[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warhawk Tournament

Go down 
+9
ckeithmcc
trailside13
Bouwser
prboi400
garwar
JayGood
Jake1Jeckel
beachy437
Hells
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 7:43 pm

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/26/warhawk-tournament-2010/

Warhawk Tournament 2010!

Posted by Dylan Jobe // President, LightBox Interactive

On the heels of our recent price-drop for Warhawk, and for all of our fans both rookies and veterans, we have decided to hold a new Warhawk Competition!Many of us here in the States have been spending way too much time staring at our brackets so we?re opting not to do a traditional ?bracketed? tournament based on teams or clans. Instead, we?re going to make this competition more accommodating of the individual player by hosting special Capture the Flag Servers that players can join and play on. These servers will have their stats tracked separately for the duration of the competition, specifically Points earned, and these stats will be displayed on a new Tab labeled ?TOURNY? that we are adding to the Warhawk website and this new tab will process and update all the player data periodically ? so if you get a kill or flag capture and then *immediately* go check the ?TOURNY? Tab, just be aware that the server churns all the data every 6 hours and your fine, fine combat skills may take a bit of time to be displayed :-)

So here are the ground rules:

-Competition starts on April 2nd at 5am Pacific Time and will run through May 3rd at 5am Pacific Time.

-Players must play on Official SONY Servers named ?Tournament-CTF-1,2,3, etc.?

-Competition is open to North American *AND* European players.

-The top 50 players that have earned the most Points on these designated servers will win the competition.

Winners will receive the very rare Champions Blade! It?s an in-game weapon like a trophy that you can bash people with. You?ll also get a special edition Warhawk shirt for your avatar in HOME ? only available to the winners of this competition!

So?

Start sharpening your skills and get ready for the competition ? an who knows, you may even run into a dev or two ;-)

Rock on,

-Dylan
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 7:51 pm

So it looks like it wont be GGL like I was saying all along. \

It doesn't appear that it will be a legit tourny either seeing as how the top 50 flag whores will win the competition. I bet it will be the people playing 24/7. There isn't even any incentive for the loyal players to participate other than a Warhawk t-shirt for Home.
Back to top Go down
beachy437
Civilian
beachy437

Post # : 64

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 7:56 pm

dang im kind of disappointed
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 7:59 pm

Me too...

The prize SHOULD have been an exclusive weapon for Starhawk or something.
Back to top Go down
Jake1Jeckel
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Jake1Jeckel

Post # : 346

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 3:19 am

well y dont everybody in the clan flood these servers as much as we can. instead of j hosting a mvmt server we could flood a single tourney server durein js normal server times just for this one month. instead of joinin your friends server when the clans not on....join a tourny server. this shouldnt be a problem for me. the only ppl who play more than me is 12 year olds with no REAL friends.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 9:37 am

We've been flooding here of late...but every time we flood we always get kicked.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
Jake1Jeckel
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Jake1Jeckel

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 10:43 am

aint that the point of floodin....to make ppl realize that they are to weak to handle what they do bein done to them.
plus the tourny server will be official which means no kiks. id like to see the majority of the winners be members of mvmt. that would prove that just cuz were not #1 on ggl or gb doesnt mean were not the best.

BECAUSE WE ARE!!!
Back to top Go down
garwar
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
garwar

Post # : 239

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:40 pm

A couple of questions for ya Hells. So you dont have to sign up for this?? We just go to those servers and it auto tracks us??? I can play at least 4 hours every day and i was thinking about becoming a flag whore...lol The thing i dont understand is why they just dont sell accessories like hatchets and samari swords hell maybe even a light saber. I bet it would generate alot of revenue .

Standing
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:41 pm

The only way the flooding would work is if there is enough room in one of those servers to fit a decent number of us. Even so, the competition is not team or clan oriented. It is focused on individual points scored.

Those servers will be nothing but chaos. Don't expect to see much teamwork because everyone will be going for the flag and even your team will be hoping you die if you HAVE the flag so they can pick it up and score it.
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 12:42 pm

garwar wrote:
A couple of questions for ya Hells. So you dont have to sign up for this?? We just go to those servers and it auto tracks us??? I can play at least 4 hours every day and i was thinking about becoming a flag whore...lol The thing i dont understand is why they just dont sell accessories like hatchets and samari swords hell maybe even a light saber. I bet it would generate alot of revenue .

