[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Seth...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Seth...   Seth... EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 11:10 am

is a problem. I've only played the game a total of like 2 hours but I can't beat him...

Seth... Seth2_new_final_boss
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth...   Seth... EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 12:46 pm

Quote :
is a problem. I've only played the game a total of like 2 hours but I can't beat him...
Seth... Street11
"THONG, TH-THONG, THONG THONG!!!"

The AI in this one is tough, I play on Hard and dude will OWN your ass!!! The key to beating Seth Almighty is to stay away from him and fight him from a distance. Come in for short bursts and keep it moving cause he'll teleport all over the place.

Do you know how to use Focus Attacks, EX, Super and Ultra moves as well as Super Armor, Armor Breaks, dashing, cancelling as I recommended in my FAQ Muff? I stick to EX’s and Ultra’s, cause he uses EX’s a lot and you need to match them. I don’t use many Focus' because he’s a grappler (he’s good at EVERYTHING actually) and he’s reverses everything. Do this and hit him with those Ultra’s!

Last edited by TonyAlmighty on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth...   Seth... EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 2:59 pm

good lord. i cant do all that stuff....
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth...   Seth... EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 3:50 pm

Quote :
good lord. i cant do all that stuff....
Seth... KillBillVol2
So you DIDN'T read the book. study Your a fully decorated gamer now Muff, so I'm not gonna take it easy on you! Evil or Very Mad We're gonna get some blood, sweat and tears in here to turn you into a killer!
(I didn't mean us in the sack so stop fantasizing!)

• Focus Attacks
    A Focus Attack (sometimes known as a Saving Attack) is done by pressing the Medium Punch and Medium Kick buttons at the same time. This combines both defense and offense in one powerful package.

Your character will enter a special preparation pose, which will absorb one attack — which is usually referred to as having Super Armor — and then they'll unleash a move in retaliation.

Your character can only absorb one attack, and only then if it's not a throw or armor breaking move. Two or more attacks will knock your character out of their Focus Attack.

There are three levels of Focus Attacks depending on how long you hold down the buttons.

Level 1: Simply tap the buttons or release after a split second. Your character will launch a weak attack.

Level 2: Hold the buttons for about a second and you'll see your character flash. then release. This causes you to do a medium powered attack which will open up the other fighter for a combo if it lands.

Level 3: Hold the buttons for about 2 ½ seconds. This causes you to flash yellow and the resulting attack is unblockable, you can also combo after this move if it lands.

Absorbing a hit with a Focus Attack also builds Revenge Meter, used for executing an Ultra move.

• Throwing and Counter Throwing
    Throwing is done by pressing the Light Punch and Kick buttons at the same time when you're close to your opponent and holding back or towards. You can break your opponent's throw attempt by pressing the Light Punch and Kick buttons at the moment they try to throw you.

• Ultra Moves
    This is basically an enhanced super move, which you can execute by doing the same motion as your character's super move, but pressing all three punch or kick buttons instead of just one.

You can only perform an Ultra move by building up your Revenge Meter so its over half-full, then the word "Ultra" will light up meaning you can execute one. You build up Revenge Meter by taking damage.

Your Revenge Meter does not transfer over to the next round.

• Super Moves
    These are usually an enhanced special move. Most times they are executed by doing a double motion and pressing a punch or kick button.

Your Super Bar is the Blue meter at the bottom of the screen. The word, "Super!" appears when you've fully charged it, and then you can perform your character's applicable Super move.

• EX Moves
    EX moves are executed by pressing two punch or two kick buttons after doing the respective motion for a move. For example to execute Ryu's EX Hadoken (Fireball) you would do the down, down-forward, forward motion and press the Light and Medium punch buttons. Some players find it easier to press all three buttons at one time to help ensure their EX moves come out.

Doing an EX move takes away some of your Super meter.

• Dashing
    You can dash forwards or backwards by double tapping the joystick towards or away.

• Focus Attack Dash Canceling
    Sometimes referred to as a 'FADC' or a 'SADC'. After executing some special moves, you can Dash Cancel by pressing and holding the buttons for your Focus Attack and hitting forward twice and then releasing the Medium Punch and Kick buttons to cancel the animation to set up more hits in a combo.

This also takes part of your Super meter to do.

• Getting up quickly after a knock down
    When you're being knocked down, you can get up quickly by tapping down on the joystick when you're just about to hit the ground. Your character will rise up faster than they normally would, but this doesn't work with throws and some other attacks.

• Super Armor and Armor Breaking
    Some EX-Moves and all Focus Attacks allow you to absorb one attack, this is often referred to as having Super Armor.

But all of the characters have some moves that will negate this effect, and these are called Armor Breaking attacks.

Also remember that while Super Armor allows you to absorb one attack, you can still be thrown.

• Taunting (Personal Action)
    You can taunt your opponent by pressing both Hard Punch and Kick buttons at the same time.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth...   Seth... EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 5:30 pm

TonyAlmighty wrote:
(I didn't mean us in the sack so stop fantasizing!)

darn.... Rolling Eyes

anyway....
very useful... and very complicated... i have a lot of practicing to do. thank u.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth...   Seth... EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 5:49 pm

Quote :
very useful... and very complicated... i have a lot of practicing to do. thank u.
It's not at all.
Set one of your buttons to LP+MP+HP and LK+MK+HK. When you see the little EX bubble fill up you can do EX moves. These are just more powerful special moves, do the move as usual, but just use those buttons. You know your doing one cause your man flashes.

When all four fill up you can so a Super Move, it's say Super on the bottom

Getting hit fills up the Revenge Meter, once that's halway full (your down about half your energy) you can do an Ultra Move (the most powerful attack you guy can do), it's say Ultra in the lower corner. Now you can still wait and let that fill up ALL the way for MAXIMUM damage the Ultra font will change.

BOOM, it's simple, learn the meters first and then we'll get into everything else. The way you have your buttons set is crucial. Mine are X-HK, O-MK, Sq-HP, Tri MP, R1-LP+MP+HP, R2-LK+MK+HK, L1-LP, L2-LK. That way the EX buttons are the ones we use mostly in WH and HK is where kick is in SCIV. So it's the most natural fit for me, try it out.
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth...   Seth... EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:21 am

LOL would've never thought of that set up Tony....am crippled by my age due to sega L1 and 2 are my kicks and R1 and 2 my punches.... accursed SEGA!!!!
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth...   Seth... EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 1:30 am

Oh yeah already told muffster but what helped my boy out was going into the challenges and training modes because they help you to master and understand the EX and combo chains that's prone to this game and you gotta give it up with all da new characters i mean with the mexican version of Jackie Chans "MR. Nice Guy" you know his HK stuff when he's a Kung Fu Master who happens to have a Cooking show, and that Rufus cat who's got to be 5 pounds shy of the Blob status yet one of the fastest guys in the game. happy gaming all, Late.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth...   Seth... EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 5:32 am

I'm about to try the challenges now, I wanted to unlock everybody first.

The new guys are all cool except Rufus, who COULD'VE been ill. It's always cool having a fat guy who'll kick your ass, it's just his lame design. He was created out of Capcom wanting to use the jiggle effects on a guy for a change. He's also a blatant rip-off of Tekken's fat, white, blonde guy. The jiggle effects, like SCIV are crazy here, if you notice dudes gut shakes for a MINUTE after you beat him, LOL.

I keep reminding myself that these are Japanese views of us, so they're gonna be funny and stereotypical. Like how they did my man Balrog dirty with the BLUE eyes and all the americans are blonde! They should've just made Rufus black, boriqua or dominican to add some more ethnic characters which are sorely lacking Think about how many fat guys of color (Big, Ross, Shaq, Joe, Pun, Suge!) he could've been based on.

I never saw Mr. Nice Guy, but Fuerte is ill and they needed a luchador. He's ALSO another rip-off. This time Capcom stole El Blaze from Virtua Fighter, LOL. It's also cool having an MMA guy with Abel, he's fills another style gap, too bad real MMA is wack.

Viper reminds me of Fergie, she's a great addition despite the fact they made the grave error of putting CLOTHES on her! Her rack ALMOST makes up for Capcom's lapse in judgement.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth...   Seth... EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 9:32 am

Your awesome... I definitely need to change by button configurations... I think its why its been so hard.
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth...   Seth... EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 2:12 pm

I still gotta unlock Akuma, Gouken, and Seth
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth...   Seth... EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Quote :
I still gotta unlock Akuma, Gouken, and Seth
I have everyone but Seth, I just gotta go back and beat it with everyone.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth...   Seth... EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 1:56 pm

Well I finally unlocked Almighty Seth, I had to play this dude OVER AND OVER AND OVER again with everyone to do it! Cause this dude is hard on ANY difficulty.

The key to beating him is SOOO simple, so simple that you might skip over it cause he's beating your ass so bad. REGULAR attacks! Regular attacks effect him more than than Specials! Also being that he teleports so much going for Specials or Focus' with leave you vulnerable. You need to hit him with nothing heavys and mediums and only go for anything else when he's dizzy.

That being said he's great to use, he's not TOO overpowered when your using him, but he's definetly the best. farao
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth...   Seth... EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 6:51 pm

all I did was spam low heavy kick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seth... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seth...   Seth... Empty

Back to top Go down

Seth...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*  :: Movement Fighters :: Mvmt Street Fighter-
Jump to: