[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PlayStation Home Open-Beta

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

PlayStation Home Open-Beta Empty
PostSubject: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 10:53 am

Well well, lady and gentlemen, it looks like Sony wasn't bullshitting after all...

PlayStation Home Open-Beta 16135497-16135499-large
"...THE OFFICIAL PLAYSTATION HOME OPEN-BETA OFFICIALLY LANCHES TOMMOROW ON DECEMBER 11, 2008!!!"

The Home icon should simply appear under the PSN section of the XMB after a system reboot. As for what content you can expect to see once the open beta begins, there'll be plenty more than in the current closed beta, with more coming soon.

The Far Cry 2 game space will make a return and new content, such as clothing from Diesel, furniture from Ligne Roset and the Red Bull Air Race space will appear. Game spaces for Uncharted, Warhawk and SOCOM will follow "very soon." Watchmen movie content has also been announced via the press release, including "an exclusive video greeting from Watchmen Director Zack Snyder as well as the latest Watchmen trailer. A selection of virtual Watchmen merchandise e.g. T-Shirts with the smiley face logo, Doomsday clocks and character statues, will also be available in the New Year, ahead of an exclusive Q & A event where cast and filmmakers will meet selected press and competition winners fans within the Watchmen themed environment."

From the PS3 Media Day in London:

“Speaking of events, we were shown the Events space, which has been around for a while now, reskinned for one of three upcoming events, which Sony promised us will be "coming shortly". The event demonstrated was a PSP-3000 treasure hunt, which asks Home users (Homers?) to find eight hidden numbers, strategically placed around the Events space. These numbers are plugged into an in-Home website and enter you into a prize draw for a real life PSP-3000!!! Shocked

Two other events were mentioned, including a "design your own T-shirt" event, with the winner's design being made available for sale in the Home shopping centre. There will also be a "MotorStorm VIP" event, with some sort of developer interaction. These events look like great fun and, if they happen regularly, could be reason enough to come back into Home every so often.

Red Bull has recently been revealed as the first third-party partner to have their own Home environment. This Red Bull Air Race space was available to play with and includes a 3D plane-flying minigame. Players race through a set of rings in the fastest time possible. Times will then be placed on a universal Home leaderboard, allowing you to see how rank against your friends. Seeing full 3D minigames like this inside Home makes the service's potential a lot more exciting than we previously thought.”

That's it as far as content that was shown, but we were promised that there's more waiting in the wings from third parties, many of which they couldn't talk about thanks to contracts being in various stages of completion. Partners that were confirmed include Sega, Activision, Midway, Atari, Eidos, Ubisoft, EA Sports, Diesel and Audi. Shocked

A lot of interesting tid bits were also revealed. The Trophy room, long assumed dead, has been placed on hold. Though Daniel Hill did assure us that 3D Trophies would happen in the future. Speaking of Trophies, it has been confirmed that Home will be able to read what Trophies you have and unlock content appropriately. Not only that, but Home will also be able to dish out its own Trophies, though there is no indication how those will work.

It's possible for future games to have this functionality built in, so that when you acquire a Trophy a message will pop up telling you what you've unlocked in Home. There's also the potential for in-game menus, taking you straight to a game's Home space. It seems that integrating the entire PS3 platform in this way is a large aspect of Home.

There are hopes to develop further PSN Store integration, such as being able to download a game's demo or downloadable content simply by approaching an in-Home advertisement. Cross-game invites are possible by pulling people through Home, thanks to the party system, though it won't be available immediately.

Other updates, like bigger clubs, cross-Home game launching and extended profiles, are already planned. This interesting content should start to drop immediately, with more coming fairly regularly. If that happens, Home could definitely be a worthwhile addition to the PS3's feature list. drunken
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 11:19 am

PlayStation Home Open-Beta Barack-obama-speech

"To the people of America....the time has finally come."

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 11:48 am

PlayStation Home Open-Beta 85477711

You got the clubhouse marinated my dude?
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:06 pm

Hopefully there's more options for the Club house...I put some furniture in there, but I saw an option on there that was faded out for multiple clubhouses.

I think they may have to be purchased in the mall, where you purchase real estate. Last week you got a free summer house...but the way it looks with the fire place...it looks more like a lake house for the winter. Nice concept though.

I also saw on the official board..there were numerous complaints about racism. Most of the complaints where coming from people that had an avatar of not their race/nationality. To no surprise...home will have it's fair share of idiots also.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:41 pm

Oh that's gonna happen, Home is the closest we've come to matching a PC MMO. My boys are PC players and hear and see all types of racism, sexism and anything else politically incorrect you can think of. With something of this scale were gonna encounter that now too. No

PlayStation Home Open-Beta Arresting-chingo-bling
When you see assholes like those, you report them and get them banned!!
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:57 pm

Yeah it's inevitable...

That looks like Chingo Bling.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:28 pm

Yeah that's your man, they put him down for wearing those boots. So that's what ya'll boys is rocking to the dude ranch down there my dude???

PlayStation Home Open-Beta Chingo-Boots

PlayStation Home Open-Beta Cblingboots
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:49 pm

That looks staged the more I look at it...the law man is smiling. WTF?

Nobody dresses like that. He does it as a gimmick...especially since he's a gimmick rapper.

But Bling, with his style is like a mixtue of a Mojo (Mexican Cowboy)..and an Esse (street..hood)..which gets you the fit he wears.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Post # : 852

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:20 pm

I need an invite to the club.
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:27 pm

yeah unfortunately not everyone can be as enlightened as my fellow blue states but equally bad is the fact that we also have our own racist pricks out here as well, Our own share of fashion victims as well, but i digress....why can't it be like that one song by take 6? "spread love, instead of spreadin' lies..." oh well guess it figures that home now is out now that i am awaiting the ups man's knock on the front door any minute, from now until, oh i don't know 8 hours from now..... see you soon
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:31 pm

I'm re-sending out invites when we go live tomorrow....

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:34 pm

GenXGamer wrote:
yeah unfortunately not everyone can be as enlightened as my fellow blue states but equally bad is the fact that we also have our own racist pricks out here as well, Our own share of fashion victims as well, but i digress....why can't it be like that one song by take 6? "spread love, instead of spreadin' lies..." oh well guess it figures that home now is out now that i am awaiting the ups man's knock on the front door any minute, from now until, oh i don't know 8 hours from now..... see you soon

Keep your fingers crosed for when you place your finger on the console gamer, to turn it on....lol

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:35 pm

I heard that when HOME actually drops there gonna delete all the clubhouses and u gonna have to buy them.
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:39 pm

i thought jay bought his space already and i already know i am getting a refurbished ps3 those jackasses.....just remember ya'll go out and by yourselves a flash drive so you can save all your game info because i didn't and now i have almost two years of gaming to catch up on, what a pisser
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:42 pm

GenXGamer wrote:
i thought jay bought his space already and i already know i am getting a refurbished ps3 those jackasses.....just remember ya'll go out and by yourselves a flash drive so you can save all your game info because i didn't and now i have almost two years of gaming to catch up on, what a pisser

Atleast you'll still have your rank on warhawk because it saves your stats.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:43 pm

prboi400 wrote:
I heard that when HOME actually drops there gonna delete all the clubhouses and u gonna have to buy them.

PlayStation Home Open-Beta 20041102-1_bush-thumbsup-515h

"No Problem....I got this." -Dubya

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:46 pm

GenXGamer wrote:

Damn that's messed up. I have an external already...I think I'ma move everything over to it this weekend. May get one of those fans too.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 11:56 am

I tried to get on this morning..but it was down. I did manage to get the update downloaded though. The clubhouse...will be removed and you will have to purchase another one. I'll get one this evening, and send out invites.

I played pool for the first time last night...with pr, it's pretty tight. Bowling I haven't gotten down yet...kinda reminds you of highvelocity.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 12:00 pm

Are the minigames better than the ones in GTA?
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:06 pm

TonyAlmighty wrote:
Are the minigames better than the ones in GTA?

They're about on the same level. Pretty fun...and you can unlock things if you really go to work on the minigames. The video game arcades are from psn games...you may be familiar with some of them.

With Audi being a sponsor, I wonder if there will be any ideas for vehicles. The landscape of Home looks very detailed to that of GTA. Only thing you're missing is vehicles.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:28 pm

They havent mentioned anything at all about cars, that's a good question.

PlayStation Home Open-Beta Ironman-audi-r8
Tony

PlayStation Home Open-Beta Red-Green-Civic-2
Good
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 2:54 pm

TonyAlmighty wrote:
They havent mentioned anything at all about cars, that's a good question.

PlayStation Home Open-Beta Ironman-audi-r8
Tony

I play bumper cars in stuff like that....

And turn heads in things.....

PlayStation Home Open-Beta 29004750123_large

like this.

Yep...customized...

7-Duece Impala with da Phantom Front, Dripped & Draped with Apple over Silver & reclining on buchide....and of course rollin on Terry Porter's - 30z that is.
Where ya ruler at, Almighty?

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 3:07 pm

PlayStation Home Open-Beta StoneColdstompout
Come through in the wrong hood with that shit and them goons will have you in the back of the Greyhound in your boxers on your way right back to Texas!!!

PlayStation Home Open-Beta 444457
We do the rimes a little up here, but we keep our shit clean man. No need to play dress up with the whip.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 3:48 pm

TonyAlmighty wrote:
PlayStation Home Open-Beta StoneColdstompout
Come through in the wrong hood with that shit and them goons will have you in the back of the Greyhound in your boxers on your way right back to Texas!!!

"Cause I be so throwed in this game
Comin down I'ma Swang...
Grip wood grain on their shirt I leave a stain ...
Cause you tried to jack
a real true G....
comin down the boulevard can you see me?"
- Fat Pat

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: PlayStation Home Open-Beta   PlayStation Home Open-Beta EmptyThu Dec 11, 2008 4:33 pm

Yo, Fabolous strive for digits, even connive to get it
N***as can't tell me nothin' dun, the 5 is kitted
for dead presidents, any cat alive can get it
I walk around covered in ice like I survived a blizzard
got enough chips to bribe you wit' it
pay off security at clubs, get my guns and knives admitted
I'm the type that gets tried and aquitted
if my vibes ain't wit' it, I pull the 4-5 and spit it
then n***as run to the precinct and describe who did it
come home and find the necks on their wives are slitted
I got n***as on my side committed
to leave you and the driver splitted