Standing

From what I understand, you don't have to sign up for anything. Just play in the servers and they will keep track of your stats.
Back to top Go down
garwar
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
garwar

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Thats what i thought . Thanks.

standing
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Post # : 852

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 2:57 pm

Trash Fuck That Shit.
Back to top Go down
Jake1Jeckel
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Jake1Jeckel

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 3:26 pm

yeah but if we can flood one we would have a better chance of winning. we could take turns capin the flag and we would have no problem gettin kills bein that we are all good. plus each game we win is 50 extra points each. and we could stay in for several games. i dont know about yall but i will be in them only for that month. only thing to worry about is pussies on oppisite teams workin together.

question is...will other clans be doing the same?
Back to top Go down
Bouwser
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Bouwser

Post # : 173

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 8:12 pm

that sucks balls I was looking forward to this

Work--Play--Game (Mvmt)Bouwser
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:16 pm

Another thing is that if you win, you get that ugly ass battle axe. That's enough for me to avoid winning. I like my knife.

I like your enthusiasm Jake but everyone sharing flag caps isn't going to get you the same amount of points as someone that's only in it for themselves. Teamwork will not be a factor here. The top 50 people with the most points will win.

Not trying to burst your bubble but there will be a lot of players playing more than a few hours a day for a month... more like all day every day for a month.

I'm going to join one of these servers to see if I can get at least one flag cap.
Back to top Go down
trailside13
Civilian
trailside13

Post # : 819

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 12:40 am

Lol what I"m thinking about doing is sabotage. I'll probably go into some severs sometimes and mess up their way of capping flags. If I see someone just keep capping I'm gonna teamkill Razz since it's a server that you can't get really be kicked by the host why not just stop some people from ruining other people's chances.
Back to top Go down
Jake1Jeckel
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Jake1Jeckel

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:59 am

Hells......i go to work at 4 and get home at 12. i play till 10am go to bed and start over. i do this 5 days a week. monday night after work i play for 24 hours strait. so i go to bed around 1am tuesday night. i get up around noon wednesday. then i play till 6 or 7am thursday and go back to work at 4. (sometimes dont sleep just play till work) only taking breaks for bathroom food and store visits. some random point between monday night and thursday mornin i take an hour or two to spend with my girl. my playin time is divided between 4 accounts. if i put all that time in one account ill be sure to get enough points. also some nights my girl dont come over so i get an extra hour to play.
if your skeptical about how much i play look at the times i post on the forum......i also take short breaks periodically to check the forum.
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:06 pm

LOL Well it looks like you have a shot. Good luck, man.
Back to top Go down
ckeithmcc
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
ckeithmcc

Post # : 46

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:39 pm

y 4 different accounts? @ jake
Back to top Go down
Jake1Jeckel
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Jake1Jeckel

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:23 pm

different friends dirrerent clans.
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:02 pm

Different clans? Why would you need more than one clan? Looks like The Mvmt isn't cutting it for you. Sounds like you're doing what LouSobaken was doing before he "left" the clan... but that's going off the topic.
Back to top Go down
garwar
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
garwar

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:26 pm

I dont understand the different account thing either. lol

standing
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:43 am

LOL appearantly you DO NOT COMPREHEND THE WORDS, LOYALTY, HONOR, COURAGE, WHY YOU GOT A BACK UP CLAN??? FOR MOST OF US THERE IS ONLY THE MOVEMENT APPEARANTLY IT WASN'T CLEAR WHAT IT MEANS TO JOIN THIS CLAN BOYO......

YES IT'S TRUE THAT OTHER'S IN THE PAST HAVE HAD OTHER CLAN MEMBERSHIP IN THE PAST, BUT THEY GAVE THEM UP FOR THE BEST DAMNED CLAN ON THE PLANET TO CALL HOME.

IF YOU'RE NOT SURE ABOUT WHERE YOUR LOYALTIES LIE, MAYBE THEY TRULY LIE ELSEWHERE AND THE MOVEMENT JUST AIN'T THE RIGHT PLACE FOR YA...

HMM???? CURIOUS........
Back to top Go down
Jake1Jeckel
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Jake1Jeckel

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 1:57 am

whoa horsey......ive had these accounts way berore i was in the mvmt. (except the new one). like i said i play alot and alot of the time you guys aint on. the clans im in are MY clans. (or worriors) i dont have account in clans like nme or bow or bow2 or any other known clans. soometimes im on by myself so i have accounts i can switch to so i can play with other friends that are on. ive also takin over some of my bros accounts since they dont play nemore. as i stated in the 'what the mvmt means to me' thread i made a lot of enemies with good ppl b4 i lost my net last year. one of the main reasons i retired hack. with these accounts i can still be friends with them. (Fire_X_Ball shannondean greg3058 etc. the new account im in my clan by myself and will stay that way. i also use these accounts to practice proflight and noscopeing. and finding secrets. my other clans/accounts are in no way meant to bring any disrespect to mvmt. this is my home and hopefully always will be.
Back to top Go down
Jake1Jeckel
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Jake1Jeckel

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 2:02 am

the sig is awesome Jay...thank you.

Last edited by Jake1Jeckel on Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Warhawk Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warhawk Tournament   Warhawk Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

Warhawk Tournament
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next