[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA

Go down 
+7
proudfatherof_2
Backlash01
redbarrontx
queeen_nariko666
prboi400
tuffmuff
l2oad_l3lock
11 posters
AuthorMessage
l2oad_l3lock
Recruit
l2oad_l3lock

Post # : 20

CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA Empty
PostSubject: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Hey guys, i'd like to make a suggestion for prospects, in call of duty alot of people want to have some type of clan tag. and I thought it would be a good idea to allow prospects to have a clan tag of some sort. My idea is that MVMT APPROVED have the capitol letters, MVMT. So I was thinking that prospects could have a lower case clan tag, to show that they are prospecting for the clan. so theirs would show as mvmt. I think this would be a great idea, i've ran it by Redbarron, Buddah, Backlash, and TheHarryCherries and they all think this is a good idea as well. So hopefully we can vote this in as a new rule. That way they can rep The MVMT but not fully. I'd like any and all feedback on this idea. And of course the idea could be used for all other factions of THE MVMT also.

Thank you for your time,
Road Block
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 11:08 pm

I know this is ultimately up to Jay but I am highly against the idea. As you can read in many threads it takes a lot to become a part of the family and people need to earn that tag. Prospects or not until they prove they're worthy they shouldn't wear the clan tag in any form.

Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
prboi400
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
prboi400

Post # : 852

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:43 am

I vote nay they gotta earn it.
Back to top Go down
queeen_nariko666
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
queeen_nariko666

Post # : 23

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 12:53 am

i say let them earn it we all had to work to get in to the family why do any different
Back to top Go down
redbarrontx
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
redbarrontx

Post # : 120

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 9:43 am

They do got a point...alot of people stuck around and played and hung in there for awhile...some folks waited it out for 2 months +....it is a good idea dont get me wrong but I can feel where the Klan members are coming from...
Back to top Go down
Backlash01
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
Backlash01

Post # : 7

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:42 pm

I agree with earning your way into the family but I would like to see them be able to show support by wearing some type of clan tag.
Back to top Go down
l2oad_l3lock
Recruit
l2oad_l3lock

Post # : 20

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:13 pm

I do understand where everyone that is against it is coming from. But from my point of view, We need people who can help us build this clan in COD. We have Elite. Something each one of us paid for, and we can't get the full fill of it with what few members we have competing in the Clan Ops right now. For the most part its just been myself and Buddah competing. I know that others have jobs and ps3 issues, but we need some new blood in here to help us out and get our Clan higher in ranks. I have a prospect now that has a month to wait before he can get on the clan roster for MW3 in Elite. I know the guy i've played with him for over a year now. I know that he doesn't clan hope or do any of the things that are unliked by this family. He wants to join us to help us move the clan forward. Waiting a month to have him help us move the clan forward just eludes me.
Back to top Go down
proudfatherof_2
Recruit
proudfatherof_2

Post # : 3

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:16 pm

i dont think i have anyroom to tlk on this subject but i think it would be a good idea mabe not useing the mvmt because yes that would be something you need to earn but mabe something like pros for (prospecting) or recr for (recruit) or some other four letter abreviation to show people there not in the movement but trying to be and they should have to were that clan tag for 3 months just for ya'll to make sure that is someone you want in your clan but like i said i dont think i should comment on this but i agree with road block to a point
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:18 pm

As I said I'd wait for Jay to chime in but the way we've recruited has always been the same and I don't think it should change. People need to earn their way into the clan. Look at how long it took to get approved for some of the others. I don't see that changing and I know Jay is more interested in making sure that future members are excellent fits rather than being in a rush to move the clan forward in a game.

Its about family first.
Back to top Go down
queeen_nariko666
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
queeen_nariko666

Post # : 23

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 7:52 pm

i know am stiill new but i argee with tuffmuff on this one why change something that has been around for awhile for all we know something could go wrong with the change and then wut would we all do
Back to top Go down
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:59 pm

A true prospect will make an effort to join and if after a fair amount of time, they're making no progress, maybe they should reevaluate why that is. There shouldn't be any sort of gratification or false confidence or whatever you want to call it until they have got in. This idea just seems like an easy way or some sort of promise they'll get in just because this "prospect" has worn some tag or has been told, "Oh, just wait a few weeks and you'll get in." In COD, a clan tag doesn't mean much so it shouldn't be some sort of prospecting tool. Just wait for the "good ones".
Back to top Go down
BUDDAH2521
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BUDDAH2521

Post # : 157

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:47 pm

i agree with everyone here but queen has no room to say anything for she was wearing our tag before she was officially in.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Everyone always has room to give their opinion Buddha. If she was wearing the tag before she was officially brought in then the leaders of the COD faction should have asked her to remove it. If you guys did ask her to remove it and she refused then I'd question why you all vouched for her in the first place.

Back to top Go down
BUDDAH2521
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
BUDDAH2521

Post # : 157

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 2:59 pm

we never asked to remove it she said wanted to be apart of the clan we told her what she had to do to get in. so she put on the tag and that was part of letting us know how much she wanted to join. i think if some is prospecting to get in they should have some kind of symbol just for cod. but i totally agree with everyone here.
Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Yeah ...no one should be wearing the clan tag until they're told they can do so. That's something you earn. Not something used to show your dedication. Dedication is simply showing up, being a team player, being a cool person and showing commitment to playing with us and building on the family.

You guys have to be patient in finding the right people. We can't just automatically say yes to people because they ask. I can't think of a single person that has joined the clan that didn't go through the same process of waiting, playing, communicating etc.

Those two new guys posted in the "I wanna join" thread and now they just have to wait. If they don't have the patience to wait on how we do things then... they aren't worth it.

Back to top Go down
JayGood
Capofamiglia*
Capofamiglia*
JayGood

Post # : 2964

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Guys be patient. I can tell you this from experience...and wanting to bring in alot of folks to appear "big and important,"...it doesnt always bode as well. There are ALOTof people looking "just to be apart of something" out there. Some that are looking to be apart of that next "hottest clan." So over time, we've encountered quite a few clan hoppers, and folks that really weren't truly in "The Movement" for The Movement. It was more for themselves...or the feeling of self importance.

We've maintained our stability based off our principles and how we view this thing as a "clan"...by viewing it as a family. That's why the slogan says, "More than just a clan." It's a privilege that has to be earned to wear those letters, and its not for any and everyone. Those individuals that REALLY want to join...will do what it takes to be apart of this family, and show that patience. Some folks waited a YEAR to get brought in. That's after they began playing with us on a regular, and building the relationships necessary. You have PLENTY of members within The Movement that have. Then you have plenty individuals that we've brought in through trial and errors of mass recruiting, not doing our homework and other errors of not standing by our guidelines. If you go up to the "members" button up top...you'll see pages up on pages of "interested people" that wanted to join, or joined...but they're not here today.

Due to that...it's a task to join. And it will remain that way. There's plenty of bogus "Mvmt" clans out there on several games...even seen some playoff of names of members, on other accounts. But if that person hasn't been announced and recognized as being apart of the family here...merely imposters.

Just keep in mind...the formula we have, and have had, is in place for a reason. It's not about a person joining or getting down...it's about THAT person getting to meet ALL those they will be gaming with, getting to know them, where they can then in return, turnaround and vouch for that person...and then we bring them in. Its kind of like the Hall of Fame in sports...you cant just let any and everyone in. One person may get along with you...but may conflict with two other members. Throws off the chemistry and what we have here.

If they really want it...they'll stay down. If they don't...they'll find that clan that will not only allow them to join, but any and everyone else. Those types of groups argue all the time, dont respect each other and have ZERO longevity.

Just remember in recruiting. It's not about going out and actively seeking and finding members. It's about individuals observing the chemistry and comradery you display with your brothers/sisters that's infectious to that person to where they appreciate that, and want to be apart of what you've displayed....not the letters you wear.

~Goodz~
Back to top Go down
http://www.themvmt.net
proudfatherof_2
Recruit
proudfatherof_2

Post # : 3

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:58 pm

very well put jay after reading all that i understand wut all ya'll are tlking about by having to earn it lol
Back to top Go down
redbarrontx
I AM The Mvmt
I AM The Mvmt
redbarrontx

Post # : 120

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 2:02 pm

Quote :
Dedication is simply showing up, being a team player, being a cool person and showing commitment to playing with us and building on the family.

Damn that had to come out a book somewhere!!! Naw I felt that for real...Well said and like Tuff said I would wait for a follow up from Good before signing off on this. So for further notice I would suggest that only Klan Members should be tagged salute

Back to top Go down
Rayray1519
Recruit
Rayray1519

Post # : 2

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:25 pm

I know I'm just a prospect, but I feel I should share my opinion on the subject. I see it both ways. I do like the idea of the lower case mvmt for prospects. I've been using it a since the thread started, with permission from the MW3 clan members of course. I also see why the clan members don't like the idea. Some people might think they are in the "clan" just because they get to use the tag. I've been playing with The MVMT since MW2 and I know it takes more than the tag to make someone a member. P.S. Can't wait to get my "MVMT"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA   CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA Empty

Back to top Go down

CALL OF DUTY PROSPECTS IDEA
Page 1 of 1