[Mvmt] - The Movement Online Gaming Network*
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Clan forum of The Movement Online Gaming Network

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

Metal Gear Solid: Rising Empty
PostSubject: Metal Gear Solid: Rising   Metal Gear Solid: Rising EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 3:58 am

"Metal Gear Solid: Rising is an upcoming game set in the Metal Gear series. Announced at E3 2009, the game will be released on the PlayStation 3, FailBox and PC and will star Raiden. (f*** multiplatform! Mad) Hideo Kojima and Kenichiro Imaizumi will be producing the game, though it is currently unknown who is directing the game. The series' former tagline, "Tactical Espionage Action", has been replaced with "Lightning Bolt Action", a play on Raiden's name. The title Rising is also a play on Raiden's name; the Japanese pronunciation "raijin" is a word play on a mythic Japanese storm god, while the word "raiden" (雷電, "raiden"?) means "thunder and lightning" in Japanese. Kojima has also confirmed that it will be a stealth game.

While the story is still unknown, Kojima has stated that the game will feature Raiden as the main character. Concept art for the game featured Raiden standing atop what looks like Crying Wolf, resulting in rumors that the game will take place before or during MGS4 and may explain how Sunny was saved from The Patriots. Curiously, concept art also features Raiden with brown eyes rather than blue, which was his eye color in Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Concept art also shows Raiden wearing a slightly different robotic suit than he has in MGS4.

Kojima officially announced the game at Microsoft's E3 2009 press conference, after running various countdowns for the announcement on a Konami website. Both Kojima and Kenichiro Inaizumi will be producing the game. Kojima stated that he became involved with Rising because "it's a completely different kind of action than what has appeared in the series so far" and also stated that he will be more involved in the development of the game than a normal video game producer would be.

Kojima refers to both Rising and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP) as Metal Gear Solid 5, while specifically calling Rising "the next generation MGS5." Kojima has specifically said that he would not be directing, as he and the team behind Metal Gear Solid 4 would be busy working on Peace Walker.

At the end of a teaser trailer for the game shown at E3 2009, the words "Sneak In" are shown, a reference to both MGS4 promotional art which used the tag-line "Sneak Out" and the Xbox 360 advertisements that use "Jump In."

Sean Eyestone, the host of Kojima Productions's podcast, stated that the game will feature an entirely new game engine. He also stated that the game will "be a big project like Metal Gear Solid 4. The entire team is serious about making it look as good as possible on every platform." Regarding the term "rising" in the game's title, Eyestone also said "[the game is] raising the Metal Gear franchise up to the next step." At the 2009 Tokyo Game Show in late September 2009, Kojima stated that the game is "far from completion."

Back to top Go down
tuffmuff
THE 1st Lady*
THE 1st Lady*
tuffmuff

Post # : 3462

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising   Metal Gear Solid: Rising EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 12:45 pm

Interesting. I know I'm gonna get attacked for this but I didn't care much for the last one. It was supposed to be the next best thing to Jesus and I just didn't get it. Wound up giving it to my brother.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.org
GeneraLee27
Mvmt - V.I.P.
Mvmt - V.I.P.
GeneraLee27

Post # : 1340

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising   Metal Gear Solid: Rising EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
GenXGamer
Civilian
GenXGamer

Post # : 892

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising   Metal Gear Solid: Rising EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 8:09 pm

Don't feel too bad muffy, i didn't get into the series at all.....
Back to top Go down
TonyAlmighty
Consigliere*
Consigliere*
TonyAlmighty

Post # : 1744
Status : "Amateurs talk strategy. PROFESSIONALS talk logistics."

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising   Metal Gear Solid: Rising EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:23 am

The entire MGS saga is convoluted as F***, EVERYONE is a double or triple agent (Ocelot works for damn near EVERY organization)!!! scratch MGS is for the innovative, unparelled gameplay and the immersive cinematic experience, following the story is a part-time job in itself (believe me, I've tried!). Don't worry, no one else 100% understands the story either, but they're still some of the best games ever. farao

My personal best gaming experience ever was MGS 1 on the PS1, that shit was and still is the best game ever IMO. When I beat it I was f***ing SPEECHLESS! Shocked

Metal Gear Solid: Rising Jesus-explains-gaming
MGS4 WAS the next best thing to Jesus, Muffin! It\'s Ok
Back to top Go down
Hells
Civilian
Hells

Post # : 583

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising   Metal Gear Solid: Rising EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 1:23 am

MGS4 is badass!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Gear Solid: Rising   Metal Gear Solid: Rising Empty

Back to top Go down

Metal Gear Solid: Rising
Page 1 of 1