[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Home Closing it's doors???

Go down 
+2
JayGood
GenXGamer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

Is Home Closing it's doors??? Empty
PostSubject: Is Home Closing it's doors???   Is Home Closing it's doors??? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:00 pm

I read an article in game informer to where it said Sony plans on pulling plug on Home this April.....

Does anyone know the truth to this???
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Is Home Closing it's doors???   Is Home Closing it's doors??? EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:34 pm

Lol...nah. They just released Ver. 1.35 yesterday with a new interface and browser. Home is Sony's baby, and isn't going anywhere. I read on the message today that they have 12M active members worldwide...which leads to me also seeing where "New Beta testers" were commenting on the board of the 2nd Version to drop. Supposedly it's a overhaul/facelift...what that intells I don't know...hopefully a new engine, and redo of the avatars with more options.

Good luck with prying info outta Home Beta testers though...lol. C.I.A.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Is Home Closing it's doors???   Is Home Closing it's doors??? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:13 am

Home hates me. No matter what I try it won't let me on. Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

PostSubject: Re: Is Home Closing it's doors???   Is Home Closing it's doors??? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:17 am

You're not really missing much, tuff. PR and I were in there messing around all bored. We got free paper bags to cover our face.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Is Home Closing it's doors???   Is Home Closing it's doors??? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:21 am

LOL paper bags ... that's hilarious
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

PostSubject: Re: Is Home Closing it's doors???   Is Home Closing it's doors??? EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:34 am

Home has the POTENTIAL to be dope, but right now it's kinda boring. But no, Goodburger's right, Sony said they will keep Home as a top priority. IT NEEDS AN OVERHAUL, starting with the awkward avatars that piss me off. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Is Home Closing it's doors???   Is Home Closing it's doors??? EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:48 am

too bad they don't have a depraved pervert filter or just make up a Yahoo type chat room that turns everyone's avatar into a woman so they could all go in there, get stuck in a loop in there and let them think they are hitting on some cute chick from another part of the country, and can only get back into home if they can get an online friend to come in and get them out thus sticking them in there and both being locked outta home, ha ha ha ha ha, you get the point the constant showboating and cockblocking going on in there is too much for poor old man like me
Back to top Go down
TX11
Civilian
TX11

Post # : 112

PostSubject: Re: Is Home Closing it's doors???   Is Home Closing it's doors??? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 1:33 pm

i read the same GI article as well and it sounded pretty serious. It said that home has become everything that sony didn't want it to be. I don't know if they are closing it down or not. But in GI they do say that sony will be shutting home down on April 1st 2010. I find this hard to believe but i have been reading GI for 3 years and they have never been wrong about stuff like this before. Home is lame. It like the sims only scaled down. Sure there is some fun to it. I deleted right off my ps3 months ago. It did not come out to what i thought sony wanted it to be.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Is Home Closing it's doors???   Is Home Closing it's doors??? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 4:25 pm

I'm not sure what they expected? Give people avatars with the ability to fix them up and the ability to interact with others and all it will ever be is match.com on the PS3. This is my opinion of course.

Its not a video game... so you're not pre-occupied with that.

Its a social tool...and majority of socializing when there is a lack in structure on what you're socializing about... usually turns the way it has with home.

It begs the question...what did they want its function to be? And if its function was to be a social tool for PS3 users then it is what it is...a social tool. They won't ever be able to regulate what people discuss.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Is Home Closing it's doors???   Is Home Closing it's doors??? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 7:48 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/13/playstation-home-population-hits-12-million/

Quote :
PlayStation Home director Jack Buser kicked off Sony's final day of GDC 2010 panels, announcing that the virtual community's worldwide userbase now stands at 12 million. The population has grown by two million users since December 2009, and is double of what it was in June of last year.

Buser expanded on the stats, pointing out that these numbers aren't based on one-off visits; according to Sony's data, 85 percent of users who create a Home avatar return more than once. The average citizen, he said, spends an hour in Home each visit.

While Buser's talk was primarily aimed at developers interested in developing in-Home games, he spoke on what to expect in terms of Sony's strategy for the service in 2010, saying, "You're going to see us really embrace this idea of total game integration" to "really extend out the experience of your games." He used the Home presence of Sucker Punch's inFamous as an example, saying that we can expect to see more spaces, minigames and tie-in content timed alongside game launches this year, and that "It's an Incredibly important part of [Sony's] strategy."

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Is Home Closing it's doors???   Is Home Closing it's doors??? EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:41 pm

yeah that article made it sound definately without a doubt that home was closing, wasn't wanting to be the bearer of bad news however, forum's for breaking news and rumor mills, and i cannot understand how they can shut it down cause alot of ya'll actually spent money on the Home Accessories so what you wasted your money? are they gonna reimburse you? see??? terribly sticky situation idn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Home Closing it's doors???   Is Home Closing it's doors??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Home Closing it's doors???
Page 1 of 1