[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strategy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Strategy   Strategy EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:11 am

My upgrade order

1. Worker - most important class in the game, upgrades the classes and builds all support. Upgrades to bombs and becomes another long range ally. Also produces the large bombs which are the most powerful weapon in the game. It's essential to get off to an early start by upgrading him ASAP; The backbone of a powerful defense.

2. Priest - the only healer in the game, need I say more? Also once upgraded the Dark Priest becomes another long range ally.

3. Mage - another long range ally and once upgraded, the ice spells slow down enemies.

4. Warrior - I upgrade the warrior later on because he's powerful enough with his sword early on. And also once he upgrades to the bladestaff he looses his shield, no rush here.

5. Ranger - although my favorite class, he's actually better BEFORE the upgrade. The musket is grossly underpowered and his arrows are actually more effective. I would venture to say your better off building the catapult or a bridge before upgrading this guy; definitely last. (The developers are probably gonna tweak this guy when they balance out the classes a bit in an upcoming patch.)

Wow, this game is even deeper than I imagined, per Titan:

A Newcomer’s Guide to Being an Effective Hero

Stay Out of the Grinder

Most maps have choke points where massive, bloody, chaos ensues. These meat grinders eat up your team’s resources and never yield any progress towards your ultimate goals (unless you’re playing deathmatch).  Instead of throwing yourselves to the wolves, next time you respawn, check your mini-map first by pressing “Select.”  The mini-map will show you the road less traveled and help you to time your attacks.  Knowledge is power.  Yes, we’re mixing metaphors and over using clichés.  It’s our strategy guide, we can do that here.

Bouncing off the Walls?

Instead of bouncing off the castle doors and walls all day, consider this: on every level there are multiple ways into the enemy castle to reach your princess.  If one is contested, try another.  In addition to the obvious catapults – build ladders, look for high-roads and more.  Did you notice the cracks in the walls of the Great Gorge castle?  Have you found out how to control the lava platforms in Hot Sauce? (We gotta figure this out!)

We Must Hang Together, or We Shall Surely Hang Apart

Bucket Brigade!

Don’t just launch from the catapult by your lonesome.  You’ll be easy fodder for those on the other end.  Get in the bucket, press up on the D-Pad to call for help and wait until you have 2 or 3 or 6 teammates.  Arm yourselves with with bombs, potions and charged weapons before you launch.  Dropping 5 players onto the enemy castle is 10x more potent than going it alone.  Don’t forget to use aftertouch to help direct your landing. (One major flaw of the game is that the bots are very dumb and don't do the obvious most of the time. So your have to make up for them to win if you don't have many human players.)

Class Warfare

OMGWTF?  I’m Invincible!

Have you ever seen a player with a glowing white aura around them? This is the Holy Shield, which absorbs any amount of damage from a single attack.  You can create a Holy Shield by using a Priest to heal your teammates to above 100% health for a few seconds.  The Holy Shield can be used in many different ways to make your attacks more devastating and effective! Any ideas?  BooOOoOM!

Long Jump

The Advanced Warrior’s charge attack can be used to travel through the environment quickly and cross deadly gaps in a single bound. You can use this strategy to fly across the lava flows in Hot Sauce and pounce on unsuspecting enemies.  Black Forest?  …?

Freezing Your Bits Off

Ice Mages freezing you in your tracks?  Annoying.  Try tapping the attack button while frozen to break out of the ice much more quickly. Your chums have a way to break you out of the ice as well…
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:34 pm

Revised upgrade order
1. Worker
2. Priest
3. Warrior
4. Ranger
5. Mage
^
Also we have underestimated the power of the Villager, all the best clans use a Villager when charging over to rescue the princess. It makes your group move faster. The way the speed system works is that the less hearts you have, the faster you are. The Villager is basically the Flash, he's the lightest and fastest, he can reach areas that no other class can because of he can jump the highest because he carries no armor. Using one or two dedicated Villagers to use big bombs to lower the enemies defenses is a crucial tactic. I've took notice of young Lee employing the Villager, very good, your learning son...
^
The best way to upgrade and get lots of points the RIGHT way is to play a 32p Soccer match. Use the Worker and bomb the crowds going for the balls. You can average 3500 to 5500 points a match. It takes 300K to unlock everything and I'm at 250K. (Credit: Manny)
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 5:01 pm

All these changes are gonna mold the game into the way it was intended, more a chess match than a brawl. Were gonna have to spend next weekend getting the new strategies together Lee. We need to figure out how were gonna assign the classes out of a full 16 person team. What I'm thinking by reading this is...

Now the buffed Warrior is going to be the main offensive weapon with is new strength he's going to be the one flagging and constantly moving forward.

The Ranger has been buffed a bit, so he's gonna do what he should have always been doing, and thats holding down the outposts with the Worker and sniping people off, the outposts can be used for both defense and offense depending on which one were occupying.

The Priest will be used strictly for defense along with a Worker, he's been nerfed, so him on offense now would be a waste. I'd say he should'nt go any further than the middle, that way he can meet the offense returning back with the princess to heal the flagger. And one back at the base to weaken incoming enemies.

The Mage can be a floater and help wherever he's needed.

The Worker hasn't been changed much, so his function will remain the same as most important class.

The Villager will remain the same, but I'd say we only need one now to sneak around. Rushing may be a bad idea now because of the buffed Warrior. We can test it out to see if it can still be effective.

So, the proposed team breakdown should be...

1. Worker x3
2. Warrior x5
3. Ranger x3
4. Priest x2
5. Mage x2
6. Villager x1
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:34 pm

this strategy I like... we playing thursday when the patch comes out??? do we have a 16 man team??
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 2:53 am

I'm gonna be back on it hard again, many have been waiting for this patch. No we don't have a full roster YET, but I've added a lot of guys with mics on my friendslist to at least be able to run good rooms HOPEFULLY without "mimes" (mofo's without mics!).

Clan support, new classes, new upgrades and more new maps are still coming, so now that the glitches, class balances and rankings have been ironed out, we can run again. Everyone is gonna have to get used to the new goodies, so I wanna try to get as organised as possible now before the next batch of goodies drop.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strategy   Strategy Empty

Back to top Go down

Strategy
Page 1 of 1