[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official NBA thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

Official NBA thread Empty
PostSubject: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 3:34 pm

The season starts this week lads...

Official NBA thread Page_1
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyTue Oct 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Official NBA thread Kobe-bryant-mvp

"Let the games...begin."

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Post # : 852

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 12:50 am

Damn time goes by fast I wonder what da HEAT gonna be lookin like this year.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 9:54 am

So who ya'll boys rolling with this season?? My Eastern Conference pic is the C's again, my lock is Cleveland and my sleeper is Orlando. My Western Conference pic is the Fakers again, my lock is the Spurs (NEVER bet against these boys) and my sleeper is Houston (God willing Artest can help Mac get his first series win).

Official NBA thread Kobe-paul-pierce-22167437
"He's ALRIGHT, but he's not REAL. MJ's that deal, with six rings in the field..." -Jay-Z
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 2:35 pm

It's gonna be interesting this year, the Heat and Fakers probably are gonna swap Marion for Odom. But at least one of them will be moved, including Vince. But the Heat dont have a point guard or center so I dont know. I dont watch college sports much, so I dont know if that Beasley boy is gonna get it done. But I DO know who will...

Official NBA thread Greg-oden-blazers
"Sure, Bynum and Durant are overrated..."

Official NBA thread 070331_oden16-vi
"WHOOPS!!!"

Official NBA thread Oden_bush
("I'll kill EVERYBODY up IN this muthafucka...")

Official NBA thread Greg-oden-dancing
"What up ma?"

Official NBA thread Gregoden2 "You mad doggie???"
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyMon Nov 03, 2008 1:36 pm

They're close to trading AI for Chauncey, Dice and a scrub!!! Shocked This makes sense for both sides. The Nuggets have too much scoring and not enough of a total offense, Chauncey will bring leadership and championship experience to Denver. I guess they felt that Rodney Stuckey did a great job filling in for Chauncey last year in the playoffs while he was hurt. The Pistons have underacheived the past few years, they were the most complete team in the L and theyre not getting any younger and want to make one more run before they go into rebuild mode.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3679931
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 6:11 pm

All-Star returns so far, my man Dwight leading all players. It's crazy because Joe Johnson has been putting up great numbers and doesn't get enough credit for bringing Atlanta back to the cusp of being taken seriously again. Gasol and Brand (before this year) have BEEN putting up All-Star numbers for years and never make it as they should as well.

I havent been paying much attention to Yi this year and maybe I should have. I don't watch college sports anymore, but Beasley and Rose are the real deal. But I followed my man Oden his year though, him and Bynum are the future.

Eastern Conference
Forwards: LeBron James (Clev) 1,940,162; Kevin Garnett (Bos) 1,375,814; Yi Jianlian (NJ) 1,216,348; Chris Bosh (Tor) 751,927; Paul Pierce (Bos) 486,656; Hedo Turkoglu (Orl) 366,174; Shawn Marion (Mia) 264,888; Danny Granger (Ind) 199,200; Josh Smith (Atl) 163,145; Michael Beasley (Mia) 157,286; Tayshaun Prince (Det) 144,337.

Guards: Dwyane Wade (Mia) 1,818,717; Allen Iverson (Det) 1,278,600; Vince Carter (NJ) 856,498; Ray Allen (Bos) 552,094; Devin Harris (NJ) 474,637; Gilbert Arenas (Wash) 403,577; Luke Ridnour (Mil) 379,806; Derrick Rose (Chi) 293,483; Jose Calderon (Tor) 274,509; Joe Johnson (Atl) 236,993; Jameer Nelson (Orl) 227,226.

Centers: Dwight Howard (Orl) 2,102,368; Samuel Dalembert (Phi) 257,527; Rasheed Wallace (Det) 255,950; Jermaine O'Neal (Tor) 224,583; Andrew Bogut (Mil) 198,811; Al Horford (Atl) 191,105; Brendan Haywood (Wash) 178,868; Ben Wallace (Clev) 159,132; Emeka Okafor (Char) 133,501; Zyrdrunas Ilgauskas (Cle) 122,607; Kendrick Perkins (Bos) 85,855.

Western Conference
Forwards: Tim Duncan (SA) 1,454,918; Carmelo Anthony (Den) 905,121; Amare Stoudemire (Pho) 894,690; Ron Artest (Hou) 890,992; Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 837,482; Pau Gasol (LAL) 618,943; Bruce Bowen (SA) 509,593; Shane Battier (Hou) 482,724; Luis Scola (Hou) 281,372; Josh Howard (Dal) 255,698; LaMarcus Aldridge (Por) 212,651.

Guards: Kobe Bryant (LAL) 1,903,798; Tracy McGrady (Hou) 1,216,224; Chris Paul (NO) 1,059,161; Manu Ginobili (SA) 669,837; Tony Parker (SA) 614,939; Jamal Crawford (GS) 462,039; Steve Nash (Pho) 441,746; Jason Kidd (Dal) 381,906; Rafer Alston (Hou) 372,130; Jason Terry (Dal) 323,279; Brandon Roy (Por) 267,053.

Centers: Yao Ming (Hou) 1,758,499; Shaquille O'Neal (Pho) 1,006,383; Andrew Bynum (LAL) 356,280; Mehmet Okur (Utah) 292,845; Greg Oden (Por) 195,552; Andris Biedrins (GS) 170,732; Tyson Chandler (NO) 128,086; Al Jefferson (Minn) 121,944; Nick Collison (OKC) 105,534; Marcus Camby (LAC) 74,638; Chris Kaman (LAC) 27,112.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 11:07 am

Official NBA thread De313c2e-bf1c-4ea3-8484-dd4004b31e83

"I AM HE!!!"

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:09 pm

Official NBA thread Lebron_James_Gold_medal
EASY my dude, EASY, your going WAAAAY to fast over there "Air Texas". Bronbron is RIGHT on Kobe's new signatures for the world's best...

Official NBA thread Topper-wade-shaq
...now Kobe is still THE killer, but until he wins without Shaq...

Official NBA thread Lebknickscopyoe9
...and God forbid Bron win's before he comes to the Knicks in '10...

Official NBA thread Michael_Jordan_Tattoo
...he'll fall JUST shy of fulfilling the legacy of his Airness.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:04 pm

TonyAlmighty wrote:

EASY my dude, EASY, your going WAAAAY to fast over there "Air Texas". Bronbron is RIGHT on Kobe's new signatures for the world's best...

...now Kobe is still THE killer, but until he wins without Shaq...

Official NBA thread Lebknickscopyoe9
...and God forbid Bron win's before he comes to the Knicks in '10...

Official NBA thread Michael_Jordan_Tattoo
...he'll fall JUST shy of fulfilling the legacy of his Airness.

NO ONE will fulfill the legacy of his "Airness"...silly of you even thinking or believing that.

Bron Bron and company got a close up and personal dosage of "Bean" & Co. last night my dude...

Official NBA thread Kobe_caaliers_v_lakers

Cavs 88 Lakers 105

He's no MJ, and never will be....but Bron Bron & Garnett, said it best....."He's the best player in the league."

Do like them and respect greatness, youngsta'...

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:20 pm

Quote :
NO ONE will fulfill the legacy of his "Airness"...silly of you even thinking or believing that.
OF COURSE NOT! Maybe you misunderstood me, I mean in regards to Kobe living up to HIS expectations. When the Fakers had they're dynasty, the league was different than it was today. They had no real competition outside maybe two squads and they've changed a few rules since then. Shaq cemented HIS legacy, Kobe needs to do the same.

Quote :
but Bron Bron & Garnett, said it best....."He's the best player in the league."
Official NBA thread Inside-comingatt-newjack
Like I said he has ALL the weapons at his disposal, the Fakers are stacked from top to bottom. He's become a leader and finally trusted his squad and bought into the Zenmasters teachings. Kobe better be ready, because he owes a lot of people. He owe’s me, he owes you, he owes the whole world. But Kobe better win something, because he owe’s a lot of people. He goes a lot Good…

Quote :
Do like them and respect greatness, youngsta'...
Last time I checked you were like 5 minutes older than me, cool out. I been doing this since '80 my dude.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 2:37 pm

TonyAlmighty wrote:

OF COURSE NOT! Maybe you misunderstood me, I mean in regards to Kobe living up to HIS expectations. When the Fakers had they're dynasty, the league was different than it was today. They had no real competition outside maybe two squads and they've changed a few rules since then. Shaq cemented HIS legacy, Kobe needs to do the same.

Please show me something where he said "he has expectations to be better than Jordan?" Let's not get idolizing twisted with the perception of trying to be better than.

Like I said he has ALL the weapons at his disposal, the Fakers are stacked from top to bottom. He's become a leader and finally trusted his squad and bought into the Zenmasters teachings. Kobe better be ready, because he owes a lot of people. He owe’s me, he owes you, he owes the whole world. But Kobe better win something, because he owe’s a lot of people. He goes a lot Good…

LMAO @ "ALL the weapons at his disposal"

With the exception of Gasol's only playoff appearance...What other All-Stars or experience do the Lakers have, compared to that of the Spurs, Celtics, Pistons, Suns & Hornets?

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 3:41 pm

Quote :
Please show me something where he said "he has expectations to be better than Jordan?" Let's not get idolizing twisted with the perception of trying to be better than.
Not being better than Mike per se, that's an oxymoron. I meant if he's gonna be the best right now and THE killer, then he needs another ring. Point black, period, end of story. Shaq did what he had to do and now Kobe needs to show me something. 81 points is incredible, but how about 16 wins in the playoffs without Diesel??? Neutral

Quote :
With the exception of Gasol's only playoff appearance...What other All-Stars or experience do the Lakers have, compared to that of the Spurs, Celtics, Pistons, Suns & Hornets?
It's not about having a team full of All-Stars, it's about having a solid cast that's gonna get it done. You have his man Fish at the point, a solid vet who ran the triangle during the championship years. You got Gasol who's been putting up All-Star numbers for years, but was stranded in Memphis. He was the last piece they needed to be taken seriously for a trophy.

You got young Bynum who's the big man of the future, that's why Jerry Buss held onto the boy. Even Kobe didn't know what the boy was capable of. Then you got Odom who despite never having enough to be Kobe’s #2, is one of the most reliable forwards in the game and does what’s needed. Then Vujacic, Luke and Ariza get their hands dirty to round things out. This is the best squad Kobe’s had and ya’ll boys got there last year and are on top again, so let’s not make excuses for your boyfriend, MAN-UP! Neutral
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:29 pm

TonyAlmighty wrote:
Quote :
Not being better than Mike per se, that's an oxymoron. I meant if he's gonna be the best right now and THE killer, then he needs another ring. Point black, period, end of story. Shaq did what he had to do and now Kobe needs to show me something. 81 points is incredible, but how about 16 wins in the playoffs without Diesel??? Neutral

Quote :
It's not about having a team full of All-Stars, it's about having a solid cast that's gonna get it done. You have his man Fish at the point, a solid vet who ran the triangle during the championship years. You got Gasol who's been putting up All-Star numbers for years, but was stranded in Memphis. He was the last piece they needed to be taken seriously for a trophy.

