[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Premium PSN Subscription Service

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

Premium PSN Subscription Service Empty
PostSubject: Premium PSN Subscription Service   Premium PSN Subscription Service EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 2:58 am

Yesterday, the PlayStation Network turned three, with Sony highlighting the free nature of the service. However, data from a Sony slide presentation, viewable here, appears to show that some form of a subscription service will be coming to the PSN as a future source of income for the company.This ?new revenue stream from subscription? was later confirmed by SCEE, who sent out a quote from Kaz Hirai, CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment:

Quote :
"SCE will further increase sales by offering users new entertainment through the combination of hardware, software, peripheral and PlayStation Network, especially in the online area, we are studying the possibility of introducing a subscription model, offering premium content and services, in addition to the current free services."

This could be REALLY huge, this could be anything from an expanded Qore (already $25 for an annual subscription), to a PSN game rental service (Gamefly), to venturing in to subscription based MMO's (a Sony version of WoW or Everquest). drunken

Last edited by TonyAlmighty on Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Premium PSN Subscription Service   Premium PSN Subscription Service EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 3:20 am

Or possibly a $9.99 monthly subscription like the CrapBox Live.... hmmm

An effort to improve the stability of the PSN Network and servers I suppose.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

PostSubject: Re: Premium PSN Subscription Service   Premium PSN Subscription Service EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:31 am

Quote :
Or possibly a $9.99 monthly subscription like the CrapBox Live.... scratch An effort to improve the stability of the PSN Network and servers I suppose. Almighty warned me about thinking on my own and I'm probably gonna get cancelled for this. No

Premium PSN Subscription Service Slap

The BOSS just said PSN as we have it now, will REMAIN FREE, Joe. They're probably just gonna add all the stuff I mentioned before, in one sub $50 pricepoint package (to finish FailBox Live for good).
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Premium PSN Subscription Service   Premium PSN Subscription Service EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 11:34 am

If it fixes the BS that the PSN pulls sometimes I have no problem paying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: Premium PSN Subscription Service   Premium PSN Subscription Service EmptySat Nov 21, 2009 2:41 pm

LOL not always PSN although their updates can bite from time to time..... and i am not fine with paying, cause now it's a principle of the matter cause i like most of us payed the outrageous 700 price to get this and had free online gaming as a perc, now recently with more and more updates steering us towards more and more munny coming outta our pockets, am unsure how i feel about it all cause was under the impression that this would always be free.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Premium PSN Subscription Service   Premium PSN Subscription Service Empty

Back to top Go down

Premium PSN Subscription Service
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*  :: Sony Entertainment Network Content :: Sony Entertainment Network - SEN-
Jump to: