[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damn DNS error.

Go down 
+5
bignasty-que
Worrior_60_Jav
tuffmuff
prboi400
JayGood
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

Damn DNS error. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 8:37 am

GenXGamer wrote:

As far as Tuff's prob all she can do is find her telephone connection box and see if it's wet inside, know a bit about that and it does happen. nothing special about the fix. use a blowdryer to dry it out, or rag wipe(careful, when your phone rings the system sends 90 volts to ring your house phone when you get a call) allow to dry, check for lose connections, easy to spot, retighten, will need either a flathead screwdriver or 3/8 speedwrench, once tightened....apply silicon around the edges of the box before you close it. and service complete..... hopefully this helped, beats waiting several days to be told you were crazy and now owe us money for the frivolous service call

thank you gamer... i will attempt this...

was planning on switching service anyway but this might help in the meantime cuz the connection completely died last night so I have no internet at home... so no warhawk for me til i figure it out
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
bignasty-que
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
bignasty-que

Post # : 284

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyTue May 26, 2009 4:43 pm

FIBER OPT's is where its at....
i got it for phone, i.net, and cable.... very very clear!
i use to have connectivity problems.. . but not anymore!!!

verizon Fiber OPT's!!!
however, its not in every area!
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:24 pm

alrighty so my new internet is hooked up and is working nicely... I can now hold 20 peeps in a server...

unfortunately I won't be on much to enjoy it LOL

You'll see me sporadically over the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Post # : 852

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:05 pm

tuffmuff wrote:
alrighty so my new internet is hooked up and is working nicely... I can now hold 20 peeps in a server...

unfortunately I won't be on much to enjoy it LOL

You'll see me sporadically over the next couple of weeks.

u switched to Comcast?
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 11:11 pm

Yep. AT&T was dicking around about coming out to fix my "wet lines"... so I called em and told em not to worry about it just cancel the service LOL

The connection, so far, is so much nicer.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:26 am

I don't understand...Comcast is pretty much Time Warner...same thing. I have Road Runner Turbo Boost, and can only hold 16. When I had Comcast, could only hold 16???

I'm so ready to leave and get a crib and get fios. Mad

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:39 am

I got Comcast Blast... they said it was perfect for gaming? So I'm not sure. It's expensive though... a lot more than AT&T.
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 7:43 pm

LOL poor muff, of coarse they're gonna say that silly goose. yeah our ISP's are crappy, doesn't really motivate a buyer....however you can do what i did, like Jay i was about to switch over to fios. but changed my mind when those DNS numbers came out and got online and read some reviews about them, they had just as much complaints against them as TW. Only bring this up as a point that you don't have to take their word for it you can read the reviews at google, i specifically looked up TimeWarner complaints, yada yada yada. you get the point.

one last thing about the wet wire thing.... before i forget again that is.... most of the time they won't solve any issues inside your walls for free.....meaning if there is any validity to that claim that you have some form of short in your wires either due to water or erosion of any kind they will, like i said most of the time charge ya for it..... this is easy to troubleshoot as far as do you have a static or buzzing while you're on the phone is a good indication that there is a problem. sometimes it could be that your phone box isn't or has lost it' ground inside the box.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:03 am

<-- is a girl and isn't really trying to mess with any wires....

Jay I read that with cable internet sometime your connection speed is determined by how many people have cable in your area?? Not sure if there's any truth to this.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:46 am

I also read something about opening up ports to increase speed like for hosting, but I don't know how true that is. That's when it starts getting too tech for me.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 10:47 am

Yeah I don't know. It all makes my head hurt... wires and rain and ports....
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:08 am

Hey anyone know of any wireless internet options for the PS3???
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:38 am

If you're playing online...I would recommend you staying wired. 99% of the people I know that are wireless..have a problem staying online, and have numerous problems with network errors.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 12:42 pm

I was trying to think of a way to get online at these people's house where I'm staying. Since they live in the dark ages and have neither a TV nor the internet. I have to bring my 22in flat screen and my ps3 with me just to watch movies and play games. Crazy eh?
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 3:08 pm

i'm wireless
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 3:21 pm

No TV? No Internet?

Damn DNS error. - Page 2 Funny_Fail_Posters_5

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 3:23 pm

LMMFAO
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 5:01 pm

serious fail
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 5:56 pm

Damn jay it ain't her fault....

and the ports thing doesn't really work unfortunately but if anyone wants them it got not only the numbers but if you happen to have a linksys router i can help ya out quite abit...

and back to that other thing about having alot of people around you with cable, i think it's very much true...for instance one of my son's friends parents who happens to have a ps3 with the exact same TW internet phone/cable/packet that i do can host 32 player games.... is that nuts or what??? the difference being that the population where i am is much more dense than where he lives....TW says officially that there isn't any difference however unofficially i got one of their troubleshooters to almost possibly agree to my assumption, but he could neither confirm nor deny it, yet he agreed with my theory or stated that it was plausible.....
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 6:20 pm

TW told me over a year ago they was going to have a stronger package than the RW Turbo Boost come out..

I'm still waiting.... hmmm

The port thing always sounded suspect to me...it's all about your upload/download speed.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 8:07 pm

actually according to PSN the ports you're opening are on your router and they supposedly loosen your router's firewall to allow full streaming through the net.....

Do you live in apt's, condo's????

if in a house it might actually help....like i said i think my number of neighbors are what limits my bandwidth abilities.....you know the whole bottlenecking aspects from old school interneting ifn's that's a word....
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:05 am

Hmmmm.....I stay in an apt.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 2:57 pm

Then you have TWs upgraded package huh? that's what allows you to have the amount in your rooms that you have, see though you gotta pay for that priority service, your bottleneck isn't as congested, however if everyone around you decided to upgrade their service along with ya you would notice a drop in quality, Cause as far as i know everyone around me has TW. with a few satellite exceptions i think if you add everyone in my area up just the nine surrounding blocks mind you cause that's what cable does bring it into an area on one line, if you were to divide that one line into a thousand house holds, this is just the 9 blocks surrounding me mind you, the service is degraded, now multiply that by another 12 neighborhood blocks to one side and 14 blocks that aren't apart of apt row just residential homes, it's even more degraded. but not so much so that you can complain about it because it's within specs for what your home is supposed to get, ergo you ain't got nuttin' to complain about as far as TW's concerned. Like i said before somewhere i am sure, it was great before everyone got onto TW's service plan, we were like one of the first ppl in the neighborhood to get the all in one package and have noticed quality dropping off here recently over the past two years as everyone else is signing up due to the conversion to digital broadcasting.... sorry i know that i am long winded but like you i don't wish to be misunderstood as far as getting a point across so type on brother .... type on
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 9:56 am

This is the Posting Jake........
Back to top Go down
Jake1Jeckel
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Jake1Jeckel

Post # : 346

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:13 am

i dont know about yall but i have cox internet and i live in a house in a neighborhood and i have thier smallest package. (1gig) I could upgrade to 3 or higher but 3 is double what i pay and up is even higher....i live in the ghetto.....im poor.....i work at pizza hut....nough said.....retard on his way to my house now at 4am.......ive been doin his wife.....gotta go....true story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn DNS error.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next