[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starhawk at PAX Prime

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

Starhawk at PAX Prime Empty
PostSubject: Starhawk at PAX Prime   Starhawk at PAX Prime EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Hey guys! So I got to play Starhawk 3 times at PAX over this weekend. I don't even know where to start. The game is SICK. At its core it is totally Warhawk down to the flailing body flying across the screen when you get blown up but it definitely has changed in all the right ways.

The transition from flight to the mech is insane. The no hover mode takes some getting used to but its fucking cool as shit to be flying and see some ground shit going on and to land right on top of ground troops.

The mode was CTF and it was 5v5. The 3rd game I played I stayed up in the Hawk the entire time and helped my team cap the flags. At one point the flag carrier (Olsen77...some of you have played with him before) was running the flag back and I noticed a guy chasing him down... I landed the mech right behind the guy and pounded him with missiles. It was great and we won that match.

The melee is R3 now and I really like that change, I also really like that the ground troop guns no longer auto-lock. You have to aim and shoot.

The build and battles brings some serious intensity to the game. You can't automatically build everything. You have to get energy from killing enemies and then different build options open up. The turret builds around the flag are HUGE for defense. Being a defensive person I find this to be super cool. At one point during one of the matches the opposing team had like 6 turrets set up around the flag and it was IMPOSSIBLE to infiltrate their base. The Starhawk flight for the demo was set to proflight and the Hawk handles almost exactly the same as in Warhawk...minus hover mode.

I can't think of anything else to say at the moment. If you guys have any questions please ask. I wish you guys could have all been there playing with me!!

ALSO... some of you may already have this but if you don't here's a code for the Starhawk theme on the PS3. Its really awesome so please use the code if you don't have it already:

8AQ5-4EN5-F59D

I took photos too. As soon as I can get those off my digital camera I'll post them. I couldn't take video unfortunately Sad

Additionally I played:

Batman Arkham City
Twisted Metal
Resistance 3 Multiplayer
Resistance 3 Single Player (with a sharpshooter/move)
Ratchet and Clank
Jurassic Park (PSN)
Spiderman (some new one)

Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Starhawk at PAX Prime   Starhawk at PAX Prime EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:57 pm

Starhawk at PAX Prime Mvmtapproved

That's good stuff right there Muff. Was there a huge line to wait? Multiple stations?

Did you notice an increase or decrease in the speed of the game...or did it seem the same? Glad to see they still have the failing body...what about the crazy sound effects when you die? lol

Did you see any ground vehicles or jet pack play?

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Starhawk at PAX Prime   Starhawk at PAX Prime EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:58 pm

JayGood wrote:
Starhawk at PAX Prime Mvmtapproved

That's good stuff right there Muff. Was there a huge line to wait? Multiple stations?

There were 10 stations, 5v5 and the match lasted 10 minutes. I never waited more than a hour to play it.

Did you notice an increase or decrease in the speed of the game...or did it seem the same? Glad to see they still have the failing body...what about the crazy sound effects when you die? lol

It was honestly hard to hear a lot of the sound effects. It was SO loud in there. I can't give a good assessment of it. The gamespeed seemed about the same. You press R2 now to sprint so that is a change.

Did you see any ground vehicles or jet pack play?

I used the jetpack A LOT. It's awesome and a HUGE improvement over the Warhawk jetpacks. It was instrumental in getting to the flag. There were sooo many turrets placed around the flag strategically for defense that I had to drop in on it from above. There were jeeps available to use but I never got in one.

