[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3D Dot Game Heroes

Go down 
+3
GeneraLee27
tuffmuff
TonyAlmighty
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 7:29 pm

"The one sad thing about being a PlayStation gamer is that a few legendary franchises have never made the jump over to Sony's platforms. Despite having some incredible exclusive titles, it's always painful to watch Nintendo fans throw up their arms in happiness as plumbers and space pirates rain over the long line of Nintendo consoles.

Fortunately, From Software -- the developer of the recently released Demon's Souls -- has designed 3D Dot Game Heroes, a game that not only celebrates the 8-bit games of old but also recreates one of the most memorable adventure games of all time. Without giving too much away, let's just say the franchise in question stars with "Z" and ends in "elda." You can figure out the rest.

This story is told through some excellent cutscenes that are driven by classic, 8-bit visuals, It all looks great, but you'll notice that there's a "3D" in the title, so how can the game be visualized entirely in sprite-form? Good question. The King of the land, thinking that sprites are a bit outdated, decides that the kingdom should make the jump to 3D. With this great decree, the entire world is made 3D, but still preserves its pixelated look. The result is one of the most visually appealing games I've seen in a long time.

Although 3D Dot Game Heroes references a number of old adventure games (including previous From Software titles), the game is a startling adaptation of the classic I hinted at above. Players move from screen to screen, battling monsters (or bunnies), exploring dungeons, collecting items and solving puzzles. An apple meter governs the player's health, and at full health the hero's sword grows to tremendous sizes when swung. Each sword in the game can be leveled up to enhance its length, girth and magical power (snicker, snicker) and a number of useful items can be collected. These items include boomerangs, lanterns, candles, a bow and more.

Sound familiar?

Controlling 3D Dot Game Heroes is as simple as pie. One button is used to swing your sword and rotating the left analog stick while doing so will cause the hero to swing it in a circular motion. Another face button is assigned to item use, and a trigger can be held to bring up the hero's shield and execute basic strafing patterns.

During my demo of 3D Dot Game Heroes, I was able to wander a few sections of the world map and explore the game's first dungeon. The dungeons will clearly be home to the game's best puzzles and most challenging fights, as is the case with the game 3D Dot Game Heroes is based on. After wandering from room to room, fighting monsters, dodging harmful traps and pushing blocks in a certain order to clear a path, I had to collect keys to reach the dungeon's end boss. The first dungeon featured a giant snake boss that looked incredible and capitalized on 3D Dot Game Heroes' unique visual style. In order to defeat the boss, I had to attack each tail section in turn as it flashed, while avoiding the snake's speedy movements.

There are a few other details that make 3D Dot Game Heroes feel special. Firstly, players can create their own character model with a 3D sprite editor. I was told that a member of the Atlus team actually created a small tank that looked quite believable, so I can only imagine the possibilities.

Players can also collect monsters to be featured in an encyclopedia, complete with a full 3D model of the creature. While this bestiary might not seem too unusual, the fun comes from how you actually collect the monster's profile: you need to beat them over the head with the book. Hitting the monster enough with the encyclopedia will force their profile to show up in its pages. Classic!

To provide icing for this delicious cake, all the loading screens in the game are recreations of classic videogame box art, which are a blast to see. It's very obvious that the folks at From Software have a serious affinity for old-school games.

Even though 3D Dot Game Heroes is only a six- to eight-hour game, just like some of its 8-bit predecessors, the charm and raw nostalgia involved is more than enough reason to check it out. And because 3D Dot Game Heroes is launching at a lower price point than most disc-based retail games, there's even more reason to consider investing your time and money. Let's just hope that the entire experience, from start to finish, lives up to the amazing style and retro goodness."

This is why I love curr-gen, all the interesting things you can create with new technology. This game looks fun as hell, plus I never played a Zelda game scratch

3D Dot Game Heroes 3ddgh04

3D Dot Game Heroes 3ddgh12

3D Dot Game Heroes 3d-dot-game-heroes-20091116015110722_640w

3D Dot Game Heroes 3d-dot-game-heroes-20091116015121768_640w

3D Dot Game Heroes 3d-dot-game-heroes-20091016072846562_640w

3D Dot Game Heroes 3d-dot-game-heroes-20091016072848562_640w

3D Dot Game Heroes 3d-dot-game-heroes-20091016072854172_640w

3D Dot Game Heroes 3d-dot-game-heroes-20091016072909187_640w

3D Dot Game Heroes 3d-dot-game-heroes-20091016072919405_640w

3D Dot Game Heroes 3d-dot-game-heroes-screens-20090918093445878_640w

3D Dot Game Heroes 3d-dot-game-heroes-screens-20090918093522835_640w

3D Dot Game Heroes 3d-dot-game-heroes-screens-20090918093524584_640w

3D Dot Game Heroes 3d-dot-game-heroes-screens-20090918093531766_640w

3D Dot Game Heroes 3d-dot-game-heroes-screens-20090918093535529_640w

3D Dot Game Heroes 3d-dot-game-heroes-20090910105108478_640w

3D Dot Game Heroes 3d-dot-game-heroes-20090910105027324_640w

3D Dot Game Heroes 3ddgh-snaaaake
SNAKE! Made in the character creator.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 8:28 pm

it looks like Legos...
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 12:34 am

3D pixels = virtual legos, Muff's female perception FTW!
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 1:09 am

virtual legos = lame... you fail
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 3:23 am

Actually, you both fail as usual.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 6:28 am

3D Dot Game Heroes Zangief
Lee GTFO. disgust

3D Dot Game Heroes Walker_pimpslap
Muff STFU. Neutral
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptySun Nov 22, 2009 11:31 am

lol
Back to top Go down
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Post # : 852

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 5:59 pm

LMAO
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptyMon Nov 23, 2009 6:06 pm

Resizing images can be fun.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 7:09 pm

I didn't resize anything.
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 8:25 pm

LOL I know... That's why I said resizing can be fun.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 9:36 pm

Tony fails again...
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 2:01 am

Ghatdammit Muff!!! Keep your piehole shut, men are talking!!

I do most of my posting on the '3 browser Hells. It looks straight to me.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 7:38 am

LOL it looks straight...
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 12:42 pm

Mann Almighty....I've looked at this thread like 7 or 8 times. I'm sorry. But this shit looks just plain wack.

3D Dot Game Heroes UltraFail

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 1:38 pm

LMAO burnnnnnnnn
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Yeouch......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3D Dot Game Heroes Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3D Dot Game Heroes   3D Dot Game Heroes Empty

Back to top Go down

3D Dot Game Heroes
Page 1 of 1