[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Wishlist Thread.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

Official Wishlist Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 10:46 pm

Anything you would like see added to the site, ideas, thoughts, concerns or would like us to do as a whole....list them here. Anything you would like to see or ideas you come up with and would like to get a general opinion, let it be known and see what your peers think of it.

How's anyone suppose to know, if you don't say anything? Oh yeah?

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 9:56 pm

It would be cool if you could get a preview of a thread by just putting the cursor over it and not having to click on it. Also maybe there could be a photo section for each user sort of like a "My Photos" section.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 10:59 pm

Good ideas...one of won't be a problem. The other I have to check on in the admin options if it's available.

Would the pic section be viewable to the public (Guest, and non Mvmt members of the site) or Mvmt, only?

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 3:43 am

Mvmt, i likes ya'll don't think i wish to share it with the whole world.... but it's not up to just me or maybe find a feature or set it up in a way so the postee can choose either public or private
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 3:15 pm

The suggestions I made are the way the Corvette Forum is set up. Only registered members are allowed to view other users' pics.

It would also be cool if there were a list somewhere of all the registered users of the forum.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:45 pm

There is a list for registered users. Its under the "Member" button up top and lists all clan members, recruits, friends etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
Hells
Civilian
Hells

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 2:05 am

Ahh thanks tuff. I never noticed that tab there.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 9:26 am

You're welcome Smile You can also click on the member and look up their "stats"... their posts and threads etc.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 9:38 pm

I was just getting ready to post this...thanks Muff.

http://www.themvmt.net/memberlist.forum

Sorting by Last visit...gives you exact time of a member on the board also.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 9:59 pm

Hells wrote:
It would be cool if you could get a preview of a thread by just putting the cursor over it and not having to click on it.

I'm still checking on this option, if this is available through help desk. Keep you posted.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:07 pm

A mod just responded...said they don't have it available for this particular forum. SMH

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:40 am

I have a few suggestions. I think it could be cool to have little tiles under our info thats to the left of our posts that shows any achievements we have on the forums. Like, moderators would have an icon, people with a certain numbers of posts, peeps who've been GOTM etc or any other ideas you have. A lot of the other forums I frequent have these. Like on the PS3 Trophies forum I have an achievement tile for submitting secret trophies for the game Afrika.

An example of this is at this forum www.ps3trophies.org If you look up my profile you can see my tile. Or you can just look at the forums and see the tiles others have for different things. That site has tiles for submitting trophy guides, secret trophies, being a mod, joining online gaming nights, having 1000 posts, being the GOTM etc. Its cool.

I also think that as mods Jay whenever we lock a thread we should say why. I've noticed a lot of other forums do this. I think it helps for people to understand why its being locked so that the issue doesn't constantly repeat itself. Maybe our forum isn't big enough for this but its an idea.
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:02 pm

What about a type of topic that let's everybody post on it?
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:05 pm

??? I don't understand
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Like the WTF?! thread?

I was also thinking since this is an OGN, maybe we could have someone researching or have some way of knowing where to get good deals on games. We all know that sometimes the only thing holding us back from getting new games is the $60 price tag. Where else can you get cheap games than on the internet?
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:24 pm

Like posting a pic, price, and link.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:27 pm

Honestly I get the majority of my games through Gamestop. I wait til I can find them used and I have a game card where you get a percentage off. Also the awesome thing is that you have 10 days to return it if you hate the game... only on used games. That's where most of my games come from and if I don't like them I just return it. I also wait til there are game return specials. Recently I returned 5 games and got $220 trade-in on black friday.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:06 am

Hells wrote:
Like the WTF?! thread?

I was also thinking since this is an OGN, maybe we could have someone researching or have some way of knowing where to get good deals on games. We all know that sometimes the only thing holding us back from getting new games is the $60 price tag. Where else can you get cheap games than on the internet?

Good Idea....I'm start a thread about that.

GeneraLee27 wrote:
Like posting a pic, price, and link.

Roger that...

tuffmuff wrote:
Honestly I get the majority of my games through Gamestop. I wait til I can find them used and I have a game card where you get a percentage off. Also the awesome thing is that you have 10 days to return it if you hate the game... only on used games. That's where most of my games come from and if I don't like them I just return it. I also wait til there are game return specials. Recently I returned 5 games and got $220 trade-in on black friday.

Gamestop has good deals when you factor in the trades....but I've noticed Fry's (Fry's Electronics) beat them on prices of games also...only thing is sometimes, in order to get the deal, you may have to wait a day or two after release date...so it's up to you. I don't know how they sit regionaly...I know here in the DFW area we have like 5, 6, 7 of them...kinda like Sam's (Warehouse Style) but all Electronics.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:16 am

GenXGamer wrote:
Mvmt, i likes ya'll don't think i wish to share it with the whole world.... but it's not up to just me or maybe find a feature or set it up in a way so the postee can choose either public or private

I don't think the database I use has that option...for private/public specific posts. But keep in mind...if you want to keep something "within the family..." you always hae "Mvmt Only" section. Only Family members have access to that forum...and it doesnt appear on the site to outsiders.

tuffmuff wrote:
I have a few suggestions. I think it could be cool to have little tiles under our info thats to the left of our posts that shows any achievements we have on the forums. Like, moderators would have an icon, people with a certain numbers of posts, peeps who've been GOTM etc or any other ideas you have. A lot of the other forums I frequent have these. Like on the PS3 Trophies forum I have an achievement tile for submitting secret trophies for the game Afrika.

An example of this is at this forum www.ps3trophies.org If you look up my profile you can see my tile. Or you can just look at the forums and see the tiles others have for different things. That site has tiles for submitting trophy guides, secret trophies, being a mod, joining online gaming nights, having 1000 posts, being the GOTM etc. Its cool.

I also think that as mods Jay whenever we lock a thread we should say why. I've noticed a lot of other forums do this. I think it helps for people to understand why its being locked so that the issue doesn't constantly repeat itself. Maybe our forum isn't big enough for this but its an idea.

I see what you're saying on the site trophies. I love that idea. Let me look further into the database, to see if whave the ability to add certain pics to profiles for display to see if can be done.

Locked threads- definitely...I'll start doing that. I've been on forums in the past where reason was given...but hopefully I won't have to lock anymore threads. cyclops

GeneraLee27 wrote:
What about a type of topic that let's everybody post on it?
When you say everybody...do you mean guest, or people not registered? I have it set up to where a guest can view 90% of the site, but if they want to respond or reply or inquire...they will have to register. This will somewhat control trolls...you can't fully control them...but it will slow them down a lil.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 1:11 pm

I mean a topic that everybody can modify the main post and then others can comment on that topic like normal if there's nothing they want to add.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Wishlist Thread.   Official Wishlist Thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Wishlist Thread.
Page 1 of 1