~Goodz~

Additionally I did a mini write up of it for ps3trophies.org. Check it out:

Starhawk
Starhawk is simply perfect. The demo offered was a 5v5 CTF match that ran for an intense 10 minutes. I played this demo three times (super special thanks to Olsen for not complaining every time I dragged him over to the Starhawk display.) My first time getting to play was crazy. I was so excited I could barely contain myself. It had been my plan to just head straight for a Starhawk so I could test out the flight mechanics. Unfortunately I got entirely too wrapped up in the match and proceeded to attempt to capture flags the entire match; not to mention Starhawk is nothing like Warhawk in the sense that you can just “head straight” for a hawk. You have to build one and building one takes a bit of strategy. You earn energy from killing enemies and with that energy you’re able to utilize the build and battle system. So I didn’t get to go anywhere near a hawk that time and not because I couldn’t build one but because I was so focused on stealing the enemy flag. I did succeed in grabbing the flag twice but I didn’t get the chance to capture one.

The second time I played was a bit of a bust. I struggled a bit against the opposing team and didn’t get to test out the hawk until the very end of the match. It was defaulted proflight (those Warhawk players out there will know what I’m referring to) and the invert wasn’t what I wanted it to be but it still flew beautifully. Turns out the flight mechanics are very similar to Warhawk so if you’re good (or were good) in a Warhawk chances are you’re going to be good in a Starhawk.

The third and final time I played I spent the majority of the map in the Starhawk; what I had been trying to achieve the entire time. I focused on assisting the flag carriers. Starhawk doesn’t have a hover mode like Warhawk. When you’re ready to end flight you press the button and your hawk turns into a mech, Transformers style. It is the most epic thing I’ve ever witnessed in a video game. At the very end of the match I’m flying around and notice our flag carrier is getting chased down by someone on the opposing team. I fly down to the area and press dropping right behind the enemy and unloading a barrage of missiles and machine gun fire (overkill….yes, but effective.) It turns out the flag carrier was Olsen and he was able to take it back for the win. Best 7 minutes of my PAX experience.

For those Warhawk veterans wondering; Starhawk is Warhawk at its core; right down to your character flailing halfway across the map when you get blown up. It feels like Warhawk and its intense like Warhawk and then it’s even better because it capitalizes on all the things Warhawk did great and improves in all the areas that Warhawk got wrong. There is no longer an autolock feature when firing ground weapons and you can now melee with . The build and battle system (which I was crazy skeptical about) brings the craziest and most intense strategy to the multiplayer experience. You can literally drop buildings, mechs etc down on top of your enemies and engage in battle in a way I’ve never seen before. It is an absolute MUST HAVE for 2012.
Back to top Go down
Bouwser
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Bouwser

Post # : 173

PostSubject: Re: Starhawk at PAX Prime   Starhawk at PAX Prime EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 7:46 pm

Great job Muff !!!! I can't hardly wait

Work-Play-Game (Mvmt)Bouwser
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Starhawk at PAX Prime   Starhawk at PAX Prime EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 3:23 pm

if you guys are interested in the photos you can check them out there:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/editorials/122321-pax-photo-fun.html
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

PostSubject: Re: Starhawk at PAX Prime   Starhawk at PAX Prime EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:05 pm

GREAT reconnaissance work Muffin. SH is shaping up to be everything I had hoped for.
Back to top Go down
garwar
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
garwar

Post # : 239

PostSubject: Re: Starhawk at PAX Prime   Starhawk at PAX Prime EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 7:46 am

Hey muffin what is pax? and why didnt you bring me with you?

Standing
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

PostSubject: Re: Starhawk at PAX Prime   Starhawk at PAX Prime EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 8:06 pm

So I finally finished my Emmett mod and Razorback kart on ModNation. After seeing it, Sharp Dagger posted my pics on the latest Starhawk Radio article.

http://starhawkradio.com/blogs/tony-walston

Starhawk at PAX Prime Modnat14

Starhawk at PAX Prime Modnat15

Starhawk at PAX Prime Modnat16

Starhawk at PAX Prime Modnat17

Starhawk at PAX Prime Modnat19

Starhawk at PAX Prime Modnat18

Starhawk at PAX Prime Modnat20

Starhawk at PAX Prime Modnat21
#tonystarkswagger

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content