[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Starhawk Countdown thread....

Go down 
+18
Dok-J
manny2921
Bouwser
ckeithmcc
Jake1Jeckel
beachy437
trailside13
TonyAlmighty
GeneraLee27
TX11
BME123
prboi400
Hells
pranc2
garwar
tuffmuff
GenXGamer
JayGood
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... Empty
PostSubject: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Quote :
Starhawk’ Entering Next Phase
Chris C [cc_star]
Community Manager
Monday, September 21, 2009 / 15:00

As we mentioned earlier in the year the team behind PS3 exclusive Warhawk are hard at work on a new project, thought to its sequel, Warhawk is probably my favourite game of all time. Around the same time these rumours leaked Sony trademarked ‘Starhawk’ so it probably doesn’t take a genius to work out that is the project which the new team at Lightbox Interactive are working on. I’m an avid follower on Twitter of Dylan Jobe the Studio Director over at Lightbox and am forever in hope that he’ll make a schoolboy error and let something slip, but unfortunately for me he hasn’t slipped up yet releasing any details at all on the project.

What he has said throughout this early development process is that he’s been meeting regular deadlines for milestone builds to present to Sony’s Santa Monica studios, but last night the team appear to have reached a key point in ‘Starhawks’ early development as he Tweeted “Getting my thoughts in order for next week — Another milestone. It’s really great to see it take shape! But I think the most exciting thing is that we’re going to be starting our focused, internal playtests very soon!! I call them “Hate-Sessions”. It’s when everyone in the studio plays the game and gets to bash on the stuff they don’t like, and we only say the stuff we don’t like. I don’t care about what we’re doing well, only about fixing the bad systems or interactions. I know it may seem odd and overly simple but it works for us.”

Although there’s not too much substantial to go on, I’m practically the most excited person in the world for any news whatsoever on the sequel and am pleased to hear it reach a stage where they can internally play it – rip it to pieces and improve on what they’ve done so far. Once this phase is out the way I’m hoping they let a screenie or even a movie leak and then on to closed beta testing where I hope my ridiculous amount of hours spent in Warhawk don’t go unnoticed, please!

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/09/21/starhawk-entering-next-phase/

bounce bounce bounce

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 8:21 pm

by the time it comes out it'll be a better late than never feeling.......
Or maybe not. i sure hope they get all those stat padding glitches outta there so ppl can earn their ranks rather than cheat their way to general. (why i liked mvmt to begin with, no padders here)
however i would like to see it drop before the PS4 is released. how long does it take, approximately, from internal testing to releasing these games? i mean does anyone have an idea?
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 11:10 pm

i have no clue... i'm excited about it but i'm also not holding my breath... there are so many games out there right now that i want to play and can't get to... so im in no rush... i just hope its as awesome as Warhawk
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
garwar
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
garwar

Post # : 239

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 8:43 pm

I think that it will be cool to be in a spacefight.

Standing

Garwar
Back to top Go down
pranc2
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
pranc2

Post # : 553

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptySun Oct 04, 2009 10:22 pm

cant wait..

and genx...someone told me that it takes about 2 years to develop a new game or one of that size... i.e. mag has been talked about for two years and still hasnt came out..
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyMon Oct 05, 2009 2:49 am

Like I said before, we'll be lucky if we see anything on this game by the holiday season of 2010. Hopefully it'll be sooner than that though and hopefully it will be more than what everyone expects.
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyTue Oct 06, 2009 6:32 pm

I don't know me personally, i have really high hopes for this one. and i believe you're correct there pranc that it takes 18 to two years( i know you said one to two) from in house trials to actual release. I believe the studio's investing alot into this (which is why i gave it such a long lag time form testing to production) being one of their first BIG endeavors since breaking with incognito, i mean Warhawk IMO was a sleeper hit for PS3 for all the lack of advertising and whatnot. i only picked it up cause it looked to be the most interesting game out at the time that i didn't already have.....and i am with hells in hoping that it's gonna be more than everyone expects.....
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Post # : 852

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 4:07 am

Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 2:21 pm

Good find...

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 2:27 pm

i agree with jay pr, quite a good find....
Back to top Go down
BME123
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BME123

Post # : 73

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 6:14 pm

Been over 2 months since this was posted... Still waiting Wink
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyThu Dec 31, 2009 12:02 am

We're still waiting...but for some reason they're staying tight lipped about it. I wonder if they are faced with legal hurdles. I'd imagine we'll probably hear something again in Q1.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 4:37 am

ok first of all it's only been only a lil over a month since the last post and believe me mate we've been waiting alot longer than anyone else can imagine, a small portion of this clan came in on games other than Warhawk. this is a Warhawk clan and we cannot wait til the second installment comes out. we put it out as soon as we sniff it out.....
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:57 am

they need to come on with it... the anticipation is brutal
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 7:57 pm

The longer they dangle that carrot the more we will buy, it's still a very popular game being played constantly to this over two year mark since it came out, KZ2 wishes they had that kind of devotion. I mean even though i am using MW2 as a crutch to pull away from WH, i would say about 80 percent of my online friends are still playing it daily, and not just you Pranc lol
Back to top Go down
TX11
Civilian
TX11

Post # : 112

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:04 pm

I am very excited for any news as well about starhawk. But i also want a game that is right when it first comes out i would rather wait 2-3 years for a game and have it be worth my time and money instead of a joke. With that all the time and friends i have meant on warhawk were worth it but a lot of the issues with warhawk have since ruined it for me i can't play the game for much over an hour now and i am soo pissed off i want to smash it. Some players are complete rascist jerks and cheaters. I don't even know why Sony has a usage policy for psn because they don't follow it. I have meant several players who use the game to prop their ego. These are the players that ruin the game for me. Do what they want instead of work with the team. Think they are WARHAWK LEGENDS and i don't even want to get into the glitchers. There is nothing more that ruins a game for me then some asshole under the map or inside the walls killing people and then when the game ends they talk shit about how good their KDR is. I could care less about some lame dumbass who creates a room and Pads his way to general. rank on this game don't mean shit. Just a target on your head. I think Jay has addressed this target issue before. People kill you and then talk shit.
Starhawk needs to do everything right that warhawk failed on or it is just another warhawk game only with a space theme. I have spent more time on warhawk then any other game in my life. ANd i don't regret any of it. But i will say the early months of warhawk were the best you could actually run from one side of the map to the other without some a hole in a warhawk killing you because he is scared of your pistol. I have always said that warhawk is a game that is almost 100% relient on its community. And in the last 6 months that community has changed drastically. The officail forums are nothing but an area for people to help balloon their egos. I still love the game and its elements but for the most part the community of warhawk is in a downward spiral. People don't play fair. I was in a game the other night and it was ctf my team started losing so people all quit. Before 5 mins into the game it was me and 2 others getting raped by 7 warhawks and 2 others in tanks in our homebase. Not one of them players switched over to help us. They scored one flag and dragged the game out for the full 30 mins. I have never had a game this unfair before. I would have quit but i am not one who does. So i stuck it out. This is the shit that needs to be addressed in starhawk. A better balance of players on each team. And if people quit do like uncharted 2 does penalize em 40,000 points i bet they wouldn't quit. Poeple always cry foul when a system like this is put in place but how many of us here quit games not anyone i can think of. All I can hope is that Starhawk keeps the same gameplay mechanics but puts a lot more polish on team balancing and glitching. Warhawk will always be my favorite game and it is because of people like those in the mvmt that have put some kind of sportsmanship and fun into every game the play.
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 6:16 pm

I agree with you 100% man well said.
Back to top Go down
BME123
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BME123

Post # : 73

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 8:40 pm

JayGood wrote:
We're still waiting...but for some reason they're staying tight lipped about it. I wonder if they are faced with legal hurdles. I'd imagine we'll probably hear something again in Q1.

~Goodz~

Idk man but On dylan Jobes Twitter says that he would love to tell us some info about it but Sony is making them Say Quite.

Man it would be hilarious if the new game dylan Jobe is making as nothing to do with Warhawk xD
Back to top Go down
TX11
Civilian
TX11

Post # : 112

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:23 pm

Thanks PR
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:13 am

Helluva post T-X. Since they're taking their time...I just hope they've learned from WH, and truly come up with a strategy to limit the flaws and make it difficult for the frauds. There's also bits and pieces they can take from other online game modes to make it even better such as Fat Princess...with the Vote off option, and bots.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
pranc2
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
pranc2

Post # : 553

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 12:35 am

yeah tx i never quit in those games either. its nice when you can work around and get the best of them bastards one time even if all you get is a crappy kdr. i hate it when ppl do that but love it when they dont say anything cuz they knew it was 2 on 6 and you still got them a few times. warhawk is still my game for almost two years running but jay is right there are somethings they could do better but that is only because of what we already knew.

props on the message TX
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:22 pm

Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 3:13 pm

No
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm

If they're going for a MAG type game I'm not buying it. MAG sucks.

I hope they don't change it up so much that it gets away from all the reasons that Warhawk is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:10 pm

I think they got lucky making Warhawk as good as it is. If you think about it, is there any other game that has had the life span that Warhawk has? Every other new game coming out gets old real fast. More than likely they're gonna screw it all up and make another rental-only worthy game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Starhawk Countdown thread....   Official Starhawk Countdown thread.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Starhawk Countdown thread....
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next