[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Max Level...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

Max Level... Empty
PostSubject: Max Level...   Max Level... EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 11:27 am

Quote :
Yes max level is 30. But remember the goal of this game isn't the leveling it's the experience of being a hero/villain in the DC Universe. So the developers want to get you to max quickly so you can do the heroic things.

Imagine for example the first Spiderman movie. Remember when he was learning all of his powers? That would be the equivalent of leveling up in the game. Now imagine instead of 30 minutes of the movie being about learning his powers that 2 hours was learning his powers and he had a 5 minute fight at the end. Not the most "super" of a movie now right? Same thing here, they want you to feel like you grow as a hero or villain by giving you enough time to learn the game but then be great!

Quote :
Well, compared to CoH/V DC does make you feel like a hero/villain from the very start..CoX however really doesn't do that at all..and it just feels like every mission you do is a damned chore rather than something that has to do with the bigger picture.

I like the fact that 30 is max because there IS much more to do after level capping and still make you feel very important. They weren't lying about "The Next Legend is you" deal. For a character that I've had for 22 years..I actually FEEL like a legend rather than a puppet. I can't wait for this to go live. So much RP storyline running through my veins lol.

CoH = City Of Heroes
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

Max Level... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Max Level...   Max Level... EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 3:20 pm

Seems kinda low.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Max Level... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Max Level...   Max Level... EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 4:35 pm

That's what I was thinking but the logic made sense. These Characters in their storylines already have their powers and have made a name for themselves....from their standpoint, with all the immense things to obtain after that to further solidify their character, they wan't people to begin to make a name for themselves after 30. Reaching a Ranked Level, is one thing when there is still many things out there to obtain as for weapons, powers, pickups and additional add on info that will be updated in the game, monthly.

Basically after 30...the learning part, or discovering what you have, and are capable of doing is over...that's where the game begins. The objective is for all "Heroes/Villains" on the same platform Rankwise thorughout the "virtual" universe...the additional things left in the game, along with skill is what's going to set aside that character from the other.

As with most platform games, once you reach the max level...the game is pretty much over, you move on b/c there's no other content to obtain unless there's an update or so forth. Here...even though you reached a max level..and are considered a true Heroe/Villain...the game doesnt stop there due to all the remaining content of the game a la MMORPG. Like with WH, Red Dead Red, ModNation, etc...all of em....once you get that top level, That's it. You've unlocked everything or have all the upgrades/add ons/ specials etc....that's not the case here.

The best analogy given was "Spider man" learning his powers in 30 mins...on the game it will take you to level 30. After the 30 mins into the movie...he began the life as Spider man, and created the legend we know due to the things he did...same thing here.

I also read that their is A LOT more that's going to get released for the game as for mentors characrs, missions, etc. They're plan now is to have the basics of the game down where they can release the game...focus on glitches and bugs, and once they have that squared away and the other parts of the game they planned. One of the mentors they mentioned was Green Lantern/Hal Jordan along with the gear powers etc. Also more Corp members... I believe Penguin too.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Max Level... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Max Level...   Max Level... EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 9:47 am

After coming across the few level 30s we did last night...you're no match until you get to that level...or maybe those cats were hella expierienced. Basically strenghtens what I posted up above. Typically with all higher ranks...I put up a good fight..competitive, that's Lvl 20 on down. Never saw a 30 until last night...but to get knocked out INSTANTLY??? Are you serious?

I was done in a matter of 3 seconds...

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Max Level... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Max Level...   Max Level... EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 2:32 pm

Since the levels are so low compared to other games, there is probably going to be a bigger difference between levels. I'm gonna grind it out in the first month.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Max Level... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Max Level...   Max Level... EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 3:19 pm

GeneraLee27 wrote:
Since the levels are so low compared to other games, there is probably going to be a bigger difference between levels. I'm gonna grind it out in the first month.

Yeah..but my thing is once you reach that status...I dont think you'll still have enough bread to get a hold of all the stuff that's unlockable after 30. Like the different types of Batman suits and armour. Getting there is one thing...but having the money to get it all is another. So in a sense...there's going to be disparity between the 30s. The more work you put in...the more cash you get, the more things you can purchase to practically make your character invincible.

Before you started helping me on that street corner, there was a Villain out there helping the other computer Villains on that demon mode. This guy..don't know his rank...but he was giving everbody(Heroes) the blues. He had that work...and he was turning people into things before he finished them off. Kinda reminded me of Mortal Combat. I tried my hand...he turned me into a Pterodactyl. I just stood there...I couldnt move. He put all types of feet and hands on me...and knocked me out. From that point...I knew I was going to need help.

"Retreat!...Retreat!!...RETREAT!!!..."- Cobra Commander

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Max Level... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Max Level...   Max Level... EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:53 pm

lol. I wonder what your going to be able to do past thirty besides missions. Seems tedious.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Max Level... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Max Level...   Max Level... EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 9:20 am

Not sure....

I haven't even had the chance to venture off well into the PVP modes of the game. I believe Raids are where you have to gather a large group of individuals to do Group sized missions. But of course we dont have enough for that currently. Maybe...if the game is successful, and we have folks that enjoy playing with us and understand what we are, we can grow on there.

I was also reading that you can actually JOIN some of the real leagues like the Justice League, and Teen Titans, and others. The Devs kept saying you have to earn it tho. What that entails...I have no clue. Seems like something that won't even be under consideration until you reach 30...and start making a name for yourself and getting your "rep" up.

I still don't understand how you get your rep and might up on this game. Maybe it's not adjustable until you reach 30.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
aceventurea
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
aceventurea

Post # : 184

Max Level... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Max Level...   Max Level... EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:05 am

OMG!!!!!!!!! some warning on the download time would have been nice lol ive been at it for over an hour
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Max Level... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Max Level...   Max Level... EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:55 pm

Many more to go. lol
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*