[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The BEST Way to Clean your '3

Go down 
+5
manny2921
tuffmuff
GeneraLee27
GenXGamer
TonyAlmighty
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

The BEST Way to Clean your '3 Empty
PostSubject: The BEST Way to Clean your '3   The BEST Way to Clean your '3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 4:26 am

It's common knowledge that overheating causes the Yellow Ring of Death. Dust is the major factor of overheating and the '3's glossy exterior is a dust magnet! An air canister and microfiber cloth has always been thought of as the way to go to make sure your system stays clean and dust free.

However I've recently discovered the best way to clean your system, a household vacuum. Compressed air canisters clear dust away for the vents to breath and your system to stay cool. The problem with game systems is that the dust will get blown internally into areas where dust usually go will not go. This isn't a problem with computers because they have stronger fans and much more ventilation. But with game systems, using compressed air is a temporary fix and you may do more gradual damage to your system over time.

I've done some research on many blogs, they and Sony themselves recommend that cleaning with a household vacuum is the best way to go to maintaining your system. I noticed that my fans have been getting very loud because my system is getting very hot despite my weekly cleaning with and air can. I bought a little $20 wireless Dirt Devil hand vac from Target and I clean my system with that. I've noticed a considerable improvement with my system after playing for hours on end.

Or you can just use the hose on a regular vacuum cleaner as well. But DO NOT use anything powerful like a Shop Vac or commercial vacuum cleaner because that may loosen internal parts and break your shit! Overheating probably isn't a problem for you guys with newer systems, because they're build a little better than the first ones that dropped. The newer ones run cooler, quieter and consume less power now. I have the 2007 60GB and some of you have the launch system from 2006!

So to protect your $400-$600 investment, a vacuum and microfiber cloth is the best way to go.
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Way to Clean your '3   The BEST Way to Clean your '3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 4:57 am

Great advice indeed and thanks for reminding me that i have to keep up on my refurbished POS.... will have to wait on the new one's to become backwards compatible again before i make a new purchase
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Way to Clean your '3   The BEST Way to Clean your '3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 5:43 am

That's exactly what I use. Just don't do it often.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Way to Clean your '3   The BEST Way to Clean your '3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 10:25 am

I vacuum mine occasionally. For the most part it stays fairly clean. I also have it completely out in the open. When I first bought it I stuck inside my entertainment system and it over heated the first day. I freaked out a little bit with the guy at gamestop. I think he thought I was psycho. Anyway... haven't had an overheating issue with it since.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
manny2921
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
manny2921

Post # : 218

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Way to Clean your '3   The BEST Way to Clean your '3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 5:38 pm

really i don't care if my shit overheat because i got a warranty BITCHES SO EAT IT ^-^!
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Way to Clean your '3   The BEST Way to Clean your '3 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 6:30 pm

LOL warranties don't last forever you Noob
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
BME123
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BME123

Post # : 73

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Way to Clean your '3   The BEST Way to Clean your '3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 6:06 pm

Thanks man I need to do this Razz
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Way to Clean your '3   The BEST Way to Clean your '3 EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 11:58 pm

I just recently sprayed mine with a can of air again. Still going to try to trade it in though.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
TX11
Civilian
TX11

Post # : 112

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Way to Clean your '3   The BEST Way to Clean your '3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 8:12 pm

i bought a 20 dollar base stand for the ps3 that plugs into one of the usb ports and lights up with blue neons around it. This base also came with screens in it that cover the intake vents so dush don't suck into the system. I got it on amazon. It doesn't protect all intake vents but the ones on the bottom of the ps3 when it is standing up. It works really well and the blue neons on it look cool too. But mainly i bought the base to add stability to the system because i keep mine standing on its side.
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Way to Clean your '3   The BEST Way to Clean your '3 EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:04 pm

If it's covering the vents in addition to neon lights, wont that make it overheat more?
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Way to Clean your '3   The BEST Way to Clean your '3 EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 4:03 am

TX11 wrote:
i bought a 20 dollar base stand for the ps3 that plugs into one of the usb ports and lights up with blue neons around it. This base also came with screens in it that cover the intake vents so dush don't suck into the system. I got it on amazon. It doesn't protect all intake vents but the ones on the bottom of the ps3 when it is standing up. It works really well and the blue neons on it look cool too. But mainly i bought the base to add stability to the system because i keep mine standing on its side.

You got any pics or a link of this contraption...sounds pretty tight.

Homeboy of mine had his ps3 painted...Candy Red.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The BEST Way to Clean your '3   The BEST Way to Clean your '3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The BEST Way to Clean your '3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*  :: Rally Central :: The Barracks-
Jump to: