightbox has said that there will be a new vehicle reveal for August (and space battle also!). Starhawk Radio has gotten a shot of what looks to be the new tank/APC, and it looks ILL.

http://starhawkradio.com/blogs/2011/07/18/breaking-news-possible-new-vehicle-sighted

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 APCvsTank-e1311045003601

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 APCvsTank-1

Now if they DID indeed combine the tank and school bus into one vehicle, then I'm all for it. We have the 4x4 which can carry up to 3, the jet bike which is a solo vehicle, and then we have the Hawks which fit one, but transform into mechs. So a tank that can hold more soldiers makes more sense than having a tank with limited soldier capacity, or an APC that only has ram as it's offense. Again, this is all speculation for right now.

GREAT interviews with Sony Producer, Harvard Bonin. Right now, there's LOTS of little details that're still being worked out gameplay wise. So these are MUST-READS, to what direction things are going in.

http://starhawkradio.com/blogs/2011/07/18/starhawkradio-exclusive-interview-with-starhawk-producer-pt-1

http://starhawkradio.com/blogs/2011/07/23/starhawkradio-exclusive-interview-with-sony-producer-for-starhawk-pt-2

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 Outcastsideshot-1
The Outcast are NO JOKE!

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 Riftregpic-1
MP soldier.

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 Scrapper-1
Outcast Skrapper!

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 Grinder
THE GRINDER!!

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 Outcastsniperlaser-1
The laser isn't present on no-scopes.

31 Fun Starhawk Facts

http://starhawkradio.com/blogs/2011/07/16/31-fun-starhawk-facts

Starhawk Fact: The rift goes directly to the person who made the kill
Starhawk Fact: No you can’t currently transfer rift from one player to another (subject to change)
Starhawk Fact: If there is already a Hawk pad present, you can order a hawk for less rift.
Starhawk Fact: No you can’t crush yourself or teammates with the dropping buildings but you CAN crush enemies!
Starhawk Fact: Yes there will be harder levels of difficulty available than the one you see Harvard Bonin playing in the interviews.
Starhawk Fact: Yes you get XP for playing the single player campaign.
Starhawk Fact: Yes the single player will be diverse with 4×4 levels and spacebattle levels.
Starhawk Fact: Yes there is a Co-Op level for up to 4 which is separate from both the single player and the multiplayer.
Starhawk Fact: You will love the next vehicle reveal.
Starhawk Fact: No all the outcasts don’t look the same… silly. LOL There are different classes of Outcasts.
Starhawk Fact: No. All the maps are not dark. There are multiple environments yet to be seen.
Starhawk Fact: Yes…there is a new GPS system type map in the bottom left hand corner.
Starhawk Fact: the flags are not as heavy as the gold in “Plunder”.
Starhawk Fact: No the Mech cannot sprint! …it is still Bad-ass. If you don’t believe me, go up to one and tease him that he can’t sprint
Starhawk Fact: Yes, the passenger of the Jeep will be able to fire his weapons.
Starhawk Fact: The characters have automatic health regeneration with time
Starhawk Fact: It will not take as long to reach maximum rank in Starhawk
Starhawk Fact: The characters will have more customizations than Warhawk
Starhawk Fact: All vehicles will be customizable
Starhawk Fact: The hover-bike is currently named the “Jetbike” and it seats one. It’s super fast.
Starhawk Fact: Christopher Lennertz is a bad-ass and the composer from Warhawk who has also done a brilliant job with the music for Starhawk
Starhawk Fact: The voice of Emmett Graves is done by Khary Payton, the voice of Cyborg from Teen Titans & a character in MGS4
Starhawk Fact: Emmett Graves is a bad-ass…but a good bad-ass!
Starhawk Fact:The matchmaking system has a secret algorithm to help make matching fun.
Starhawk Fact: Backwards Lock on has been eliminated.
Starhawk Fact: There will still be 2 flight modes. Normal and Pro.
Starhawk Fact: There will be a tank equivalent in the game.
Starhawk Fact: No you can’t currently jump in and control the enemies turrets.
Starhawk Fact: No you won’t be able to cross dress as a lady! Well at least your friends will not be able to see it in the game. LOL
Starhawk Fact: There is no fatigue on sprint (R2). You can run forever!
Starhawk Fact: No-scoping will still be in the game!

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 Outcastsniper

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 Emmettwhitesands

ILL! I'll post more stuff later.
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 9:13 pm

Nice post
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:30 pm

GeneraLee27 wrote:
Nice post

Yes in deed... Drink up

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:56 pm

That pic I was talkin about on DJ's twitter....
Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 35844610
"My new favorite #Starhawk Build&Battle defense setup! [2xBeam,1xWall,1xGate - Linked]"

From the looks of this there may be more combinations that I thought.
Back to top Go down
BUDDAH2521
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BUDDAH2521

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:50 am

it looks like something like the new turretts.
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 10:17 pm

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 Screen003Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 Screen002Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 Screen001
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Starhawk Countdown thread....
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next