[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

$100 million Quarterback Club

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

$100 million Quarterback Club Empty
PostSubject: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:25 am

Question Are Manning and Rivers really worth it?? Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:45 am

tuffmuff wrote:
Question Are Manning and Rivers really worth it?? Question

There's only two QBs worthy of this reward....Brady & Manning....Peyton that is.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

PostSubject: Re: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:46 am

I can't belive were having this discussion about E, don't piss me off. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 10:58 am

TonyAlmighty wrote:
I can't belive were having this discussion about E, don't piss me off. Evil or Very Mad

Me neither...b/c he's not even in the same classification as the Quarterbacks I've mentioned. Peyton and Tom are 1a & 1b as for elite QBs in the league...when it comes down to not just titles, but consistently puting up the numbers to match. Outside of that, you have a group of QBs lumped together.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 11:48 am

E has come into his own and is an elite QB now. He's definetly not Brady who is THAT dude and he may not have put up the career numbers and consistency of his bro, I'd put him at the top of that remaining pack.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 12:59 pm

TonyAlmighty wrote:
E has come into his own and is an elite QB now. He's definetly not Brady who is THAT dude and he may not have put up the career numbers and consistency of his bro, I'd put him at the top of that remaining pack.

He's not elite. Elite is best of the best...that group consists of Peyton and Brady. Then you have good QBs, avg Qbs, and below avg Qbs. I would say he's a good QB. Many think he's digressed from the previous year. I think the previous year he benefited from a Dominant D-Line, he had a security blanket in Burress which was taken away this year, and over all the team played good late in the year last year...which they didnt do this year, which many will always look at QB play first.

But when you talk about the Good QBs, you have to look at Brees first and then probably Donnie Mc5, and Ben R... first before Eli. You also have some idiots that are ready to throw Flacco and Ryan in there also. I think Rivers and Eli are pretty much equal...they will forever be linked together, but both have eratic play and are inconsistent, but can play good at times.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 1:03 pm

They're way too inconsistent to me to be worth $100 million. Although I'm also of the same opinion that Romo wasn't/isn't worth the money he got. IMO.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 1:19 pm

tuffmuff wrote:
They're way too inconsistent to me to be worth $100 million. Although I'm also of the same opinion that Romo wasn't/isn't worth the money he got. IMO.

He's immature. He regressed also. He went form a good QB to an avg. qb. He got the money he got just due off how the system is based in free agency. He would've received more, had he tested free agency. The money he got,.... he earned, prior to this year....check his numbers as a starter. As opposed to Jamarcus Russell who came in the league making the same amount....as a ROOKIE and never threw a pass in the league. Same thing goes for Matt Schaub and teh contract he received. But that's the way the CBA...collective bargaining agreement...is set up. Same thing would happen this year to Matt Cassell....but he'll get fanchised, so it won't happen.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 1:47 pm

Didn't know all of that. I think they all make too much money. Smile Matt Schaub is ok but sure can be a goober sometimes. Sometimes I'm like "awesome!" and other times I'm like "wtf?!?!"

100 million though... for those other guys.... NO WAY. I read that and nearly fell over.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 2:01 pm

Another thing you have to keep in mind is...in the NFL, the contracts aren't guaranteed, opposed to the NBA or MLB. The good front offices know how to "back-end" most of that money towards the latter end of their contracts...to where after a couple of years, when the player either starts struggling or gets older...they can release them. The Guranteed amount is what boosts the overall amount of the contracts, b/c that's what they will see for sure...which comes in the signing bonus, which has to be paid out.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Didn't know that either. Its very interesting...
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 2:17 pm

Quote :
Didn't know all of that. I think they all make too much money.
The way I see it, the players should get all this dough in general. Reason being is that the owners make billions and we would'nt even be having this convo is the owners didn't have enough to throw around. Don't get me wrong, we have assholes that're way overpaid, but when you realize the owners basically have a license to steal, it all make sense. Take my Yanks and Mets and Par's Rodeoclowns, now these squads are at the top of the list as the two most valubale sports franchises in the world, with the Yanks and 'Clowns worth over a billion each. They're all getting new stadiums and yet most people can't even afford to get decent seats to even see them play.

Shit, I dont wanna even know what types of hoes, booze, drugs and guns ol' Jerry is gonna be running over there in Dallas, but the stadium costs a fucking BILLION! And I can imagine what ticket prices are gonna be like. That lil prick Daniel Snyder who owns the 'Skins, charges fans admission and parking for TRAINING CAMP! With a country-wide recession going on and NY state having our own budget problems. Mayor Bitchburg is trying to run a side deal to give Stenbrenner EXTRA funds to finish the stadium with our taxpayer dollars. And in return the mayor wants boxseats from the Yanks and the Mets. Those seats can go for 5-figures for the season and dude is trying to get them for free. Like The Mets or Yanks need any extra funds for anything! Evil or Very Mad

Bron said it best in regards to the speculation that (God wiling) he'll come to the Knicks,
Quote :
A franchise is going to do what's best for the franchise, and the players, for some odd reason, when a player does what's best for the player, it comes back and almost looks bad. But when a franchise decides to give up on a player, then it's OK. So we've got to do what's best for us.
So I can (most of the time) understand why the players and even the staff act selfish sometimes, coaches get it the worst! When you see crazy shit like Denver fucking Shanahan like that, it reminds you that it's all a business. And ESPECIALLY in the NFL where your dough isn't 100% guaranteed as "Jay Madden" pointed out.

Last edited by TonyAlmighty on Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 2:46 pm

As long as there is a demand...seats will be filled, especially in major markets. For every regular Joe that can sit his behind in a seat...there is a corporation that will purchase seats and place execs, family, and prize winners in those seats.

It is what it is.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 2:53 pm

Quote :
As long as there is a demand...seats will be filled, especially in major markets. For every regular Joe that can sit his behind in a seat...there is a corporation that will purchase seats and place execs, family, and prize winners in those seats.

It is what it is.

Oh yeah, of couse, but with technolgy these days I'd rather watch the shit in my crib on my HD, 9/10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: $100 million Quarterback Club   $100 million Quarterback Club Empty

Back to top Go down

$100 million Quarterback Club
Page 1 of 1