[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3D Gaming Coming in June

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

3D Gaming Coming in June Empty
PostSubject: 3D Gaming Coming in June   3D Gaming Coming in June EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 3:14 am

Sony will be getting 3D this June, Wipeout HD, MotorStorm: PR, PAIN, and Super Stardust HD will be available in 3D on PSN. If your buy Sony's new HX803 Bravia 3D TV, you get four free 3D games, but which ones aren't specified right now.

If you have a Sony Style store in your area, you can check the TV out for yourself. I've seen it twice, they have a demo with games and movies so you can see both in 3D, and it's awesome. They have the 3D glasses there also, the shutter glasses have a power button on the side and are VERY well put together, and high quality. They cost $130, and the emitter is about $55. The TV in 46" will run you $3875, and includes two sets of glasses.

3D Gaming Coming in June Sony_3D_1

3D Gaming Coming in June 1-2
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: 3D Gaming Coming in June   3D Gaming Coming in June EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 9:11 am

OMFG I don't ever see myself paying that much money for a TV.

Sounds cool tho.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: 3D Gaming Coming in June   3D Gaming Coming in June EmptyFri Apr 16, 2010 4:40 pm

I would in a heartbeat, LMFAO! But not for a 3D TV, I need to see how well it does first, before I invest myself into it. What I saw from Sony was crack, but 3D just doesn't bowl me over at this point.

Unless the film is SHOT in 3D like Avatar, it won't look NEARLY as good, Alice in Wonderland and Clash of the Titans didn't look ANYWHERE near as good as Avatar. Because it was CONVERTED to 3D in post-production, and THAT'S that's the big difference. Avatar is the only film to be shot in 3D so far, its VERY expensive and time consuming. All these other flicks, and the MANY more coming out, will be 3D converted. It's cheaper, but not nearly as good, it's the "cutting corners" way of doing it. It costs extra time and money as well (3D is a job either way), but not as much as doing it the RIGHT way. So it'll still look cooler and be more fun than a regular film, but until we get another film shot in 3D, we won't have an experience QUITE like Avatar again.

That's one of my reasons for not jumping into 3D now, most studios are gonna do it the "cheap" way. So until the prices come down , Imma fall back for now. Now game-wise, it's not known at this point if 3D will enhance your gaming experience or not, but we'll find out very soon. I saw MLB 2010 and it did look ILL, but I'm not sure if I would want play an entire game like that. But 3D is here to stay (for the moment) ESPN will have the first 3D channel, and others will follow suit. Here, at the Theater in Madison Sq Garden, they're gonna sgart showing some Rangers and Knicks games in 3D. BMW had 3D displays at the NY Auto Show a couple of weeks ago, it's gonna be EVERYWHERE.
Back to top Go down
TX11
Civilian
TX11

Post # : 112

PostSubject: Re: 3D Gaming Coming in June   3D Gaming Coming in June EmptySat Apr 17, 2010 2:22 pm

im still wondering when ALL developers are going to take advantage of my bravias 1080p tech i bought top of the line 2 years ago and am still waiting for other things to catch up and i don't mean native 720p with an upscaler to 1080p. That is how games like modern warfare do 1080p. Until i feel like mmy current tech is obsolete i don't see myself jumping on the next thing to hit the market. Plus my opinion of 3d is not good. Glasses give me a headache and they have already said that 3d tvs will take years to reach the same 3d picture as you would see at a 3d movie theater.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: 3D Gaming Coming in June   3D Gaming Coming in June EmptySun Apr 18, 2010 4:36 am

Quote :
im still wondering when ALL developers are going to take advantage of my bravias 1080p tech i bought top of the line 2 years ago and am still waiting for other things to catch up and i don't mean native 720p with an upscaler to 1080p. That is how games like modern warfare do 1080p. Until i feel like mmy current tech is obsolete i don't see myself jumping on the next thing to hit the market. Plus my opinion of 3d is not good. Glasses give me a headache and they have already said that 3d tvs will take years to reach the same 3d picture as you would see at a 3d movie theater.
I also have a 1080p Bravia from 2008 (I got it last year on sale). The tech isn't obsolete, it's because rendering a game at a higher resolution requires more processing power. To get a game at 1080p may require trade-offs in other things such as polygon count, physics calculations, anti-aliasing, particle effects, yadda, yadda. The truth is that none of the current-gen systems have the horsepower to turn on all the effects many of the developers want to use AND render it all at 1080p. At least not without an extremely efficient game engine.

So the 1080p games will be the ones that are simpler and not as taxing on the hardware or the ones with a really slick engine powering them. So we have either GOW3 (superior game engine) or Wipeout HD (simpler rendering) running at native 1080p. But as developers master the PS3's hardware as time goes on (happens with all consoles over it's life span), we'll see more and more 1080p games.

I'm more interested in motion-control rather than 3D right now, I'm very excited for Move and the Navigator (the sub-controllers official name). And your right Tex, the 3D technology needs time to develop, and it'll get better and more importantly cheaper as time goes on. But at it's infancy it's still very cool, so if money isn't an issue and you've got an extra $4000 laying around... LOL.
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: 3D Gaming Coming in June   3D Gaming Coming in June EmptySat May 01, 2010 1:21 pm

OMG!!!!! I just creamed in my pants, am gonna start a slush fund now just to get that. That is a MOST Guilty of Pleasures, Screens big enough for one to two players comfortably and one if uncomfortable, It's my house, you know what it is and if you don't like it, get the Fu*k out..... I totally can see me getting this by next summer, and totally enjoying the Fu*k outta it. Cannot wait to get this and am planning a trip to the nearest Sony store to here.....TTFN
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3D Gaming Coming in June   3D Gaming Coming in June Empty

Back to top Go down

3D Gaming Coming in June
Page 1 of 1