[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC??? Empty
PostSubject: Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC???   Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC??? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 12:09 pm

Has anyone heard anything on the remake M vs C or M vs D?

There's alotta floating money that could be collected if these projects were actually done.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC???   Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC??? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 1:18 pm

Here, let me help you out there my dude...

Quote :
Has anyone the God of Games himself, heard anything on the remake M vs C or M vs D?

Well originally they didn’t want to even make a next-gen SF at all, Capcom thought that since arcades in America were dead and fighting games fell off from the 90’s that there was no market for it!! Of course they're analysts were dead wrong and we’ve been wanting the next SF for 9 years! SFIV will do Dr. Evil numbers.

So the developers are saying that if SFIV does huge numbers, they may resurrect some of the other Capcom fighters. Outside of a SFIV, the general consensus is that everyone wants MVC 3. While there hasn't been any official confirmation of this yet, a recent interview with Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios President of Production has hinted at the possibility of a third installment. When asked if a new MVC game was possible someday, His reply was: "Yes. And maybe sooner than you think." Merry Xmas Good. santa The only hitch is that EA currently owns the Marvel rights, but that can easily be worked out with suitcases of money. Twisted Evil

There's also a possibility of a proper sequel to SFIII (the best fighter ever) , DarkStalkers, Rival Schools (crack) etc. MAYBE. Now DC is unwisely tied up with Midway in that whole Mortal Kombat fiasco, so that may be out. But I’d love to see Capcom’s take on a DC fighter!
Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC???   Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC??? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:04 pm

Alotta grassy knolls (theories) I've heard ranged from...

Not going to happen due to..they never could agree upon it just off the principles of they couldnt cross over the comic book.

To...it wouldn't happen b/c the strengthes of the characters are uneven as for DC vs Marvel. Some feel Marvel's strengths of charcaters are extremely exagerated compared to that of DC characters.

Impossible to intergrate the characters off their abbilities. Most platforms have Fast/quick, normal/reg, slow /powerful characters. Most of the characters don't fall in those categories and it would cause concerns of characteristics being inaccurate.

It all sounds like a bunch of BCS BS to me. They can make it happen, but I got a feeling this is coming down to egos and somebody doesn't want to take the back seat...and I think it's DC.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC???   Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC??? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:36 pm

of coarse it's dc they still view everyone else as that upstart youngun' oh well and i thought i told ya already tony marvel pulled out of dealings with capcom because they thought they got screwed over for the mvc one and two series...can blame stan the man and the movie studios for that one. although after spidie's first overly successful movie and stan's only pat on the back was mainly a walk on appearance and pockey change for the geedunk machine who can blame him....not really sure about stan himself feels about the whole franchise deally when it comes to games such as MVC series but i think marvel after dealing with the studios as a whole has restructured thier dealings with the other forms of media entertainment....now you can take this as meer speculation and what not but my homie out where you live, x-box fan felt no need to bring him up before now, is a mad comic book fanboy so i get all my info from him and he's never let me down yet
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC???   Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC??? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:50 pm

They actually already did a crossover in the comics. It was called Amalgam comics, that’s what I was referencing when I said Supes would beat the Hulk, cause he already did. They could easily integrate them both if they did it with MVC because there’s no way all these guys should be able to fight each other, but they balanced it out. I mean if you can do Cap, then you can do Wonder Woman, if you can do Hulk, then you can do Supes. MK uses clever ways to explain why Supes isn’t just ripping everyone apart.

And your right about Marvel Entertainment's restructuring, they've totally overhauled everthing starting with Ironman. What I heard came straight from Marvel's mouth, so take it for whatever you will. I personally wasn't a huge fan of MVC gameplay wise, 50-hit combos never appealed to me. But it was always fun and I'd love to see it done with current technology.

I mean at this point with MK snatching up DC, it’s very unlikely to happen anytime soon. My dream is to at least have the Batman guys in SF, imagine Batman, Azrael, all three Robins, both Batgirls, Bane, Green Arrow, etc, done in Capcom style. But hey I can’t complain though, my other dream came through when they put Star Wars in Soul Calibur!!

Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC??? 85093-1

Last edited by TonyAlmighty on Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC???   Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC??? EmptyWed Dec 10, 2008 2:52 pm

hell yeah oh man i got to make kenshin again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC???   Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Marvel Vs Capcom or Marvel vs DC???
Page 1 of 1