You got young Bynum who's the big man of the future, that's why Jerry Buss held onto the boy. Even Kobe didn't know what the boy was capable of. Then you got Odom who despite never having enough to be Kobe’s #2, is one of the most reliable forwards in the game and does what’s needed. Then Vujacic, Luke and Ariza get their hands dirty to round things out. This is the best squad Kobe’s had and ya’ll boys got there last year and are on top again, so let’s not make excuses for your boyfriend, MAN-UP! Neutral

FAIL

Far from making excuses...all I'm saying is don't come with speculation, or what you "perceive"...give me facts if you're making statements such as "I mean in regards to Kobe living up to HIS expectations." I see you failed to come up with factual evidence where he's said this also. Other wise...when you say things such as that, you come off as a hater.

I stated "All-Star" talent b/c YOU said he had "ALL the weapons at his disposal" opposed to the teams I named as examples. You can scream Fisher all you want, but he's toward the end of his career and is not even a top 5 PG in the game right now. I'll give you Gasol as being solid...but the other folks you mentioned as "Weapons" haven't proved anything.....since you dispell what Bean has proved or yet to prove. Think before you talk next time, b/c you made no sense at all with that comment naming a list of guys that haven't proved anything. Odom is a JAG..."Just a Guy" opposed to a STUD...he's not even in the elite of his position.

When you talk to me...think twice, know your facts, and you better have supporting details. I thought you would have learned this by now.

As for the Shaq comments...Like I've always told you, Shaq only has succeeded when he has a reliable counterpart. My question to you is this....If Shaq was so bad and Kobe needed him, answer this for me. They both got to L.A. the same year...in 96. Bean didn't start his first 3 years, due to sharing time and playing behind Eddie Jones. Why didn't Shaq win a title then, for those 3 years? Why did it take Shaq so long to win a title in L.A. until Bean's first complete season as a starter? That's kinda odd isn't it? But 24 needed 34 to win titles and be successful...."Riiiiight"

This dispells the theory of Shaq wins titles where ever he goes (Kinda like last year pointing at a ring finger to the Phoenix crowd when he was traded)...b/c for 3 years he was dormant in L.A., until a certain somebody started starting and playing more. So yeah...Kobe hasn't won anything in L.A. without Shaq....and neither did Shaq his first 3 years in L.A. when it was "his" squad.

If you come to me to...come to me with facts....not opinions and speculation.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 12:44 pm

FACT: Kobe NEEDS to win another ring or else his legacy won’t be QUITE the same.
Now I’m not saying Kobe verbally said this, I’m just giving you the general consensus in the basketball world. Maybe in including that picture of Mike, you misinterpreted me. Mike never won without Scottie, now say if Scottie won one with the Bulls or the Rockets, Mike would have been under pressure to win another without Scottie or else Mike’s legacy would be lessened JUST a tiny notch. It sounds crazy, but right or wrong it would. Now what you’re saying about EJ is true, but that’s bridge under that water. Shaq won without Kobe with less of a team in an more competitive league. PERIOD. Neutral

FACT: The Fakers are better than your giving them credit for.
Like I said, Gasol has been an All-Star the last few years, he had the bad luck of being stranded in Memphis with a lopsided Western Conference, had he been in the East, he would have a few under his belt (Brand too). Gasol is a lil better than solid, he’s one of the best forwards in the game. Fisher may not be in his prime, but remember he ran the show for all the rings, knows the complicated triangle well and always knows his role. I got pissed when he went to Golden State in the first place, but he had the opportunity to finally eat off his three rings and I don’t blame him. It’s no coincidence they went back to the Finals with him being back. Odom isn’t JUST a guy, he may not has the demeanor to be a Robin, but he’s doesn’t what’s needed in a given situation. So no, he isn’t a JAG. Kobe has not one but TWO great big men at his disposal. Neutral

FACT: ALL Championship teams have at least a One-Two Punch.
Shaq never one without a good guard, NO SHIT. That’s the nature of the modern NBA, two superstars and some great role players can get you a championship. He may not be getting it done in Phoenix, WHOOPTY FUCKING DO, have you forgotten when he took a huge shit all over Texas and snatched the ring right out yall's hand not too long ago?! And remember he got to the Finals with Penny, don’t overlook that either. Shaq has taken his legacy way further than Kobe, don’t try to water that down. Neutral

FACT: The Fakers time is now.
Despite your finger pointing, Kobe is in his prime with the right squad at the right time. The Spurs are getting old and may be done, the upstart Hornets may not be ready, the Suns time is almost up and the Rockets can’t stay healthy. So that leaves the East where you got the CURRENT champs and the upstart Magic. Now the only mysteries are the Pistons and Cavs. Can AI really lead these guys back to the Finals, I’m really not sure, like the Suns and Mavs, the Pistons made a blockbuster trade to shake things up because the it’s almost rebuilding time. Now it worked last time when they got Sheed, but they don’t have Ben and Chauncey now, but it’s definitely possible with the Answer. And finally to the Cavs, can the OTHER Chosen One get a ring, well the Cavs are good enough, but I still think they’re missing ONE more piece, I think they still need an upgrade at the 1 and/or 4. They need to get another point so they can move Mo to off guard so he can concentrate at what he’s best at, scoring. I understand you have selective vision and hearing so I laid everything out for you real nice. The Fakers should be able to win a ring this season or next. Neutral

Play “Jay Madden” over there with the NFL, but this here is the NBA my dude. BE CLEAR when you talk hoops with Tony, don’t bite the hand that feeds you dunn-dunn. farao
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 1:55 pm

TonyAlmighty wrote:
FACT: Kobe NEEDS to win another ring or else his legacy won’t be QUITE the same.
Now I’m not saying Kobe verbally said this, I’m just giving you the general consensus in the basketball world. Maybe in including that picture of Mike, you misinterpreted me. Mike never won without Scottie, now say if Scottie won one with the Bulls or the Rockets, Mike would have been under pressure to win another without Scottie or else Mike’s legacy would be lessened JUST a tiny notch. It sounds crazy, but right or wrong it would. Now what you’re saying about EJ is true, but that’s bridge under that water. Shaq won without Kobe with less of a team in an more competitive league. PERIOD.

Legacy? Lol. What legacy. That comes from the perception of the person looking at it. B/c he "reminds" people of MJ...they hold him to a higher standard than anyone else in the league. He is the most complete and all around player in the league right now. Again my point is, you made a statement, with no actual facts behind it, and can't prove it or what he said..which comes off as being a hater. Display of no credibility due to being biased. FAIL

FACT: The Fakers are better than your giving them credit for.
Like I said, Gasol has been an All-Star the last few years, he had the bad luck of being stranded in Memphis with a lopsided Western Conference, had he been in the East, he would have a few under his belt (Brand too). Gasol is a lil better than solid, he’s one of the best forwards in the game. Fisher may not be in his prime, but remember he ran the show for all the rings, knows the complicated triangle well and always knows his role. I got pissed when he went to Golden State in the first place, but he had the opportunity to finally eat off his three rings and I don’t blame him. It’s no coincidence they went back to the Finals with him being back. Odom isn’t JUST a guy, he may not has the demeanor to be a Robin, but he’s doesn’t what’s needed in a given situation. So no, he isn’t a JAG. Kobe has not one but TWO great big men at his disposal.

False. "Gasol has been an All-Star the last few years"....again, talking without doing your research. Gasol has only been to All Star Weekend once, 2006. Get your facts straight before you start talking about things you have no idea of what you're talking about. SlapYoSelf for calling Lamar Odom, "great." lmao...are you serious? I should stop talking to you RIGHT NOW. If Odom, was so great...why couldnt he handle being Robin? Better yet, why even be a Robin...Why not be a Batman? Seriously...what has Odom done besides make an All Rookie team...which isn't saying much. No All Star invites and No All Pro accolades. Just a guy. He's not even the elite in his own position. He's a avg. to good player. FAIL

FACT: ALL Championship teams have at least a One-Two Punch.
Shaq never one without a good guard, NO SHIT. That’s the nature of the modern NBA, two superstars and some great role players can get you a championship. He may not be getting it done in Phoenix, WHOOPTY FUCKING DO, have you forgotten when he took a huge shit all over Texas and snatched the ring right out yall's hand not too long ago?! And remember he got to the Finals with Penny, don’t overlook that either. Shaq has taken his legacy way further than Kobe, don’t try to water that down.

I don't know why you keep bringing up Basketball squads here in Texas. I'm not a fan of any...how many times do I have to tell you this? You're wasting your time bro. Shaq is a dominant player in his position...true, but he HAS to have a true Robin. Before the emergence of Bean he had Van Exel AND Eddie Jones...and fell short. But people are quick to add Kobe needed Shaq to win the big ones. I just find it odd and funny that Shaq didn't win the Big ones in L.A., until Kobe started starting...especially his first year. (I see you like MOST who say this, had no answer for what happened Shaq's first 3 years in L.A. w/o Bean starting) And Yeah..he took Penny to the finals...but let's not get it twisted, A) MJ didn't ball due to going after his MLB dreams, and B) They Got that ass Ran up out THE SUMMIT..and got dumped 4-0 by that Squad known as Twoston...aka The Rockets. FAIL, AGAIN. Getcha Weight up, Almighty.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/33166-shaq-attack-oneal-cant-win-without-help-either

Read that when you get a chance....obviously I'm not the only person that's noticed Shaq's claims to dominance.

FACT: The Fakers time is now.
Despite your finger pointing, Kobe is in his prime with the right squad at the right time. The Spurs are getting old and may be done, the upstart Hornets may not be ready, the Suns time is almost up and the Rockets can’t stay healthy. So that leaves the East where you got the CURRENT champs and the upstart Magic. Now the only mysteries are the Pistons and Cavs. Can AI really lead these guys back to the Finals, I’m really not sure, like the Suns and Mavs, the Pistons made a blockbuster trade to shake things up because the it’s almost rebuilding time. Now it worked last time when they got Sheed, but they don’t have Ben and Chauncey now, but it’s definitely possible with the Answer. And finally to the Cavs, can the OTHER Chosen One get a ring, well the Cavs are good enough, but I still think they’re missing ONE more piece, I think they still need an upgrade at the 1 and/or 4. They need to get another point so they can move Mo to off guard so he can concentrate at what he’s best at, scoring. I understand you have selective vision and hearing so I laid everything out for you real nice. The Fakers should be able to win a ring this season or next.

Play “Jay Madden” over there with the NFL, but this here is the NBA my dude. BE CLEAR when you talk hoops with Tony, don’t bite the hand that feeds you dunn-dunn.

