[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Japanese and European Accounts

Go down 
+3
tuffmuff
JayGood
TonyAlmighty
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

Japanese and European Accounts Empty
PostSubject: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:53 am

You can also have a Japanese and Euro PSN accounts in addition to your US one. Just go to sign up for two new accounts and put Japan and UK as your territory. I've had both (TonyShogun and TonyGovernor respectively), for awhile now.
^
Why have account from all three regions? Because each store gets different content at different times. I got the WET demo a week early from the Euro store. LBP packs are released earlier in Japan, ect, etc.
^
Why pay $3 for the LBP dynamic theme when the Japanese store dropped an Afrika dynamic theme for FREE today. And yes the dynamic themes are dope.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 9:06 pm

New free dynamic Wipeout theme (ILL) in the Euro store today.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 4:00 pm

I'm hearing you could get banned from the PSN if they catch you. scratch

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 7:24 pm

ooooh banned = not cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 10:48 pm

Where did you hear this Joe? Cause this has been common practice since day one. In fact, many established sites have posted the tutorial of how to create the Japanese account. Well, that is unless you can read Japanese like the Almighty One.
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

TonyAlmighty wrote:
Where did you hear this Joe? Cause this has been common practice since day one. In fact, many established sites have posted the tutorial of how to create the Japanese account. Well, that is unless you can read Japanese like the Almighty One.

Official sony forums.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 1:51 am

Cause you don't get banned for simply having accounts in multiple regions. Actually most users have multiple accounts, there's even YouTube videos on how do the Japanese account. If this was an issue, Sony would have it's lawyers straighten out all the sites and YouTube as well.
^
Now the issue is with Home, not so much as multi-region accounts. Now say if you try to access Home with your UK account, THEN you MAY get banned. Sony is very strict about region locking when it comes Home. Or you can get banned if people report you directly to Sony for language and/or behavior. Sony has never made a statement condemning multi-region accounts with it being a common practice. And I doubt they would just ban someone, they would probably just shut the extra accounts down like Microsoft does with them Xbots who do the same thing
^
So it's straight my dude, go up in there and download yourself a lil demo or theme or something. "Go for it McFly, unless your CHICKEN?!"
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 8:21 am

I'm staying away from extra accounts until I get some confirmation from one of you boys on the official word on this.

As I will be greatly upset if I lose my TuffMuff account. Its the best name ever.
Back to top Go down
manny2921
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
manny2921

Post # : 218

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyWed Sep 16, 2009 5:07 pm

true that muff that name is soo sexy it make me cry Razz
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:51 am

tuffmuff wrote:
As I will be greatly upset if I lose my TuffMuff account. Its the best name ever.

Actually, the best name ever is RottedBodies. Oh yeah
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:30 am

Well, while y'all Texuns are turning yella, Starks is on that Ninja Gaiden 2 demo, bleeding Yankee blue. And Sony ain't gonna do a ghatdamn thing about it. "No retreat! No surrender! THAT is Movement law!!"
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 10:30 am

Hells wrote:
tuffmuff wrote:

Actually, the best name ever is RottedBodies. Oh yeah

Ummmmm NO. You FAIL.

Japanese and European Accounts 1FAIL
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 11:48 am

That cat pic makes no sense whatsoever. YOU FAIL AT FAILING. hmmm
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:24 pm

well you FAIL at comprehension .... so there!

Japanese and European Accounts Fail10
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 12:26 pm

That dog is getting a BJ. That's a WIN. You FAIL again! HaHa
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:57 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:49 pm

lmao I should've known that was coming... i guess i do fail on this one
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyFri Sep 18, 2009 12:27 am

As clan Consigliere my job is to mediate quarrels, remedy problems and administer sound advice.
^
So let's simply say, GETTING HEAD HOW EVER YOU LOOK AT IT? (EPIC WIN!!!)
^
/thread.
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:47 am

well one isn't sure if that was head though, looked like a face fu*@ing to me. could be epic fail for the dog with goo in it's eyes......
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 10:49 am

sorry got off track there for a sec and forgot why i opened the thread.....Tony does this mean that PS3's aren't region sensitive??? ie; can i go to psn japan and by games only available in japan??? (my daughter knows how to read it as well) you know to avoid the region thing???
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 2:42 pm

lmao gamer
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 9:59 am

and answered my own question for those, besides muffy and myself, who're following this. I read yesterday that just before the ps3 came out they announced that they weren't going to be region oriented. whether or not they changed their minds on the matter is unseen. cannot find anything on that particular tangent. so it would seem they came out region neutral.... back when they were backwards compatible.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:56 am

So I researched the risks of having a UK or Japanese account and the consensus is that there isn't any risk. It appears to be common practice. Really the only benefit is early demo's and different themes. You can't purchase anything from the stores unless you have a japanese credit card or UK credit card.

Tony and I got the Bayonetta demo early and its AWESOME.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:00 am

Oh and Gamer, there isn't much of a region lock. Only thing is DLC is sometimes region sensitive. I've bought Fritz Chess from Germany and it played fine and I have Aquanaut's Holiday coming from Japan and they're guaranteeing it will play fine on my PS3 with trophy support. There are a lot of awesome japanese games that I want. Only issue is that they're expensive. Some of them are like $80+ and then the shipping is sometimes pricey.
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 7:10 pm

My bad for missing your question earlier Gamer. US credit and debit cards do not work on the Japanese store. You can however purchase Japanese PSN cards online and shop that way. If you want more info about that let me know.
^
And Muff, PSN is PARTIALLY region sensitive. I may have said this before, but DO NOT GO INTO HOME UNDER AN INTERNATIONAL ACCOUNT. Sony is strict about this and THIS MAY mess up your US account. Otherwise as I stated before, make a UK and Japanese account to take advantage of all the free content we get here late or sometimes don't get at all.
^
I go in all three stores every Thursday (they all update the same day despite time differences) and I download all the free content they. I log back into my US account and BOOM, I'm good to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Japanese and European Accounts   Japanese and European Accounts Empty

Back to top Go down

Japanese and European Accounts
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*  :: Sony Entertainment Network Content :: Sony Entertainment Network - SEN-
Jump to: