[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hawk Weapons Guide

Go down 
+2
Bouwser
tuffmuff
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

Hawk Weapons Guide Empty
PostSubject: Hawk Weapons Guide   Hawk Weapons Guide EmptySun May 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Wrote this up on PS3T.org. Almighty was asking about a weapons guide. If you guys have anything to add let me know.

Hawk Weapons:

The following are all of the weapons available for the Hawk. When you start off in the Hawk you're only given Swarm Lasers and your machine gun. Your machine gun never runs out it but it will overheat. You use it with the :r1: button. The rest of the weapons you obtain via pick ups on the map. They are color coded and look just like the image in your weapon wheel. You toggle your weapons with the dpad.

Defensively you're given the flares :r3: to help you scrub missiles. If you're having trouble dodging then hit :r3: and it'll throw the missiles off your tail.

See each individual weapon below for a short description of it's use and value.

Swarm Laser: Pick up is purple in color. These are missiles and they're fast. They're very effective but not too powerful. It will take quite a few of them to deal a good amount of damage. They go well with the machine gun. Light up your enemy with the machine guns as you're releasing the missiles for the most effectiveness. You can unleash 8 at once depending on how well you've locked onto your target. They're the most common of the weapons. You hold down :l1: to lock up to the 8 missiles onto your target; tap :l1: to determine how many missiles are released onto your target.

Hawk Weapons Guide Swarmlaser

Homing Missile: Pick up is yellow in color. Unlock in Warhawk the homing missile isn't very affective against pilots online. The AI in single player has trouble dodging them but most online players dodge them easily. They are very powerful and deal a ton of damage but good luck hitting someone with them with as slow as they are. You hold down :l1: to lock one missile onto your target; release when ready.

Hawk Weapons Guide Homingmissile

Flak: Pickup is orange in color. The flak weapon is my new best friend. The best description I can give is to think of it like a shotgun in the sky. Just get close enough behind your opponent and tap :l1:. If you're fast and close enough they'll go down in two shots. For maximum effectiveness start off by hitting them with the machine guns.

Hawk Weapons Guide Flak

Air Mines: Pickup is green in color. You simply release these into the air and if an enemy comes near them they attach and blow up. Four release at a time. They're great defensive tools.

Hawk Weapons Guide Airmines

Clusterbomb: Pickup is lightgreen in color. This is your biggest and baddest air to ground tool. What I mean is, if there's something or someone on the ground you want to take out from your hawk then you'll want to use this. It releases 4 very powerful bombs onto the ground. Just line up the site in the general direction on the ground where you want it to go and release. It's not an effective air tool as the bombs are heavy and start falling to the ground right away.

Hawk Weapons Guide Clusterbomb

Cloak: Pickup is purple in color. The cloak essentially makes you invisible. It is timed and runs out eventually. It's best used to get away from enemies if you're overwhelmed or to be sneaky and stealthy.

Hawk Weapons Guide Cloak

Shield: Pickup is blue in color. If you're in defense mode and are being chased by hawks then set your shield on. It'll help absorb some damage. It doesn't last forever though so make sure you get away and get on the offensive.

Hawk Weapons Guide Shield

Torpedo: Pickup is dark blue in color. This is Starhawk's version of the TOW. It's not my favorite and I don't like it as much as I enjoyed Warhawk's version but that's ok. This is the mother of all bombs. It will destroy the enemy's shield, they're structures etc. It is super powerful. You have to hit :l1: and then let it charge. Once it's charged you can direct it where you want it to go and then release it. BoOom. Be careful though because your hawk will follow and if you aren't fast enough you'll go boom with it.

Hawk Weapons Guide Torpedo
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
Bouwser
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Bouwser

Post # : 173

Hawk Weapons Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Weapons Guide   Hawk Weapons Guide EmptySun May 13, 2012 8:18 pm

nice!!
Back to top Go down
harrycherries
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
harrycherries

Post # : 20

Hawk Weapons Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Weapons Guide   Hawk Weapons Guide EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:43 am

When your using the swarm and homing if you boost and battle roll there more accurate. It works well try it.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Hawk Weapons Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Weapons Guide   Hawk Weapons Guide EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:54 am

Yeah I've been trying this. I can't tell much of a difference though I'm probably not doing it right. I did notice you got me twice last night with homing missiles and typically I can dodge them.
Back to top Go down
harrycherries
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
harrycherries

Post # : 20

Hawk Weapons Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Weapons Guide   Hawk Weapons Guide EmptyWed May 16, 2012 10:08 am

For some reason the homing dose not follow the hawk . It cut the fought path off making it harder to dodge almost impossible. The swarms all hit at once if done right. I'm still perfecting this but it work well.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

Hawk Weapons Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Weapons Guide   Hawk Weapons Guide EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:24 am

Great info folks...and good read Tuff!

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Post # : 852

Hawk Weapons Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Weapons Guide   Hawk Weapons Guide EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:04 pm

Kool thanx for the guide Tuff!
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Hawk Weapons Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Weapons Guide   Hawk Weapons Guide EmptyWed May 16, 2012 5:09 pm

No problem guys - glad its getting some use here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BlueArcher405
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BlueArcher405

Post # : 57

Hawk Weapons Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Weapons Guide   Hawk Weapons Guide EmptyFri May 18, 2012 3:49 am

when using the homing missiles its best to turbo right before it releases to help give it a boost much like the TOW in warhawk. also keep in mind the release itself is delayed therefore after releasing the button try to keep aim on the target till it drops...which brings me to my last point, the homing missile releases from the bottom of the hawk and has a stoopid path much like the new ground rockets. if the hawk ur shooting at gos left try barreling right as it deploys so the missile drops in the direction of the target instead of having to turn once deployed. if timed just right the missle will have a more direct path....it works 'better' for me but that doesnt mean it works. just want that part to b clear.

tuffmuff..is there any way you could add pickup size and max loadout to the descriptions?
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Hawk Weapons Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Weapons Guide   Hawk Weapons Guide EmptyFri May 18, 2012 8:18 am

Yeah I could add that. Some of them I don't know though. I'll work on it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
BlueArcher405
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BlueArcher405

Post # : 57

Hawk Weapons Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Weapons Guide   Hawk Weapons Guide EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:41 pm

salute
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hawk Weapons Guide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hawk Weapons Guide   Hawk Weapons Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Hawk Weapons Guide
Page 1 of 1