[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Clanmember Nickname

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

Official Clanmember Nickname Empty
PostSubject: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 4:11 am

I think it's annoying to constantly have to refer to us as "clanmembers", so I figured it would be cool to give us a nickname like a sports franchise (New York Yankees, Boston Celtics). So Good and I decided to hold a clan poll to decide our new nickname.

So everyone is gonna post all the idea's they have for a good nickname, as many GOOD ones as you can think of. Good and I are gonna take the best five and make that our official poll selections, where we will all vote for the best one to be our official clan nickname. We're gonna leave the initial selction up for a couple of weeks to let everyone get a chance to vote.

Remember it has to be GOOD choices, no BS or jokes people (like Helmets, I see you Gunna Laughing). Remember it's gonna be The Movement _ _ _ _ _. Something that has a ring to it, something goes good with Movement, something that will be used to describe all of us always.

Here's some references...

http://www.logoserver.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._college_team_nicknames
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/index.jsp
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:49 am

I love this idea and will think on it for my ideas...

The Movement Muffs... LMAO! JUST Kidding!!!!!! I'll post serious ones when I have some time to think about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 2:26 pm

That's a good one, however clanmembers is universal, as in everyone knows that means fellow clansmen. i always thought it was funny how that nickname took off on ps3 as a whole due to the negativity surrounding it, you know like whitey droppin' the N' bomb. hmph. you know what i mean. it'll be interesting to see what everyone comes up with. unfortunately am suffering from writer's block and cannot come up with anything witty or clever at the moment will definately follow this thread to see how things develop... is there a time limit or are we gonna give this a few weeks to see how it pans out?
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 3:52 pm

Well Gen, after those few rounds of MW2, we've realized that videogames and politics don't mix. :LOL: . Yeah, you guys think of some good ones after the holiday, I will as well.

"Muffs". LOL, I'd rather play in traffic. Should'nt you be in the damn kitchen?! LMAO!
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 6:28 pm

maybe that's why she was distracted???? enough time cooking a turkey to hop online to forum but not think too hard
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 8:10 pm

"Legion"... as in we are The Movement Legion, for we are many.

So let's say someone wants to join, they can let us know they want to be part of the Legion. We can also refer to each other as fellow Legion.

LEGION: [lee-juhn]
1.a military or semimilitary unit.
2.a division of the Roman army, usually comprising 3000 to 6000 soldiers.
3.any large group of armed men.

That's my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Okay, we got our first entry, keep em coming for the next couple of weeks Movement. Well this is supposed to be a nicknames to describe each member, so singular nicknames will not work well with an already singular clan name.
^
Legionaires maybe, Hells??
^
A woman's place is in the kitchen Gen, that's why laptops and smartphones come in pink, LMFAO!
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:49 pm

LOL pink, nice one hell's Legionaire also came to mind then it was that demon Legion from the bible next, however it's coolest so far, and at first thought i liked it too, however, that was my block earlier, like tony said something that inspires team mentality without the pointy hat imagary..... i get blocked up trying to come up with something along the military lines. Shipmates won't work but was a squid once upon a time and teammates is all that comes to mind for everything else.... so swing away merrill, swing away..... keep em coming shipwrecks eventually someone's gonna stumble across the perfect name....
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 3:40 am

Well I didnt like Legionaire because it reminds me of disease. I posted on there the definition of Legion to show how I meant it. It was just what first came to mind.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 4:04 pm

Naw, it's good man, keep coming up with ideas. Just make sure they're not singular, because were already THE Movement, we'll have people calling us THE Legion and shit. "Movement Legionaires"
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 5:15 pm

Legion isn't singular.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 6:43 pm

grammatically speaking "legion" is one thing... a unit etc... its singular
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 8:06 pm

LOL i keep thinking of the bible on this one guys, sorry, not to be ideological and all, on the up side i kinda like it, "We are Legion, for We are Many....."

And like hell's comment i agree with not liking the Legionaire's because of the disease.....

And lastly muffy my darling, It is a singular that discribes a large amount of military personal.....

Wikipedia States...
Legion originally described a unit of the ancient Roman army. While the word still often has military connotations, "legion" also has many other uses.
The Roman legion was the basic military unit of the ancient Roman army. A full-strength legion contained 10,000 men, though it was not uncommon for most legions to be undermanned due to previous battles. In modern times, however, the term "legion" usually denotes a special unit clearly distinguished from others, often including soldiers with either a specific national or ethnic origin and/or a specific political, ideological or religious allegiance.
Legion of the United States, an early United States land force

The Movement's Legion............For We Are Many........
[b][i]
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 9:28 pm

I'm glad SOMEBODY gets it. Thanks Gen.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptyFri Nov 27, 2009 11:02 pm

I get you Hells, but singular nicknames aren't an option.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 12:32 am

I get it also but like I said... its SINGULAR

The Movement Legion is grammatically correct as it fits into describing the clan as a WHOLE (singular)

However I can't say "he's a fellow legion" as it wouldn't make any sense.... ya see? That would be like saying he's a fellow CLAN.

That's all I was saying. No need for sensitivity.
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 1:42 am

Actually tuff the way YOU'RE putting is making it singular. Saying "he's a fellow legion" is different from saying "he's legion".

Either way go ahead and withdraw my suggestion. Rather than you guys just taking it as a suggestion, which is all it was, you've turned it into a debate. Legion the way I meant it refers to many... no ifs, ands or butts. It doesn't have to be what we call the clan. It was just a suggestion.

I suppose the Miami Heat are retards for calling their team something singular. LOL
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 3:28 am

who's the miami heat and don't worry hells i feel ya dog.....

Still lagging with the other suggestions though.......maybe when others decide to chime in it would be more fun.....
Again i keep coming up short.....
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 6:14 am

Quote :
Actually tuff the way YOU'RE putting is making it singular. Saying "he's a fellow legion" is different from saying "he's legion".

Either way go ahead and withdraw my suggestion. Rather than you guys just taking it as a suggestion, which is all it was, you've turned it into a debate. Legion the way I meant it refers to many... no ifs, ands or butts. It doesn't have to be what we call the clan. It was just a suggestion.

I suppose the Miami Heat are retards for calling their team something singular. LOL

Ok Hells, maybe you just don't what we mean. The "Movement" is not a city or state, that is our CLAN NAME and it's ALREADY singular. If we put a singular nickname, it's redundant and diminishes our clan name. Because if we put something like Legion or Force or something, people will start to call us The Legion or The Force and NOT The Movement.

We're already identified as a group by "The Movement", we're just trying to come up with a NICKNAME TO IDENTIFY INDIVIDUAL MEMBERS AND SOMETHING SINGULAR WILL NOT WORK. We're not trying to turn this into a debate, Hells. We just wan't everyone to undestand what we're looking for, that's all dude.

Quote :
who's the miami heat and don't worry hells i feel ya dog.....

Still lagging with the other suggestions though.......maybe when others decide to chime in it would be more fun.....
Again i keep coming up short.....

The Heat is an NBA team Gen and the other guys are probably just coming down off the holiday, that's why were gonna leave voting up for a couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 9:21 am

Saying he's Legion would be like saying he's Movement

The Miami Heat is their name... like The Movement is our name. Heat is not a nickname for their players. I doubt they refer to each other as Heat.

No one is withdrawing your suggestion Hells we're just discussing it. I don't understand why you get so worked up when someone either disagrees or discusses ideas or things you bring up. Its like no one can remotely challenge your ideas without you getting mad.

Obviously ANY idea that ANYONE brings to the table is going to be discussed so why so sensitive?
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 1:54 pm

Who wouldn't get defensive about their suggestion which is the ONLY suggestion so far, getting shot down as if it were the final decision. You guys turned my suggestion into a debate when all you had to do was accept it as an opinion. This whole thread so far has been about my one word that I suggested. All I have to say about that is "WOW!". I really don't care what anyone calls each other. In the end I will still refer to everyone as clanmembers or clanmates but that's just me.

Tony started this thread and asked for opinions or suggestions. As the original poster of the thread, the right thing to do when starting a thread that asks for opinions, is to make an opinion of his own which he failed to do. The reason I get worked up is because it seems like some people here don't respect other people's opinions and somehow feel like they have to chime in anytime they don't agree with an opinion. I respect other people's views and opinions because their opinions are theirs and I leave it at that. I don't make it a habit of posting to let them know I don't like their opinion or try to make them feel like they're wrong. I might even stop posting here all-together.

Just forget about the whole Legion thing. Now all I want is for you guys to understand that "Legion" is NOT singular.
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 2:46 pm

Legion is plural. hmmm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Clanmember Nickname   Official Clanmember Nickname Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Clanmember Nickname
Page 1 of 1