Get your facts straight with the propoganda and opinions you got, and come to me correct with meat, substance...not lies, false allegations and opinions. It's one thing to have opinions, but you BETTER have supporting details. You should've admitted you had no idea in what you were talking about with the NFL in the beginning, but I had fun exploiting you. I just played the game right along with you. I eat kids like you everyday for brunch on Sports talk message boards!

1 for 4...not bad than your usual. You're getting a little better. That's 25%. You still FAIL though.

School is adjourned, Kid

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Quote :
Legacy? Lol. What legacy. That comes from the perception of the person looking at it. B/c he "reminds" people of MJ...they hold him to a higher standard than anyone else in the league. He is the most complete and all around player in the league right now. Again my point is, you made a statement, with no actual facts behind it, and can't prove it or what he said..which comes off as being a hater. Display of no credibility due to being biased. FAIL
What I did is echo the sentiments of most experts around the league and BIASED sports journalists, not hated. He's the most complete player in the L? Really??? NO HE'S NOT, that would be either Lebron or KG, depending on who you talk to. He's the BEST, but not the most complete. And him being the best is in danger, which started this whole thing in the first place. I saw you going too far as usual and I had to reign you in and calm shit down over there.

Official NBA thread 292px-GeordiLaForge2364
Quote :
False. "Gasol has been an All-Star the last few years"....again, talking without doing your research.
That was a typo, if read how I wrote it and what I said in the previous post you'll clearly see that I meant to say he's been playing All-Star CALIBUR ball. Shoot yourself in the head for even THINKING ALMIGHTY would make such a mistake! Evil or Very Mad

Official NBA thread Fingeroth01_mattMurdock
Quote :
Kobe has not one but TWO great big men at his disposal
Again with the selective vision, when I said two GREAT big men I meant Gasol and Bynum. Again before you address me keep the Heckler loaded and close just in case you need to yourself a favor... Evil or Very Mad

Official NBA thread Shaq-and-kobe
Quote :
I just find it odd and funny that Shaq didn't win the Big ones in L.A., until Kobe started starting
I just corrected you before you even made the mistake of posting this. You constantly run to the past and gloss over the present. You talk about him not getting it done with Van Exel and EJ and what Kobe did. Yet you don't acknowledge the fact that he got it done WITHOUT Kobe and with Wade. It was about Shaq and NOT Kobe and unfortunatley dude had to learn the hard way. I bet in hindsight Kobe really regrets running Shaq out of LA. But hey, we all live and learn. On the flip side Kobe NEEDS Shaq to eat. Now until he proves me otherwise, that's a FACT your gonna have to live with.

Just like all football season you kept bringing up Cowboy HISTORY conveniently forgetting the Giant PRESENT. Hey everyone, according to Jay Rome, one of the best to ever do it is just "a dominant player in his position". Now had I said that Emmitt was just a "above average back with an incredible offensive line his whole career" Good would have a fucking seizure!! Give credit where credit is due dunny. No need to go any further, just read that paragraph again my dude. Evil or Very Mad

Official NBA thread Bullshit800x600
Quote :
Read that when you get a chance....obviously I'm not the only person that's noticed Shaq's claims to dominance.
I just read your lil bedtime story about Shaq and the only thing it’s good for is wiping my ass next time I run out of toilet paper. NO NBA TEAM CAN WIN WITH ONE SUPSERSTAR. It's just another one of these prick know-it-all sportswriters getting cute. And again, I addressed this before you embarrassed yourself, read my shit again.

Official NBA thread Reaching
Quote :
And Yeah..he took Penny to the finals...but let's not get it twisted, A) MJ didn't ball due to going after his MLB dreams,
It broke my heart, but they DID beat the Bulls that year. I mean I could easily say that LA was overrated and should have NEVER three-peated (word to Chris and Vlade) but unfortunately they did. Stop it, your reaching now.

Official NBA thread BudSelig
Quote :
Get your facts straight with the propoganda and opinions you got, and come to me correct with meat, substance...not lies, false allegations and opinions
I'm making an intelligent observation based on what's going on and what’s happening now. See your problem is that you’re a start whore who blindly looks at numbers rather than having a greater understanding of the game while watching what’s unfolding in front of your eyes. Now if everything was based on the math and past history, the C's SHOULDN’T have won shit year because no championship team has lost so many road games and been taken to game 7 so many times and still won the 'chip. As well as the Heat, they SHOULDN’T have won as well because of the Mavs being up and coming from behind with three consecutive wins. What Boston coming back from almost being swept by my Yanks has taught us is that in sports NOHING is ever written in stone. Next thing Good is gonna tell us that the Cubs will NEVER get a pennant.

I don't know why you keep bringing up Basketball squads here in Texas. I'm not a fan of any...how many times do I have to tell you this?
And What kind of Texun are you anyways, you got THREE teams to choose from (one dynasty) and yet you still reserve your seat on Kobe’s dick every year. I like a few teams in the East, but your never gonna hear me NOT root for my Knicks just because the franchise is in shampbed right now. SMMFH, I tell you they don’t make dudes like they used to, SMH...

