[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Casting Call: Killzone

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

Casting Call: Killzone Empty
PostSubject: Casting Call: Killzone   Casting Call: Killzone EmptyThu Mar 12, 2009 11:28 pm

I could easily see Killzone being a movie and a good one at that. They have never been able to make a really GREAT videogame movie. It's the fact that games are an experience, rather than just a narrative and no one has been able to translate that to a great story just yet. Right now Halo and Metal Gear Solid are in the works, but I'm not looking forward to either of those.

Halo's art design is just lame and a little TOO sci-fi for a war movie (Doom, Starship Troopers anyone), it usually comes off as being cheesy and low budget looking. Not to mention Master Chief is a faceless character, Denzel Washington wants to play him, but WHO is Master Chief really?

MGS suffers from the games being designed like movies in the first place. Hideo Kojima keeps pumping out masterpiece after masterpiece and it would take a hell of an effort to get it right. Not to mention Snake's story has been told in it's entirety. So unless Kojima wrote and/or directed it (right now he's not up to do either), I don't think they'd do it justice.

But Killzone on the other hand would make for a great movie, it's got a good story for a war epic and great art design (which is grounded in reality and not TOO far fetched). As well as a group of characters we've come to know, but haven't been developed yet. I can see it in the mold of Alien or the new Terminator. What do you say Movement?
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Killzone   Casting Call: Killzone EmptyFri Mar 13, 2009 3:14 am

I think it would make a good movie. Video game movies SUCK though. Name one good one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Killzone   Casting Call: Killzone EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 3:50 am

That's my whole point, there hasn't been a GREAT one yet. Tomb Raider wasn't bad and they're rebooting it, so it may get better. They're also talking about a Castlevania movie as well as the others I've mentioned.

They haven't been able to get it right yet. I think Killzone could because it has a story set in place, but the script could be flexible enough to build a great movie around it.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Killzone   Casting Call: Killzone EmptySun Mar 15, 2009 10:44 am

Tomb Raider was terrible IMO. I felt bad for the game and Angelina Jolie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Casting Call: Killzone   Casting Call: Killzone Empty

Back to top Go down

Casting Call: Killzone
Page 1 of 1