[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Damn DNS error.

Go down 
+5
bignasty-que
Worrior_60_Jav
tuffmuff
prboi400
JayGood
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyWed May 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Ok...I've been dealing with this since last week. Sometimes when I get text chat invitations or even try to start one...I get this message. I also noticed last week, when we had a battle...it's now starting to effect me logging on to the network.

When I immediately log on, it can't sign me in, and I get this message that says...

"An error has occurred during communication with the server. This is a DNS error. (80710102).

I've googled this and haven't gotten much help.

What I've been doing is going back through my network settings, and manually inputing my DNS number. Normally when I get this error, and try to run a test connection, it always says fail. Same thing when I go through the network settings. I have to keep repeatedly try to log on, and it eventually lets me in. The same log in error, is the error I get at times for the chat.

Anyone else had this problem, and know how to resolve it for good? It just started as of the last 2 weeks...up until then, everything was fine. Mad

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Post # : 852

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyWed May 13, 2009 4:58 pm

Same here Ive been getting those all week except mine says Network error but its been happening to my computer too so I think its my internet provider AT&T sucks
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyWed May 13, 2009 6:16 pm

I've never received those errors and have no idea how you would resolve it. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
Worrior_60_Jav
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt

Post # : 60

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:29 pm

it happened to me awhile back think is just the warhawk servers itself
Back to top Go down
bignasty-que
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
bignasty-que

Post # : 284

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyWed May 13, 2009 7:30 pm

YEAH.....I USE TO GET THOSE ALL THE TIME... WOULD KEEP ME OFF THE PS3 THE WHOLE EVENING...

I JUST KEPT RESET.N MY MODEM!!
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyFri May 15, 2009 7:27 pm

LOL now ya'll know....
now ya'll know.....well with the exception of muff there that is....don't worry hun it's coming for you...soooon
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyFri May 15, 2009 7:28 pm

I GOT THE CURSE TOO!
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyFri May 15, 2009 7:30 pm

btw mine just won't log in takes forever and freezes up to where i cannot circle back out of whatever it's logged into to or trying to do at the time. have found this problem popping up while logging in, checking psn buddy messages and trying to access chat texting, so no i wasn't being rude am quite sociable, however was so happy to just be online didn't want to mess it up....
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyFri May 15, 2009 7:30 pm

poor poor lee you got the psn swine flu
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyFri May 15, 2009 10:09 pm

NOoooooooOOOoooo mine has been fine. I want it to stay that way. Don't curse me Gamer! LOL
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyFri May 15, 2009 10:10 pm

GeneraLee27 wrote:
I GOT THE CURSE TOO!

The DNS flu....coming soon to a PS3 near you.

They gotta fixed this shit. I logged on before I left out of town today. Got kicked off line first with the usual....network error. Surprisngly was able to log back in. Responded to a few messages, kicked off again. This time...guess who came into town? SON OF A .....I just turned it off and wasn't even going to fool with it. Mad

Heads have got to roll at Sony for this one. Drink up

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptySat May 16, 2009 12:19 am

oh yeah btw ps3 forum posts have alot of discontented ppl yammering on about the latest ps3 update saying it crashed alot of 60gig old school like the one i started with.....they have it rougher than what we're experiencing...thier's were running the gambit from freezing up altogether and dying....ps3's dumping all game played info....yellow lite of death....so forth and so on. should go and read it....i can't claim that, mine was buggin' long before that update....
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyFri May 22, 2009 10:11 am

I finally found that one post, out of millions of posts and remedies that appears to have fixed the problem. A guy said that he noticed that the problem existed with many people that were using RoadRunner high speed internet...that's me, so my antennas raised. There's another set of DNS #'s you can use that clears the problem. I tried it, and it immediately let me on.

I heard it works for anyone that has had this problem though...Road Runner or not. I'll post the DNS number later when I get home.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyFri May 22, 2009 6:04 pm

lol just sent those to ya...for those that need them they are
Primary DNS 208.67.222.222
Secondary DNS 208.67.220.220
and don't thank me someone else posted these on PSN forums....under PSN heading
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyFri May 22, 2009 7:44 pm

you enter these numbers where?
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyFri May 22, 2009 8:52 pm

Network Settings

Go manual

by pass everything (press right)

When you get to DNS

enter that info he gave. You'll be good to go...

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptySat May 23, 2009 12:02 am

What do these numbers do? Is this the secret code to winning the lottery? Or does it uncover who killed JFK?

I must know...

<-- a little hyper....

no but really... what do the numbers achieve????
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyMon May 25, 2009 1:04 pm

I put the numbers in but Ive still been getting errors like every hour.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyMon May 25, 2009 4:10 pm

the errors are really annoying
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyMon May 25, 2009 4:36 pm

prboi400 wrote:
I put the numbers in but Ive still been getting errors like every hour.

Is it while you're logged on playing, or at the home screen?

I havent had any problems since I got the new numbers. Now I do nitice, when I'm at the PSN Cross media bar...after mins. it logs me out automaticaly.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyMon May 25, 2009 5:34 pm

It happens almost every hour when Im playing and at the home screen I think its my cheap AT&T internet cause it never used to happen like this when I hade Comcast.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyMon May 25, 2009 10:45 pm

<--also thinks my problem is with AT&T. Ever since they came up with this "there's water getting to your lines" crap I've had issues...

I'll be looking to switch providers ASAP

Never was really happy with AT&T to begin with. Its just a pain dealing with disconnecting and connecting service.

Ugh.
Back to top Go down
trailside13
Civilian
trailside13

Post # : 819

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyMon May 25, 2009 11:04 pm

Well I have AT&T and I have no problems with my connection during storms or whatever. So you can't really blame them for it maybe your just lazy and not checking yourself muff. hmmm lol j/k muff j/k.
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyMon May 25, 2009 11:22 pm

W/ Comcast I could host 24 and I never got network errors but now with AT&T I only can host 8 and I get errors all the time especially when it rains.
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. EmptyTue May 26, 2009 12:37 am

LOL no provider will ever EVER place the blame on their own networking sources. I personally think that TW's issues were solved inhouse and rather than admitting fault it was unofficially leaked to us at PSN forums, when i told my boy at SCEA Corp HQ he didn't even know that a fix, the new DSN addresses, were available.....

Point being that my foot was soo far up TW's/Linksys-Cisco/PS3 I knew what the weather was like on a daily basis where they lived.... I now know way more about ethernet/ISP than i ever wanted to know......and all i could walk away that whole experience was nobody will take the blame for what's wrong with your inability to get online.

As far as Tuff's prob all she can do is find her telephone connection box and see if it's wet inside, know a bit about that and it does happen. nothing special about the fix. use a blowdryer to dry it out, or rag wipe(careful, when your phone rings the system sends 90 volts to ring your house phone when you get a call) allow to dry, check for lose connections, easy to spot, retighten, will need either a flathead screwdriver or 3/8 speedwrench, once tightened....apply silicon around the edges of the box before you close it. and service complete..... hopefully this helped, beats waiting several days to be told you were crazy and now owe us money for the frivolous service call
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Damn DNS error. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Damn DNS error.   Damn DNS error. Empty

Back to top Go down

Damn DNS error.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next