[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So much for buying top of the line

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bouwser
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Bouwser

Post # : 173

So much for buying top of the line Empty
PostSubject: So much for buying top of the line   So much for buying top of the line EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 10:32 am

Just need to vent

I bought a top of the line Panasonic 42" plasma 2 years ago and it just shit the bed shut off and will not come back on, the power light flashes 7 times so thougth I would have a look on the good old internet to see if it had any ideas.So the first thing that comes up is THE 7 FLASHING LIGHT OF DEATH, aparently this is a common problem that PANASONIC has and is not taking care off,it is voltage regulator defect from factory or 3 board sd,sc or su,this cost any where from 300$ to $1000. Bought the Tv for 2500$ 2years ago. Now the same Tv I can get for 1200$ all day long, so I guess it could be junk. What a waste!!!! I bought it local from a small store, hoping they will stand behind it, but not sure.It couldn't of happen at a better time right at Xmas, lucky to get any thing done for a month. I've had 2 tube Tv for 10 years never had a single problem, is new tech junk or are they build to break. alls I got say is nice job Panasonic thanks Merry XMAS to you to, or better, go fuck yourself is more fitting!!!!!!!! Mad Mad

Work--Play--Game (Mvmt) Thanks Panasonic
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: So much for buying top of the line   So much for buying top of the line EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 11:33 am

Sad sorry Bouwser... that really sucks
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: So much for buying top of the line   So much for buying top of the line EmptySat Dec 19, 2009 11:59 am

Mann...Hate to hear that. Is this a Plasma, or LCD, or DLP?

Before I purchased one I researched it a while...online, store to store, and people that had all 3.

The thing I realized was out of the the 3...."Plasma" ranked below the other two. It was the first of it's gen...and also the one with the most problems...that's across the board technology wise. Due to that, LCD came about followed by DLP technology....and you also see a difference in price. Plasmas are typically the cheaper of the three due to the issues in the past. The turnoff for me was...granted the picture is nice, but as for if you wanted to game on it...it was not suggested, b/c it can easily have an impression burned in it, similar to your big screens from back in the day. With those..say for instance you paused it, and left it there for a while....with some, that "still" impression would be burned into the screen "background"...and whenever you watched regular TV...that same impression was still there.

Me in my opinion, I don't think Panasonic is that bad of a brand...it's not a lower brand, but it's not one of the top level brands either like a Mitsubishi, Sony Bravia or Samsung. It's your average brand...which is affordable for most...which may be why you noticed the price difference here recently. Hate to hear it laid it down for you Bouw...let me know how everything turns out. Did you have any type of replacement plan on it?

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: So much for buying top of the line   So much for buying top of the line EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 3:45 am

sad thing is most plans only go out 2 yrs...... that sucks i got lcd because i heard somewhere life expectancy of plasmas is only 5 yrs...... being that plasma deteriorates over time. sucks bro i know, i lucked out and just had a bulb blow which cost only 310 to replace. like i said i lucked out....
Back to top Go down
TX11
Civilian
TX11

Post # : 112

PostSubject: Re: So much for buying top of the line   So much for buying top of the line EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 3:18 pm

I bought a no name hd tv for 1300 good size 1080p but a cheap price and it shit to bed 13 months after i bought it. I learned a lesson from that and bought a sony bravia yeah you may pay more then others for what appears to be the same but in reality they are not. Quality is what your buying when you pay more. Ive had my current sony tv for 2 years and not had 1 issue with it still workes like it is new and the batteries sony sent with the remote still are working to this day. Im not trying to sell sony to you cuase like jay said samsung is just as good. Panasonic and Sharp and those brands are really good as well.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: So much for buying top of the line   So much for buying top of the line EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 4:18 pm

Forgot about Sharp Aquos....Now that's top of the line too. Picture quality is UNREAL.

I've also learned that picture quality is dependent on provider also. I have a Samsung DLP 1080p....cable provider is Time Warner. My folks have a 32-Inch Phillips...with Direct TV. The HD plan with Direct TV is KILLING Time Warner. I was so pissed when I saw that...lol. Their picture was CRYSTAL CLEAR, compared to my HD package through timewarner for a 61 inch. They literally had a clearer and better picture with a lesser TV. If it wasn't for my Internet plan, I would be on direct TV with that monster HD they have going...since Fios is not available in my area. Humiliated

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
TX11
Civilian
TX11

Post # : 112

PostSubject: Re: So much for buying top of the line   So much for buying top of the line EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 6:03 pm

I too have time warner hd package and it sucks ass. But road runner is mega fast over dsl. I have a 46" Sony Bravia V-Series 1080p LCD and the picture quality for hd on the ps3 and blu ray is insane but when you turn on time warner the hd only goes to 1080i and not all channels are in hd and due to the lack of a scaling program on my time warner issued dvr most of my channels don't go the full size of my screen i get black bars on the sides so i have to zoom in with the tv in order to get full screen and then when i switch to an hd channel i need to zoom back out otherwise the picture is off the screen. The process is simple as hell and takes no time it is just not as convenient as an automated scaling program. If I hook the cable directly to the tv the tv will do the scaling automatically but i don't get all the channels that require a cable box. Also don't you love how the sell you a tv saying it is digital cable ready but in reality you need the cable box to descramble the signal. So in other words it is a form of false advertising.
Back to top Go down
Bouwser
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Bouwser

PostSubject: Re: So much for buying top of the line   So much for buying top of the line EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 8:33 pm

yo

I took the set in to the local shop they would not stand behind it I was not very happy, I can tell you that I'm done with them. they said it would be 600$ it needs a sd board and they would fix it but where not paying a drop and then when and told me how things just break, I told him that tv is 2 years old and that is a load of shit. told guy not to touch it I need to go home collect my thoughts. When I got home I was pissed, I got thinking at home I'm gone to call Panasonic my self, my local store could not care, By this time I was pretty fired up, panasonic guy got a big ear full on till he said I'm here to help you I said what!!! he said we will fix it free of charge where is the set we will send the part for monday,I pretty much shit my self I couldn't believe it. So panasonic did stand behind it not local store I did all the work myself fuck local store I have been buy thing there all my life bought my first set there, my thought were they would take care of me better then a big box store would, but I was wrong and the box store are 300$to$500 cheaper. I live in a small town so I try to shop localy to support are town, but this really pisses me off

So I have to take back what I said about Panasonic they did take care of me, but for the local store I'm not done with them yet

Work--Play--Game (Mvmt)Bouwser
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: So much for buying top of the line   So much for buying top of the line EmptySun Dec 20, 2009 11:04 pm

Glad it appears this got resolved. Yeah with the local stores, if it doesn't fall with in the time frame of return policy or no extended insurance...they won't touch it for free. That's how they operate. Usually if you call and dig in the manufactures ass, they will try to work with you some how...in this case, looks like you're getting taken care of. I would ask them if they have any type of service plan you may can purchase, to help you in the future if anything was to happen.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
Bouwser
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Bouwser

PostSubject: Re: So much for buying top of the line   So much for buying top of the line EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 8:08 pm

yo
That's a pretty solid point there Jay, I will look in to it for sure. The set is fixed I can get it tomorrow, I'm a little worried about having more problems. Thanks Jay for the help

Work--Play--Game (Mvmt)Bouwser
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

PostSubject: Re: So much for buying top of the line   So much for buying top of the line EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 8:42 pm

No problemo...Let us know how everything works out.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So much for buying top of the line   So much for buying top of the line Empty

Back to top Go down

So much for buying top of the line
Page 1 of 1