[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PS3 3.15 System Software Update

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

PS3 3.15 System Software Update Empty
PostSubject: PS3 3.15 System Software Update   PS3 3.15 System Software Update EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 4:42 pm

Posted by Eric Lempel // Director, PlayStation Network Operations

Hi everyone, PlayStation 3 (PS3) will receive its next system software update shortly – v. 3.15. This is an optional update, and it enables existing PS3 owners who purchase a new PS3 system (perhaps as a second unit for the household) to transfer their content from their current PS3 to the new system. Content such as games, game save data, and videos downloaded from PlayStation Network can be transferred to the new PS3 system and deleted from the current PS3 system. Other content, including personal media files (photos, music, videos), can be copied onto the new PS3 and remain on the current PS3 system.

Here’s a quick primer on how the Data Transfer Utility works (UPDATED).

Data Transfer Utility

1. Connect both PS3 (A) and PS3 (B) to the TV. (Please note, do not unplug any cables when the PS3 power is on.) Turn both the current PS3 (A) and new PS3 (B) on and connect them with a LAN cable; Please note, firmware (v3.15) must be installed on both systems.
2. On the XMB of PS3 (A), scroll to the Settings category and select [System Settings] and then [Data Transfer Utility]
3. Follow the instructions on-screen and transfer data
4. After transferring the data, follow the instructions on-screen
5. If content that was downloaded from PlayStation Store was transferred as part of this operation, you must activate PS3 (B) before you can use the data. Log in to the PS3 system as the user who owns the content, and then select (PlayStation Network) > (Account Management) > (System Activation) to activate the system.

More details on Data Transfer Utility will be available here once the firmware update is live.

“minis”

The 3.15 update also enables “minis” to be played on a PS3 system. As we’ve reported here before, “minis” launched on PlayStation Network this fall in conjunction with the launch of PSPgo. These bite-sized games offer a more casual experience and are ideal for shorter gameplay sessions. Now PS3 owners will be able to play “minis,” and those who own both a PS3 and PSP system will be able to play on either platform. “minis” for the PS3 system will be available for download on PlayStation Store in the coming weeks. If you’ve purchased any “minis” already for your PSP and the title becomes available for PS3, you’ll simply need to download the title to your PS3.

As always, we look forward to your feedback.

So when Sony makes an "optional" update, is it really to fix the previous update? My PS3 freezes a lot while on the browser since the last update. There are a lot of people complaining on the official forums too.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

PostSubject: Re: PS3 3.15 System Software Update   PS3 3.15 System Software Update EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:02 pm

I wish they had the Data Transfer option when I swapped my Fat for my Slim!! It was a pain getting all my content over.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: PS3 3.15 System Software Update   PS3 3.15 System Software Update EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:09 pm

Hmmmm...

I wish it would fix the freezing issues with my profile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: PS3 3.15 System Software Update   PS3 3.15 System Software Update EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 5:21 pm

PS3 3.15 System Software Update HardNipples
santa
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: PS3 3.15 System Software Update   PS3 3.15 System Software Update EmptyThu Dec 10, 2009 8:51 pm

you have a picture for everything dont you? oh well
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: PS3 3.15 System Software Update   PS3 3.15 System Software Update EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 4:03 am

PS3 3.15 System Software Update Jack%20Nicholson%20%20in%20%27%20A%20Few%20Good%20Men%27
YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! disgust
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: PS3 3.15 System Software Update   PS3 3.15 System Software Update EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:30 pm

Nice. Too bad I already have my stuff backed up on my external. I'm preping for the YLOD. I plan on trading it out here in a couple of weeks, to beat it happening. We'll see though.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

PostSubject: Re: PS3 3.15 System Software Update   PS3 3.15 System Software Update EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:35 pm

Why you prepping for the YLOD? Is it something that's expected of all PS3s? Mine has been acting weird the last couple of months.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: PS3 3.15 System Software Update   PS3 3.15 System Software Update EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:46 pm

I keep all my stuff backed up weekly. Sometimes if I'm playing a game real hard I back up daily. I'm always worried about the YLOD. My system is an original so its old. I have another in the bedroom that rarely gets used thats newer. Its my back-up. I really want a slim though so I might be getting one of those next year. I'll probably wait til my original gives out though.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: PS3 3.15 System Software Update   PS3 3.15 System Software Update EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 1:52 pm

Hells wrote:
Why you prepping for the YLOD? Is it something that's expected of all PS3s? Mine has been acting weird the last couple of months.

I'm just noid. I have original launch 60GB. Majority of the people I know, and on my list that have this one...theirs went down the shitter. Some of em are here. I did a lil research on it...and it seems like I'm a good candidate. Noisy...really really hot at times, makes clicking sounds...some of the info and pictures/music can be display as corrupted...sounds like an old hag I'm describing. I just want to be prepared. Nothing like your shit crashing, and you have no way of salvaging game saves. The purchasable stuff can always be re downloaded from PSN.

PS3 is not as bad as X-Box with the 3 Rings...but it does happen, and quite often.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: PS3 3.15 System Software Update   PS3 3.15 System Software Update EmptyFri Dec 11, 2009 3:22 pm

My brother's been through 2 Xbox already. POS.
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: PS3 3.15 System Software Update   PS3 3.15 System Software Update EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 6:31 am

first of all, MMMMMM Freezing,,,,,,,,,
that being said am glad for the reminder ya'll. I should know better than anyone about this subject but have gotten laxed as of late i back up all my saved game data onto a 4 gig flashdrive but haven't done so in a couple of months........
Hell's its a real bitch losing all that saved data. you start from scratch. and one never thinks about it until it's too late.... the only problem with some games though is they won't let you save to an outside source like Street Fighter IV.....it don't too long to get it back and like jay said you can re-retrieve the downloaded data from PS Store downloads file section, they keep track of everything you have downloaded. i thought that was nice of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 3.15 System Software Update   PS3 3.15 System Software Update Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1