Official NBA thread JimRome
Quote :
You should've admitted you had no idea in what you were talking about with the NFL in the beginning
Again talking reckless again. I said I was a casual NFL fan, of course I understand the game, this isn’t fucking soccer were talking about here. I just don’t get seriously in depth into things like I do the NBA. See Good, it's called intelligent conversation, anyone can go around touting stats after it's all said and done, but who can make an smart observation without being influenced by ESPN and Nike. Everyone laughed at me when I said that the Pistons would not only beat LA, but beat them easily. I don’t buy into hype, I’m a student of the game. Now I’ve stated fact after fact and yet General Custer over here keeps fighting a losing battle. Your pretty enterataining though, maybe you outta have your own show like the rest of these clowns on ESPN always talking dickriding one second and then hating the next.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 6:03 pm

[quote="TonyAlmighty"]
Quote :

What I did is echo the sentiments of most experts around the league and BIASED sports journalists, not hated. He's the most complete player in the L? Really??? NO HE'S NOT, that would be either Lebron or KG, depending on who you talk to. He's the BEST, but not the most complete. And him being the best is in danger, which started this whole thing in the first place. I saw you going too far as usual and I had to reign you in and calm shit down over there.

Echoing sentiments of most experts around the league..., smh..oh ok. Be your own man son. Stop following and use your "eyegate" opposed to your "eargate". LeBron complete? He's got talent, hella ups and unlimited dunking skils...I give you that, but as for D and being able to consistently shoot from the field, he still needs to improve his game. Let's not forget choking in the finals against the Spurs. But he is an elite player himself...and to be the "most complete player in the L" as you say...wouldn't that translate to being the "Best" player in the game also...as KG, LBJ and even you yourself have acknowledged Kobe Bean Bryant being that person? KG...Has great Defense, but not all around, again...can't shoot from around the field consistently. You want consistant...you want clutch. Poster Child is 24, and I'm not talkin Jack Bauer.

Quote :
False. "Gasol has been an All-Star the last few years"....again, talking without doing your research.
That was a typo, if read how I wrote it and what I said in the previous post you'll clearly see that I meant to say he's been playing All-Star CALIBUR ball. Shoot yourself in the head for even THINKING ALMIGHTY would make such a mistake! Evil or Very Mad

Nope. On a test, you don't get credit for that Sir. You made the statement. This is why they say proof read. Again...you just didn't know what you were talking about. You typed it...none of us did! Hell..I meant to stop and get gas this morning..but I didn't. I don't want to hear about what you meant. Come correct. Don't crawfish now as I've proved you incorrect.

Quote :
Kobe has not one but TWO great big men at his disposal
Again with the selective vision, when I said two GREAT big men I meant Gasol and Bynum. Again before you address me keep the Heckler loaded and close just in case you need to yourself a favor... Evil or Very Mad

This comment here, is why I'm going to stop talking sports with you. First of all...you're calling Gasol "Great"..."Greatness" is not a word to be throwing around for someone that succeeds or excels. Per Webster the term "Great" is - markedly superior in character or quality; remarkably skilled. To use the term Great you compare or use that to the likeness of Jordan, Bird, Magic, Kareem, Wilt, etc.....Lamar Odom, Paul Gasol, and SURELY Andrew Bynum can't even be fathomed in the same discussion of those names. SlapYOSelf with a Dust pan, for trying to explain...and change it to Bynum. You Sir, don't have a clue. Greatness is something that is earned by skins on the wall and putting in work...those 3 players aren't no were near greatness. Do yourself a favor...pull out a book, dicitionary that is, and learn the difference between, good, average, poor and great. You may learn something.

Quote :
I just corrected you before you even made the mistake of posting this.

You have yet to stand correct on anything, which now I have to question your overall sports knowledge.

Quote :
You constantly run to the past and gloss over the present.

Isn't that what you're doing now...comparing Shaq's past accomplishments compared to what he's doing now? Kinda How you kept reliving and relishing off what the Giants did the season before, opposed to what was happening in this current season. But I tried to tell you but you didnt want to listen now.

Quote :
You talk about him not getting it done with Van Exel and EJ and what Kobe did. Yet you don't acknowledge the fact that he got it done WITHOUT Kobe and with Wade.

Read before you write. I acknowledged that with Shaq always needing a ROBIN to be "SO DOMINANT"....from Penny, to Bean, to D-Wade. I even gave you a link of what those same "experts and journalist" that you often listen to...acknowledging the same thoughts. I provide links. Try that some time. tongue

Quote :
It was about Shaq and NOT Kobe and unfortunatley dude had to learn the hard way. I bet in hindsight Kobe really regrets running Shaq out of LA. But hey, we all live and learn. On the flip side Kobe NEEDS Shaq to eat. Now until he proves me otherwise, that's a FACT your gonna have to live with.

Was it? He repeated in Miami didn't he? He was that dominant of a player that he got multiple rings...and also helped the Suns in obtaining one also. Last I checked, Bean was in the Finals...Not Shaq...Not D-Wade. I can't speak on regrets as you are b/c I'm not Kobe Bryant. And on the flipside...he obtained a MVP and a trip to the finals...without Shaq...but as you say, he needs Shaq to eat. A spade is a spade. It is what it is.

Quote :
Just like all football season you kept bringing up Cowboy HISTORY conveniently forgetting the Giant PRESENT. Hey everyone, according to Jay Rome, one of the best to ever do it is just "a dominant player in his position". Now had I said that Emmitt was just a "above average back with an incredible offensive line his whole career" Good would have a fucking seizure!! Give credit where credit is due dunny. No need to go any further, just read that paragraph again my dude. Evil or Very Mad

Again...you play the "past card" when it's suitable for you. The Giant's Championship was in the "past" when talking on this season. But you want to twist it up and again...play the card to where it's suitable for you, and say stuff like last 3 years...last 5 years. Let me let you in on a secret...it's all history. It's all the past. E.Smith wasn't a flashy running back...but was smart. The line was good...but go through each one of those guys and tell me what they did before Emmitt got in the backfield? Before the first SuperBowl in the 90s...How many All-Pro's did he have blocking for him? Keep in mind...there's a difference between All-Pro & Pro Bowler..they weren't Pro Bowlers either...and yes, they had been in the league prior to him hitting Dallas. Again...you don't have a clue, just spurting what you heard, opposed to actually researching the truth.

Quote :
I just read your lil bedtime story about Shaq and the only thing it’s good for is wiping my ass next time I run out of toilet paper. NO NBA TEAM CAN WIN WITH ONE SUPSERSTAR. It's just another one of these prick know-it-all sportswriters getting cute. And again, I addressed this before you embarrassed yourself, read my shit again.

I'm glad you understand that. Now think about that prior to Gasol coming to L.A last year, when you track everything Bean has done since Shaq's departure. There was no one else. But he still had his team competitive...kinda like what LBJ is doing now. But when you look at teams of recent such as the Celtics, Spurs, & Pistons, that won the title, they had multiple stars...that's more than two.

Quote :
It broke my heart, but they DID beat the Bulls that year. I mean I could easily say that LA was overrated and should have NEVER three-peated (word to Chris and Vlade) but unfortunately they did. Stop it, your reaching now.

You are an idiot. Jordan played Minor League Baseball with Birmingham that year.... They beat a squad that was lead by a mouthy Pippen and Horace Grant. That's no feat. I can't believe you said that..."They did beat the Bulls that year." Get this guy outta here!! No credibility.

Quote :
I'm making an intelligent observation based on what's going on and what’s happening now. See your problem is that you’re a start whore who blindly looks at numbers rather than having a greater understanding of the game while watching what’s unfolding in front of your eyes.

Ok....are you trying to say "stat whore" here? Smh...and please show me where I've posted on stats. That's you that resort to stats, as you attmepted to do with Football this year. Stats. are over rated and can be inflated at times. I watch the Damn games son.

Quote :
Now if everything was based on the math and past history, the C's SHOULDN’T have won shit year because no championship team has lost so many road games and been taken to game 7 so many times and still won the 'chip. As well as the Heat, they SHOULDN’T have won as well because of the Mavs being up and coming from behind with three consecutive wins. What Boston coming back from almost being swept by my Yanks has taught us is that in sports NOHING is ever written in stone. Next thing Good is gonna tell us that the Cubs will NEVER get a pennant.

More rambling that has nothing to do with nothing here....

Quote :
And What kind of Texun are you anyways, you got THREE teams to choose from (one dynasty) and yet you still reserve your seat on Kobe’s dick every year. I like a few teams in the East, but your never gonna hear me NOT root for my Knicks just because the franchise is in shampbed right now. SMMFH, I tell you they don’t make dudes like they used to, SMH...

It's called not being a band-wagon fan. I've never liked any of the teams. Doesn't mean I hate them. Just means I could care less if they win or loose. I more or less cheer for players, oppose to having that "favorite" team. If I've never cheered for them before, why do it now? Because they're winning and from the same state is me? Sounds like some New York type ish.

Quote :
Again talking reckless again. I said I was a casual NFL fan, of course I understand the game, this isn’t fucking soccer were talking about here. I just don’t get seriously in depth into things like I do the NBA. See Good, it's called intelligent conversation, anyone can go around touting stats after it's all said and done, but who can make an smart observation without being influenced by ESPN and Nike. Everyone laughed at me when I said that the Pistons would not only beat LA, but beat them easily. I don’t buy into hype, I’m a student of the game. Now I’ve stated fact after fact and yet General Custer over here keeps fighting a losing battle. Your pretty enterataining though, maybe you outta have your own show like the rest of these clowns on ESPN always talking dickriding one second and then hating the next.

Again...please show me "proof" of where I'm "touting stats". Student of the game...lol ok. If calling Gasol, Byunm, and Odom great....and giving the Magic props for beating a Jordanless team in '94 to go to the finals is being a student of the game....you need to transfer, chief. It seems the only thing your good at is trying to post pics for comic relief to detract from the facts you're failing to present. Nothing still has changed in you Almighty. "I'm so dissapointed in you...."

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 12:25 pm

Quote :
Again...you just didn't know what you were talking about.
Quote :
You got Gasol who's been putting up All-Star numbers for years, but was stranded in Memphis.
- from my previous post.
I get heated when someone says something incorrectly about the God. I'm very rarely wrong and as you can see by my earlier post, I knew what I was talking about, that was a slight aberration. But you were petty and jumped on it. “That’s a female trait…” scratch

Quote :

you're calling Gasol "Great"..."
Gasol IS great, is he’s not a legend like Barkley or one of the GOAT's like Shaq, of course not. Okay to pacify you, Gasol is GOOD and Barkley is GREAT. Same difference, again being petty and I thought you were better than that my dude, MAN-UP. Neutral

Quote :
Was it? He repeated in Miami didn't he? He was that dominant of a player that he got multiple rings...and also helped the Suns in obtaining one also. Last I checked, Bean was in the Finals...Not Shaq...Not D-Wade. I can't speak on regrets as you are b/c I'm not Kobe Bryant. And on the flipside...he obtained a MVP and a trip to the finals...without Shaq...but as you say, he needs Shaq to eat. A spade is a spade. It is what it is.
See I wasn't aware that Texas was a planet cause you're on some other shit. A TRIP to the Finals and a MVP will NEVER equal a ring, which Shaq got without Kobe. Ask Barkley if he'd rather keep the MVP he stole won over Mike rather than to have a ring and watch how fast he throws YOUR ass through a plate glass window. You just embarrassed yourself again. Neutral

Quote :
Isn't that what you're doing now...comparing Shaq's past accomplishments compared to what he's doing now? Kinda How you kept reliving and relishing off what the Giants did the season before, opposed to what was happening in this current season. But I tried to tell you but you didnt want to listen now.
Cause at the time we were the REIGNNG champs!! Notice that when they went down to the Eagle’s I let all that shit breathe cause it was over. Now if you would’ve been here in October talking that last year shit, they would’ve had a closed casket for you. The C’s are the CURRENT champs until they're eliminated. PERIOD. Neutral

Quote :
You are an idiot. Jordan played Minor League Baseball with Birmingham that year.... They beat a squad that was lead by a mouthy Pippen and Horace Grant. That's no feat. I can't believe you said that..."They did beat the Bulls that year." Get this guy outta here!! No credibility.
My dude, MJ may have not been there, but they still had Pippen and the same squad of champions! Now your gonna tell me that just because Mike wasn’t there, that the rest of the squad was total bullshit?! Of course they’re not the same by a longshot without the GOAT, but they were nothing to sneeze at either.

Quote :
More rambling that has nothing to do with nothing here....
It applies to you, because you’re so closed minded in you opinions and comments. You should succeed Selig the way you think, you'd fit right in the MLB culture. “Free your mind, Neo”

Quote :
It's called not being a band-wagon fan. I've never liked any of the teams. Doesn't mean I hate them. Just means I could care less if they win or loose. I more or less cheer for players, oppose to having that "favorite" team. If I've never cheered for them before, why do it now? Because they're winning and from the same state is me? Sounds like some New York type ish.
It’s not about winning or losing, but have SOME hometown pride. The Fakers are your team, that’s cute, but you gotta hold down at least ONE of the other squads in Texas as well. The Knicks are a traveling circus and the Yanks keep underachieving, but I’m not gonna front on the Apple dunn-dunn. But hey, if you wanna play Topic and front on where you’re from, go ahead. Evil or Very Mad

Quote :
Again...please show me "proof" of where I'm "touting stats". Student of the game...lol ok. If calling Gasol, Byunm, and Odom great....and giving the Magic props for beating a Jordanless team in '94 to go to the finals is being a student of the game....you need to transfer, chief. It seems the only thing your good at is trying to post pics for comic relief to detract from the facts you're failing to present. Nothing still has changed in you Almighty. "I'm so dissapointed in you...."
No I’m not touting it or gassing it, it’s not about the Bulls per se, it’s about the fact that they got to the Finals. PERIOSU, end of story. See I know my shit my dude, your just closed minded and borderline hating. You kept talking stats about the Giants all season rather than watching what was going one. You weren’t sure we would lose, you were HOPING.

Likewise, you can praise your man Kobe, shit I’m a fan as well, but I not gonna deny what’s going on here. I just reminded you that Kobe is the best, but it’s closer than ever now, he’s not the best by a longshot anymore. And he HASN’T won shit without Shaq and may never will and history will reflect that. I just commented on that and then you got your period. Easy, Holla at me when your Fakers or Cowgirls actually WIN something.

Your talking REAL greasy about ALMIGHTY my dude, I’d quit while I were ahead if I were you. Evil or Very Mad

Official NBA thread Boiler-room_420
OKAY THAT’S IT, I'M DONE!
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 12:53 pm

Lol...I'm through talking sports with you Sir. You have no credibility and no knoweldge of sports, period. It's obvious you're a casual sport fan. Calling players that haven't proved shit "Great" (Go to any sports board and start a post saying Gasol, Odom, & Byum are great and see what happens...lmao) and trying to acknowledge a Magic team that beat a Jordanless Bulls team in 94, I can't fault you though...you were only in the 7th or 8th grade around then. Youngsta. Get outta here.

Go to sports forums and get eaten up alive like you do on WH, and maybe you'll learn how you to talk sports...that's with facts and supporting details to go along with your opinions.

P.S. Clown

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Quote :
Lol...I'm through talking sports with you Sir.
Official NBA thread Aldavis
Yeah you should just quit my dude, your stubbon and stuck in your ways my dude. You misinterpet what I mean by great, I thought I just explained that to you. You've got balls going against me, I'll give you that. Take it light man and enjoy the remainder of both seasons my dude. Your a lost cause...

Quote :
Go to sports forums and get eaten up alive like you do on WH
Official NBA thread Ags
See, I get on WH to have fun and to make sure we win. PERIOD. I turn it on whenever I feel like it. Now if you want me to get serious and whip your ass to prove a point. Let me know. Or maybe you can stop hiding behind WH like a chump, put down the rifle and show me soemthing. You're a 'hawker, but are you a REAL gamer??? Neutral

Quote :
acknowledge a Magic team that beat a Jordanless Bulls team in 94, I can't fault you though...you were only in the 7th or 8th grade around then. Youngsta. Get outta here.
As I said before, it's not about the Bulls, you can't deny that they got to the Finals that year. Even though Houston's two rings are tainted cause Mike wasn't there, it doesnt mean they still didnt get it done. and I'm 28 my dude, a grown man around here. I was Lee's age and I knew what was good then.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official NBA thread   Official NBA thread EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 3:09 pm