[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-

Go down 
+4
garwar
GenXGamer
prboi400
JayGood
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:45 pm

eh hem.......who called it? 70+ million subscribers.....DAMN that's alotta info......

What i am most curious about it how do you transfer all the game data to your new account.....???

Not saved data I'm talkin about all the online shit you bought.....PS3 whiting out was never a real tough stresser because you could always re-download everything using your account name because PSN remembers what you buy....However, if you do as they are suggesting you're gonna want to make a new account, utilizing another card, another email address, etcetera etcetera etcetera.......how are you to access all those add-ons/games/costumes blah blah blah, do you see my point?
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 4:54 pm

wow....now i get what you and jay were talking about pr and jay damn....i never thought of it that way, have had my identity stolen before so we already take precautions to begin with so but damn....never thought i could sue over it, but now that one thinks about it, sure would have been useful to know about being more vigilant about my account that it's on.....oh well no since crying over spilt milk....we all knew the risks when we signed up......all those assholes are gonna is make Sony wanna kill PSN or start charging for it....whatever

Hey did anyone else notice a post earlier telling us to delete all online names to replace them with a new one??? i cannot find that article and i know i read that sometime last night as i was going over articles and whatnot

more info a Frequently asked Questions session with sony:

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=2356

Back to top Go down
garwar
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
garwar

Post # : 239

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 8:01 am

I read that too somewhere gen. thats got me the most worried. ive spent alot of time on warhawk and im thinking this means i have to start over. Not happy about that at all. I hope im wrong.

standing
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Post # : 852

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 10:51 am

Yea the email I recieved said this:

Quote :
Although we are still investigating the details of this incident,
we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following
information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country,
email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login,
and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data,
including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip),
and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may
have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your
dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have
been obtained. While there is no evidence at this time that credit
card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have
provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity,
out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit
card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have
been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email,
telephone and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive
information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email,
asking for your credit card number, social security number or other
personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information,
you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation
Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that
you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation
Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or
accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them as well.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:58 am

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/139672/20110429/psn-attempt-to-sell-2-2-million-credit-card-numbers-back-to-sony.htm

This is not looking good for Sony, especially with that class action lawsuit....

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 3:20 pm

"Unless you’ve been away on vacation for the past couple weeks, chances are you’ve been inconvenienced by the PlayStation Network being down. Sony has been working day and night to restore the service since it was taken down for maintenance on April 19th. While some questions have been answered, consumers are becoming frustrated, and as a result Sony is planning a meeting.

A press release by Sony states that they’ll be holding a press conference regarding the recent attacks on the PSN. Kaz Hirai, Sony’s executive deputy president, will be speaking tonight at around 6:00PM PST, or 9:00PM EST. During the conference it has been stated that they’ll cover more details on what has happened, when the PSN will be back up, and more."

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/04/30/sony-schedules-press-conference-to-discuss-the-status-and-future-of-psn/
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 9:00 pm

After all this Sony should come up with some kind of reward to make it up to us. Maybe a free 3 month sub to ps + for everyone!
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 12:44 pm

Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:18 pm

SWEET! cheers Oh yeah Body Roc Drink up Can\'t touch this... Good Post
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 2:50 pm

So does that mean the it will be back up today? It said this week and was posted yesterday.
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Sunday is actually the first day of the week so by next Saturday.
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptySun May 01, 2011 3:20 pm

Proof! Pissed off
Back to top Go down
young_gunna
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
young_gunna

Post # : 251

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:26 pm

-___- .
Back to top Go down
trailside13
Civilian
trailside13

Post # : 819

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:08 pm

Lol I heard that Sony got hacked again just now.. I don't know if it's true though. Was on the news just now o_o
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptyWed May 04, 2011 12:40 am

How the fuck did they get hacked again when the psn is down?
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 11:51 am

The SOE server was breached. That's the Online Computer segment. There's another MMO they have going, along with DCUO for computer users. That's what was hacked.

Honestly...I had a feeling, the way they initially handled the situation, that it was going to be a while before it came back up. That's why I didnt even bother even trying to predict when it would be back up. Anytime you're talking about personal info exposed via a breach...that's a major problem, and not handled in a couple of days. It's one thing to hack and take down a network for laughs...but to gather MILLIONS of personal info including credit card info, that's a major issue. The government has now gotten involved, along with Sony receiving it's 2nd and I think 3rd, class action lawsuit.

Sit back...relax, kick your shoes off, getcha plenty of refreshments, b/c next week will be a month kids...lol. They are going to try their hardest to make sure this doesnt happen again, but it's useless. There is no impregnable sytem...if people want in, they will get in. Hell...keep in mind, they hacked and got the President's cell and info not too long ago.

They're trying to say for those that don't have PSPlus...a month trial period for them, and unspecified downloads, which will probably be cheesy games. I know DCUO, is retroing downtime for they're subscribers, and having a couple of DLC items for the inconv.

All that's cheap to me...I rather see what comes about in the Class Action Lawsuits.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:55 pm

Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:48 pm

Damn after reading that article it sounds like Sony is in some deep shit!
Back to top Go down
young_gunna
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
young_gunna

Post # : 251

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:35 am

guys i think its time for a xbox -__-
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptySat May 07, 2011 11:55 am

Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 1:07 pm

5/31/11 is the targeted date....though it could be longer, or a few days short of that.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2011/05/report-sony-plans-to-fully-reboot-playstation-network-by-may-31/1

Sounds about right to what I was initially saying on a massive system breach..this will end up being over a month.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptyMon May 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Hopefully the wait is worth it id hate to see this happen again.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptyFri May 13, 2011 4:11 pm

Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 EmptySat May 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-   PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_- - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

PSN is Down (Possibly Inteferred) -_-
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*  :: Sony Entertainment Network Content :: Sony Entertainment Network - SEN-
Jump to: